Forums

Maybe I'm Naive But......

Rodah

I really thought the GMs would address the problems with the Rim Event. 

It just seems like they "should" be able to make some changes on there end without having to get a patch from Korea. 

....but nothing from them; only crickets xD

The GMs are probably much more limited in what they can do once an event is underway. Plus, you have to consider that the event is working as intended right now. Any alterations could throw something else out of whack. Best to leave well enough alone.

I see no reason to adjust the event. It's more or less exactly the same as the previous ones that you could upgrade the bracelet.

Let alone that this time around you can actually get free consumables out of it, which wasn't the case in the past events.

First problem is we don't have GM, there are only 2 people working here and i bet none of them have any clue how to change code of the game. Its safer for them to just do nothing than to make even bigger mess. They can always say "We can't do it Korea does not let us", its easier than "We have no clue how to do it".

6 hours ago, mixa said:

I see no reason to adjust the event. It's more or less exactly the same as the previous ones that you could upgrade the bracelet.

Let alone that this time around you can actually get free consumables out of it, which wasn't the case in the past events.

When 3 classes cannot participate in the event other than going AFK for 10 minutes there is most definitely something wrong with it. 

Based on your past comments on numerous other threads this remark is not surprising; having said that, you're wrong.  

Edited by Rodah

14 hours ago, mixa said:

Don't be too quick to applaud them for that. We also get a crapload of Nightmare fragments, since the odds of winning any of the other prizes from opening boxes is extremely low. The consumables are just there to make everyone feel like they got something out of it. This is the "everyone gets a trophy, even the losers" generation after all.  But it's not like you get to keep the consumables after the event ends -- unlike REAL prizes. The consumables get deleted in September.

On 7/18/2020 at 5:43 PM, Rodah said:

When 3 classes cannot participate in the event other than going AFK for 10 minutes there is most definitely something wrong with it. 

Based on your past comments on numerous other threads this remark is not surprising; having said that, you're wrong.  

Hmmm, were those classes able to do anything in the previous events? It's same now. Care to explain how I'm wrong about an obvious fact?

1 hour ago, mixa said:

Hmmm, were those classes able to do anything in the previous events? It's same now. Care to explain how I'm wrong about an obvious fact?

Wait what? 

3/24 - Server Boost

3/03 - Lara's Buff

2/11 - Power of Love

1/15 - Red Libra

Are you saying support classes weren't able to participate in any of these?  Of course not and, of course you are wrong (big surprise there).  This event essentially excludes support classes.  Oh wait, they get a free Rose every 2 days......... I guess you are right.

12 hours ago, Rodah said:

Wait what? 

3/24 - Server Boost

3/03 - Lara's Buff

2/11 - Power of Love

1/15 - Red Libra

Are you saying support classes weren't able to participate in any of these?  Of course not and, of course you are wrong (big surprise there).  This event essentially excludes support classes.  Oh wait, they get a free Rose every 2 days......... I guess you are right.

Oh dear, I'm taking about the Lucien bracelet events from the past.... you probably didn't understand what I was talking about.

4 hours ago, mixa said:

Oh dear, I'm taking about the Lucien bracelet events from the past.... you probably didn't understand what I was talking about.

Oh dear.... perhaps you're the one who doesn't understand the problem (again, not surprising).  The Bracelet event is broken; IDC if it's this one or previous ones.  What don't you get about that?  To my knowledge it is one of the few (maybe the only) "event" which excludes support classes from participating. 

You know this is wrong even if you choose to be a contrarian and deny it.  Instead of parroting the "working as intended party line" why don't you just move along.......

2 hours ago, Rodah said:

Oh dear.... perhaps you're the one who doesn't understand the problem (again, not surprising).  The Bracelet event is broken; IDC if it's this one or previous ones.  What don't you get about that?  To my knowledge it is one of the few (maybe the only) "event" which excludes support classes from participating. 

You know this is wrong even if you choose to be a contrarian and deny it.  Instead of parroting the "working as intended party line" why don't you just move along.......

Again, nothing new in this event. It may exclude the poorly equipped supports, but that's about it.

Also what were those events you listed above and how were they related to this event or the ones like it in the past?

I'll move on when I find that there is nothing else to add. It just in case you're still lost in the conversation xD

3 minutes ago, mixa said:

Again, nothing new in this event. It may exclude the poorly equipped supports, but that's about it.

Also what were those events you listed above and how were they related to this event or the ones like it in the past?

I'll move on when I find that there is nothing else to add. It just in case you're still lost in the conversation xD

So wrong and now you are just making stuff up.  There have been numerous examples (which you have seen) of full bloody support classes not even hitting A reward on the 105.  Hell, there was the Iss with Dragon Duals who couldn't hit S in the 105.  You know all this so why are you posting such nonsense?  Oh right, that's your shtick; you think it's cool to be an aloof naysayer. 

How is an in-game EVENT related to an in-game EVENT.......idk, that's a tuff one. 

On 7/20/2020 at 2:45 AM, mixa said:

If you're comparing with prior events, there are differences. The first week the Golden Compass event began a couple of years back the vast majority of the DD player base didn't really do too well let alone supports. Even @Juji and the devs for that matter acknowledged that the instance was too hard. The following maintenance the instance was updated so that the mobs dropped +100% P.Atk/+400% M.Atk pots. That improved things significantly, more so for the supports.

The second installment saw them learn from the previous experience and pots also dropped from the mobs and they varied the effects this time but not only that, tanks and healers had NPCs to fight alongside them. Personally, it made things a whole lot easier for my under geared tank to earn a P.Def bracelet.

This time the mobs don't drop anything and there are no NPCs. Instead we have a tiered version for different levels. One could argue that even the 105 instance may be difficult for the moderately geared DD/tank/healer but at least we had help while doing the instance in the form of pots and NPCs in the past. I won't be running my tank this time but I'm trying to get a third bracelet for my 107 Wynn for the heck of it ^_^.

I guess @Rodah now that we're about to go into the 3rd week of the event it's doubtful anything will change.

The only thing that kind of bothers me is the Adena Price on the Enchant scrolls. 

Yeah Rim is hard for Support classes but theres a thing called Dualsubclass. 

Now if you are an Support Main, why did you not make a DD class as Dualsubclass?

1 hour ago, TDxDan said:

The only thing that kind of bothers me is the Adena Price on the Enchant scrolls. 

Yeah Rim is hard for Support classes but theres a thing called Dualsubclass. 

Now if you are an Support Main, why did you not make a DD class as Dualsubclass?

Because maybe people don't like playing DDs? The event should include all classes equally... you shouldn't have to have a DD class in order to partake in an event meant for everybody 

• Like 1