Token-Based Restoration, Weapon Modify & Red Libra

@Juji @Hime

Color me curious. Is the real reason why no Red Libra and Weapon Modify scrolls were removed have to do with your ability to track restored weapons? Does applying weapon modification somehow "reset" the weapon? Same with Red Libra, does exchanging the weapon for a different one somehow reset the weapon's restoration history?

Discuss.

• L2 Team
2 hours ago, Get2ThePoint said:

@Juji @Hime

Color me curious. Is the real reason why no Red Libra and Weapon Modify scrolls were removed have to do with your ability to track restored weapons? Does applying weapon modification somehow "reset" the weapon? Same with Red Libra, does exchanging the weapon for a different one somehow reset the weapon's restoration history?

Discuss.

The removal of the Weapon modify scrolls was scheduled way before the token restoration system was implemented. We cannot sell or distribute these weapon appearance items anymore on Live because of technical issues the main Dev team encountered with the appearance stones, enchant effects, and augmentations that cannot be easily resolved.

FYI, we track all weapons even if they have been reset or exchanged for a different weapon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Juji said:

The removal of the Weapon modify scrolls was scheduled way before the token restoration system was implemented. We cannot sell or distribute these weapon appearance items anymore on Live because of technical issues the main Dev team encountered with the appearance stones, enchant effects, and augmentations that cannot be easily resolved.

FYI, we track all weapons even if they have been reset or exchanged for a different weapon. 

Can you expound on the technical issue at all? Did the weapons get bugged, reset? What happened to the augments? Are these technical issues in our build currently, or in a future build? 

The issue here is that, yes, the removal was a planned event on your end. However, you ninja removed the blessed weapon appearance stones from the l2store at the same time you announced they were planned to be removed in a future update.  We had no warning that the blessed weapon stone was going to be removed, or the emerald wep app stone.

We had to destroy our old Weps with the non blessed scroll left in game or be screwed. Then, the non blessed scrolls were removed on a later maintenance.

Can't you put these in for a 1 week promo?

Also, why is armor unaffected by this bug? When armor augmentation comes to us in an update, are we to believe that the blessed armor stones will dissapear suddenly too? 

The removal of the blessed wep app stone is the biggest stab to the heart you can do to the nastalgia aspect of this game for the old players still left playing.

There has to be a solution to bring these back for our region, even if temporarily.

Edited by iHyperlite
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Juji said:

And what happening if the restored weapon sold in AH? The new owner got a deteriorated weapon, which is not restorable anymore? How can be sure the buyer before he buy, this is a "good" or "bad" weapon?

The restoration policy should go.  99% of people using this knew what they were doing, I'm no angel.  But now it's slowing down real tickets and causing other issues we probably are being told for obvious reasons.  It wasn't meant to be a free attempt to over enchant your weapon w/ no fear of losing it, that's not what L2 was ever about.  Just assume every weapon in ah has already been restored.

• Like 1

So the weapons which have been upgraded from R99 to R110 and have kept an old appearance had a bug to be enchant? Mine was broke and restored with a restoration ticket, I tryed 3 Destruction scrolls and all fail. My weapon has a bug? @Juji

Edited by Chymna

And the issue with not shown augments has something to do with appearance too?

My 15% crit.damage augment is not shown in the passive skill section, is it because of my butcher blade appearance? More important: Does it work at all? @Juji

Same with my bow (15% p.skill crit.damage and draconic bow appearance).

On 7/30/2020 at 8:23 AM, Chymna said:

So the weapons which have been upgraded from R99 to R110 and have kept an old appearance had a bug to be enchant? Mine was broke and restored with a restoration ticket, I tryed 3 Destruction scrolls and all fail. My weapon has a bug? @Juji

No. You can enchant the weapon as normal. Your chance of success is the same. I know a guy that used 14 straight Gran Kain Enchant Weapon scrolls and they all failed. But he eventually made it to +19 and +21 using Gold Coupon. Fails have nothing to do with your weapon being restored. 

On 7/29/2020 at 8:35 PM, iHyperlite said:

Also, why is armor unaffected by this bug?

