Forums

pots/buffs needed for best damage RIM

9 hours ago, voo said:

anyone care to share some tips?

Just normal lv5 buffs/sonatas, lv2 harmony and pom + crippling dance. PoM, Crippling and Sonatas will run out inside, use the selfbuffs for that.

You can also use a cocktail, but it's a waste imo for a 10 min instance. Yet the option is there.

• Like 1

If you have an appropriate Aden/Elmore Cloak set yourself up with all your buffs then trigger Wrath of Elmore, etc. against the Pathfinder NPC. Then reset and wait 2-3 minutes. When you log back in start the instance immediately and depending on how fast you are you will have over a minute or so (over 3 minutes if mastery triggers) of the buff remaining to start with and by the time you reach the 7-8th minute or so you can trigger the buff once more. You can stack PoA, Hurricane Shackle or anything useful like this, just time your entrance accordingly.

Also If you feel like spending just a little to save time take advantage of the My Teleport Troll Scroll deal and you can port in with the GoG buff for a few minutes ^_^.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mixa said:

Just normal lv5 buffs/sonatas, lv2 harmony and pom + crippling dance. PoM, Crippling and Sonatas will run out inside, use the selfbuffs for that.

You can also use a cocktail, but it's a waste imo for a 10 min instance. Yet the option is there.

To add on this, of course use Ice Rose, dragon glowing pot, beer, fish soup or w/e its called to maximize your damage output.There are other things you can stack as pointed above and probably even more so, but these things should do just fine.

If you have these pots already, use them. Not saying you have to rush the market, if you don't. Also, since the Rim Kamaloka is only 10 minutes, obviously you want to use these and go hunt or log off right after instance ends..........

*Deton's Purple Potion (people forget this also increases Patk/Matk and Skill Power by 15%)

*Santiago's Royal Soup  OR  *Protein Drink +10 STR (you can't do both)

*Freya's or Einhasad's Charisma Potion (stacks with Santiago Soup; +5 CHA increases lots of attack and damage related stats)

*Emperor Cocktail

*Honey Dark Beer

*Shining Dragon Attribute Tonic

*Brilliant Freya Rose (better than normal Freya Rose, Art of Seduction, whatever)

Other stuff for your inventory....

Freya's Bloody Rune 

Eva's Rune

Talismans - too many different types to list and the really good ones that boost stuff like P. Skill Power, P/M.Skill Crit Damage, Attribute, Skill Cooldown, etc., can only be bought from other players

Edited by MalumInSe
On 7/9/2020 at 5:15 PM, voo said:

anyone care to share some tips?

C'mon Voo... you of all people should know this is NCsoft we're talking about. It's been a few years since you last quit but things haven't gotten any better, if anything things have gone south tenfold.

12 hours ago, mixa said:

To add on this, of course use Ice Rose, dragon glowing pot, beer, fish soup or w/e its called to maximize your damage output.There are other things you can stack as pointed above and probably even more so, but these things should do just fine.

Doesn't matter. No matter what you use unless you're 110+ it's a fail and a waste of time and pots.

Edited by Sharlanna
22 hours ago, mixa said:

Crippling Dance and Song of Assault and other prophecies can also trigger the ISS Spirit buff at the same time. ISS Spirit last 10 minutes. Buff PoM, or Chant of Bison, or Victories of Pa'agrio to that. So for the first 5 minutes you'll have PoM/VoP/CoB + CrD/SoA + ISS Spirit stacked.

For the last 5 minutes (closer to 4 min 30 seconds because of entering instance delay) you'll have just ISS Spirit. It gives 20% P.Atk/M.Atk/P.Def/M.Def, which is pretty good all things considered.

Edited by GhostShadow
47 minutes ago, GhostShadow said:

Crippling Dance and Song of Assault and other prophecies can also trigger the ISS Spirit buff at the same time. ISS Spirit last 10 minutes. Buff PoM, or Chant of Bison, or Victories of Pa'agrio to that. So for the first 5 minutes you'll have PoM/VoP/CoB + CrD/SoA + ISS Spirit stacked.

For the last 5 minutes (closer to 4 min 30 seconds because of entering instance delay) you'll have just ISS Spirit. It gives 20% P.Atk/M.Atk/P.Def/M.Def, which is pretty good all things considered.

This is for ISS, of course.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sharlanna said:

Doesn't matter. No matter what you use unless you're 110+ it's a fail and a waste of time and pots.

This is true. The good prizes are Stage 3. But even DDs with top equipment can only sniff them if they are higher level than 111. Enjoy those fragments! :D

14 hours ago, Sharlanna said:

I don't agree.I could do it very well at lv108 feoh with rather average gear (no exalted crap ofc).I don't remember exact number but I was scoring ~5500-6000 points in the lv 110 Rim Kamaloka.My only guess is that a better geared feoh and lv110 will very easily do 8000+ if not more.How much you do on your mage?

Edited by mixa

Can't forget that high score is also affected by the chance of spawning the Doppler and Void mobs. Sometimes they spawn more times than others. That is the difference between me scoring 14,000+, or only 13,000+ in Stage 2.

6 hours ago, Degus said:

Don't be so negative baby cakes!

I'm not negative... just frustrated atm because my ISP sucks and I keep DCing. Not much I can do though. I rent a room in a private home and Atlantic Broadband won't talk to me because I'm not the acct owner. You name it, I've tried it. I'm beginning to suspect that her ancient Arris modem/router is on the blink because it continuously gets worse and it's touch-and-go. Darn woman doesn't know squat though... smh.

My advice would be to simply use the free boosts ( ice rose, glowing dragon and dark beer ) you get from the solo castilla instance. If you can't succeed doing the rim just don't participate in that event. Because the cost will by far outweigh the reward.

Im on a 107 eviscerator doing lowbie runs at 105 earning 7500pts.  i just buff and pom and go in.  I have exalted armor with some top grade stuff.  i just kill one by one.