Helios: Why Do You Need a Party?

BlackIce

A guy asked me to join his party for Helios. He warned me that I might die, because Helios has a really powerful strike attack and my exalted gear may not be enough. But he could rez me before he killed the boss. He just needed 5 people to enter. In exchange for me joining he also offered to help me with quests that are hard for me to do solo.

Anyway, long story short, we go in, I do die and get rezzed, but the guy basically solos and kills the boss in like 3 minutes. If Helios is that easy to kill, why do you need an entire party? I don't get it. Are other raids, group instances and daily quests like that? 

3 hours ago, BlackIce said:

A guy asked me to join his party for Helios. He warned me that I might die, because Helios has a really powerful strike attack and my exalted gear may not be enough. But he could rez me before he killed the boss. He just needed 5 people to enter. In exchange for me joining he also offered to help me with quests that are hard for me to do solo.

Anyway, long story short, we go in, I do die and get rezzed, but the guy basically solos and kills the boss in like 3 minutes. If Helios is that easy to kill, why do you need an entire party? I don't get it. Are other raids, group instances and daily quests like that? 

Most yuls with gear and level can one shot anything. As he said, he needed people to enter, nothing else -_- 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackIce said:

If Helios is that easy to kill, why do you need an entire party? I don't get it.

I assume you died rather quickly, so clearly it's hard for most people.

This restriction at least prevents overpowered people from farming Helios with multiple boxes. Even if you have 2 PCs and can log 5 accounts you need way more characters for that.

Back in the days when 105 was difficult to get I was paid 10kk adena per character (I had 3 to offer ^^) by strong players who wanted to enter Helios,  Altar etc, but I was asked to soe out after we got in.

11 hours ago, Nymphadorae said:

Most yuls with gear and level can one shot anything. As he said, he needed people to enter, nothing else -_- 

Exactly.

There are some old Youtube videos of several archers soloing Helios. I recall one where a 110 archer with about 250K p.atk. with BR and max DEX did it. There probably have been way more boosts since then, thanks to new artifacts and agathions. I know a 109 archer who when fully buffed, plus BR, item boosts and pots can reach over 1 Million in p.atk for several seconds. Add to that all the ways an archer can further boost p. skill crit rate, p. skill power, and p. skill crit damage now. Then toss in Blessing of Elmore from PVE cloak, if it's triggered on top of all of that. No wonder Helios drops so quickly.

Edited by SinPalabras

• 3 weeks later...