I bet it's because armors only have 3 glow appearances that don't coruscate like flames or change depending on enchant, shots, and type of La Vie En Rose jewels you have. Plus, the armor glow stays the same no matter what grade you use, but weapon glow doesn't. A +25 R, R95 and R110 will be that flaming purple glow. But if you use a modify skin from a weapon below R, it changes to the old crappy glow. They probably got lazy and didn't code the low grades properly -- or didn't want to invest $$$ in it at all -- and that's causing problems now when they are ready to move forward.

I for one actually love the old glows, the fact the OE glows are different on A grade and S/S80 compared to R/R95/R99/R110 is quite nice

not everyone is a fan of the blue glow of a +21 R type weapon and by using an S/S80 weapon appearance it becomes a very nice deep dark red

long story short imho there's nothing wrong with the current visual effects when using a lower grade weapon appearance on R type weapons

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 6:08 PM, Get2ThePoint said:

I bet it's because armors only have 3 glow appearances that don't coruscate like flames or change depending on enchant, shots, and type of La Vie En Rose jewels you have. Plus, the armor glow stays the same no matter what grade you use, but weapon glow doesn't. A +25 R, R95 and R110 will be that flaming purple glow. But if you use a modify skin from a weapon below R, it changes to the old crappy glow. They probably got lazy and didn't code the low grades properly -- or didn't want to invest $$$ in it at all -- and that's causing problems now when they are ready to move forward.

That is not true. My +13 R99 Bloody Retri has the same pink/purple glow and it has the Imperial Stuff appearance. My Evis has Blessed R96 +12 Fista with Jade Claw S80 app... same +12 pink glow as her +13 Bloody Fists with no appearance.

actually it's true, the weapon will get the oe glow effect of the appearance item as if that is the one with the oe

my weapon is +21 R110 which has blue glow with any R/R95/R99 app, Golden Red if S80, Red if S grade and dull deep red if A grade - like I said the glow effects of +21 A/S/S80/R types (have this tested many times)

now if this is the reason there's an issue with weapon appearances I doubt that as we had it like that for many many years and only after the introduction of the fugly R110 weapons are we being told there's an issue..

Edited by Draecke
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Draecke said:

actually it's true, the weapon will get the oe glow effect of the appearance item as if that is the one with the oe

my weapon is +21 R110 which has blue glow with any R/R95/R99 app, Golden Red if S80, Red if S grade and dull deep red if A grade - like I said the glow effects of +21 A/S/S80/R types (have this tested many times)

now if this is the reason there's an issue with weapon appearances I doubt that as we had it like that for many many years and only after the introduction of the fugly R110 weapons are we being told there's an issue..

There aren't many people running around with +21 R110 weaps, Draecke.

well quite a few do exist (90% being bows, easily spotted in stronghold) but almost none like to hide that glow which I did with my favorite weapon app of S80 Jade Claw :)

but I have more weapons I like and it's nice to be able to switch it up a bit from time which isn't possible any more and it also locks me in the current weapon so until this issue gets resolved highly unlikely I will bother to try get an upgrade weapon as it won't have my fav app.

Edited by Draecke
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Draecke said:

well quite a few do exist (90% being bows, easily spotted in stronghold) but almost none like to hide that glow which I did with my favorite weapon app of S80 Jade Claw :)

but I have more weapons I like and it's nice to be able to switch it up a bit from time which isn't possible any more and it also locks me in the current weapon so until this issue gets resolved highly unlikely I will bother to try get an upgrade weapon as it won't have my fav app.

And not everyone has multiple OVER enchanted weapons at their disposal. I've got one weapon... a +13 Bloody Retri with 3 SAs snd 15% m.crit.dmg augment. That's all I can afford. I still have my S80 Jade Claw and want to put it on Sheylan's Fists... :(

• 8 months later...
On 8/20/2020 at 8:07 PM, Sharlanna said:

And not everyone has multiple OVER enchanted weapons at their disposal. I've got one weapon... a +13 Bloody Retri with 3 SAs snd 15% m.crit.dmg augment. That's all I can afford. I still have my S80 Jade Claw and want to put it on Sheylan's Fists... :(

If you're bragging how ordinary you are, I guess you have won me over. LOL.

• 5 months later...