Rown ! A message To Community and GMS

RoWn

On 18-7-2020 at 7:08 PM, RoWn said:

1: The game became a different type of MMO, namely a Macro Manager Online. Think i've said pretty much all that is needed to be said about this topic.

2: And worse, sometimes 1 year or longer periods between the store promotions which meanwhile leave no options to even catch up for those willing to spend $.

3: That will not be the best solution, in fact prestige pack should be opened up as a gift option to make it accessible to people and create a little bit more market movement and alternatives for adena spending. In the end NCSoft still get their $ so it's a win/win?

4: Game is pretty stale at this point, not much else to say about it.

5: Difficulty scales extremely poorly in this game. Harder mobs, virtually no xp increase nor improved drops. Raids are made harder and harder that it becomes increasingly difficult to keep groups going because everyone feels the effort and difficulty does not scale at all with the rewards and abandons doing it entirely. 0.00005% drop chance is a terrible not even remotely funny joke.

6: The problem for sure is the cost of any of these items wether defensive or offensive. They are extremely rare and limited to sometimes once a year or even less frequent store promotions. You can't get any of these items by normally playing the game. There is no way to catch up at all without spending a car into this game and if there is NCSoft is very quick to nerf it into oblivion. The real problem is the NCStore and morals of how this game is milked.
I understand running a business but you do not need to run a game into the ground, put it in a coffin, put nails in it and shovel dirt over it to bury it by making it inaccessible for the majority. There are more honorable ways to still make big $.

7: There is too much pay 2 win that even with someone willing to put in the $ due to rarity and sometimes never returning items it is virtually impossible to fully catch up in at least a timely way. War system is grossly abused as a grief tool and grieffing low geared clans, until that can be fixed the other problem is a fact that will never go away because not everyone want to deal with the stupidity that is the current war system. NCSoft p2w system is directly responsible for killing pvp also.

8: It is simply sad that this issue has been going on for so long and even as of this day no one received any compensation even while the issue is nearly 1 year on-going now.

9: Support is horrible, i been trying for over half a year to get over 500$ worth in lost xp items back when ncwest had a whoopsie and somehow managed to delete the contents of my entire warehouse. As of this day nothing is being done whatsoever.
Also there are support who are actually players in the game, their actions however only benefit who are on good terms with them, anyone else gets screwed in the bureaucracy of NCWest and receive a completely different support experience without any help whatsoever. This really needs attention of anyone in NCWest who may still care to make the game fair for all and not just for a small selected group.

10: Nothing new, best idea is to play or have a char on other territories server and keep an eye on them. This is your best bet of having timely information like with the homunculus update. The improved situation over there might be a eye opener and actually make you go and play there instead as what is happening on a large scale right now people are abandoning ncwest for other L2 territories.

11 to 14: It's sadly a known fact abusers, cheaters and exploiters are rarely banned while the victims and affected parties loose all their enjoyment to play.

On 7/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, RoWn said:

6) More items for damage, but no items for defense (any defensive items are very expensive)

Aren't there a bunch of lethal skills in game that ignore defense? I mean Yul's do insane amount of crit damage without also letting them enchant skills to +20 or whatever with Break, which ignores something like 30% of p.def. Maybe start by rethinking that sort of thing? Then maybe you can increase P.Def somehow in a way that helps all classes, not just one or two.

On 19/7/2020 at 4:38 AM, voo said:

there is a lot of content in this game...and many ways to make money/adena.  best gear/xp is not even close to whats possible.

oh please do elaborate on what you consider content and ways to make adenas with trillions worth of gear. then imagine a person with normal gear 50-400b and tell us your stories

- doing 4 instances that drop 3m with a trillion worth of gear is not content.

- pressing "Z" is not content

- selling l2store items is not making adenas,

- farming millions with over a trillion worth of gear is not making adenas.

making adenas is being able to obtain in game funds for higher tier items that what you have/farm with via ingame means. Meanwhile half of the standard gear to clear "content" is not obtainable ingame but only through l2store. like a cloak, a brooch, artifacts, jewels, some crazy epics, OE tickets and scrolls. agathions and the lst goes on. and not only that, it's also tied to gambling, coz you need 100-1000 boxes to get something worthwhile, you need to get that cloak/circlet, armor.weapon ++++++++ to be effective. I payed for my cloak, my artifacts, my agathions etc for what? being able to afk better?\ FFS, am I the only one around finding this bizarre? Today everyone can get geared up with their credit card. I'm pretty sure you understand the invested dollars/euros on a high end toon exceed 40k

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Get2ThePoint said:

Aren't there a bunch of lethal skills in game that ignore defense? I mean Yul's do insane amount of crit damage without also letting them enchant skills to +20 or whatever with Break, which ignores something like 30% of p.def. Maybe start by rethinking that sort of thing? Then maybe you can increase P.Def somehow in a way that helps all classes, not just one or two.

Yes and no.  You don't need pdef, that will barely help, you now need -crit damage received, -received crit rate received, element defense, prob other stuff I'm forgetting, but pdef is NOT the answere.

If you play this game for Hero/top castle/dragon farm, expect to be scammed abused trash talked. Oh and ofc you will have to heat up your Credit Card.

If you enjoy other aspects in Game such as listening to the Wonderful Nostalgic Music, Party play with Friends/Family,

you have much more excitement and joyfull moments! 

Happy Hunting and see you on the Field :) 

2 hours ago, Degus said:

Yes and no.  You don't need pdef, that will barely help, you now need -crit damage received, -received crit rate received, element defense, prob other stuff I'm forgetting, but pdef is NOT the answere.

Well, yes, that was kind of my point. You have to start with some of the other aspects that makes DDs so lethal, like skill enchants that I mentioned, and the damage boosts to p.skill power, p.skill crit damage, etc., that you mention. Just adding p.def isn't enough. I'm not even sure adding p.def and resistances would be enough. If the goal is to make tanks, support and others durable enough to last longer against DDs, maybe. But if it's to give them a real chance of regularly winning against them, I think the game will just become broken in other ways and everyone will just roll whatever flotm class that has the advantage.