Get2ThePoint

Token-Based Restoration, Weapon Modify & Red Libra

Get2ThePoint    71

@Juji @Hime

Color me curious. Is the real reason why no Red Libra and Weapon Modify scrolls were removed have to do with your ability to track restored weapons? Does applying weapon modification somehow "reset" the weapon? Same with Red Libra, does exchanging the weapon for a different one somehow reset the weapon's restoration history?

Discuss.

Juji    931
2 hours ago, Get2ThePoint said:

@Juji @Hime

Color me curious. Is the real reason why no Red Libra and Weapon Modify scrolls were removed have to do with your ability to track restored weapons? Does applying weapon modification somehow "reset" the weapon? Same with Red Libra, does exchanging the weapon for a different one somehow reset the weapon's restoration history?

Discuss.

The removal of the Weapon modify scrolls was scheduled way before the token restoration system was implemented. We cannot sell or distribute these weapon appearance items anymore on Live because of technical issues the main Dev team encountered with the appearance stones, enchant effects, and augmentations that cannot be easily resolved.

FYI, we track all weapons even if they have been reset or exchanged for a different weapon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

iHyperlite    0
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Juji said:

The removal of the Weapon modify scrolls was scheduled way before the token restoration system was implemented. We cannot sell or distribute these weapon appearance items anymore on Live because of technical issues the main Dev team encountered with the appearance stones, enchant effects, and augmentations that cannot be easily resolved.

FYI, we track all weapons even if they have been reset or exchanged for a different weapon. 

Can you expound on the technical issue at all? Did the weapons get bugged, reset? What happened to the augments? Are these technical issues in our build currently, or in a future build? 

The issue here is that, yes, the removal was a planned event on your end. However, you ninja removed the blessed weapon appearance stones from the l2store at the same time you announced they were planned to be removed in a future update.  We had no warning that the blessed weapon stone was going to be removed, or the emerald wep app stone.

We had to destroy our old Weps with the non blessed scroll left in game or be screwed. Then, the non blessed scrolls were removed on a later maintenance.

Can't you put these in for a 1 week promo?

Also, why is armor unaffected by this bug? When armor augmentation comes to us in an update, are we to believe that the blessed armor stones will dissapear suddenly too? 

The removal of the blessed wep app stone is the biggest stab to the heart you can do to the nastalgia aspect of this game for the old players still left playing.

There has to be a solution to bring these back for our region, even if temporarily.

Edited by iHyperlite

Janetonic    5
10 hours ago, Juji said:

And what happening if the restored weapon sold in AH? The new owner got a deteriorated weapon, which is not restorable anymore? How can be sure the buyer before he buy, this is a "good" or "bad" weapon?

Degus    91

The restoration policy should go.  99% of people using this knew what they were doing, I'm no angel.  But now it's slowing down real tickets and causing other issues we probably are being told for obvious reasons.  It wasn't meant to be a free attempt to over enchant your weapon w/ no fear of losing it, that's not what L2 was ever about.  Just assume every weapon in ah has already been restored.

Chymna    3
Posted (edited)

So the weapons which have been upgraded from R99 to R110 and have kept an old appearance had a bug to be enchant? Mine was broke and restored with a restoration ticket, I tryed 3 Destruction scrolls and all fail. My weapon has a bug? @Juji

Edited by Chymna

DerHammer    0

And the issue with not shown augments has something to do with appearance too?

My 15% crit.damage augment is not shown in the passive skill section, is it because of my butcher blade appearance? More important: Does it work at all? @Juji

Same with my bow (15% p.skill crit.damage and draconic bow appearance).

Get2ThePoint    71
On 7/30/2020 at 8:23 AM, Chymna said:

So the weapons which have been upgraded from R99 to R110 and have kept an old appearance had a bug to be enchant? Mine was broke and restored with a restoration ticket, I tryed 3 Destruction scrolls and all fail. My weapon has a bug? @Juji

No. You can enchant the weapon as normal. Your chance of success is the same. I know a guy that used 14 straight Gran Kain Enchant Weapon scrolls and they all failed. But he eventually made it to +19 and +21 using Gold Coupon. Fails have nothing to do with your weapon being restored. 

Get2ThePoint    71
On 7/29/2020 at 8:35 PM, iHyperlite said:

Also, why is armor unaffected by this bug?

I bet it's because armors only have 3 glow appearances that don't coruscate like flames or change depending on enchant, shots, and type of La Vie En Rose jewels you have. Plus, the armor glow stays the same no matter what grade you use, but weapon glow doesn't. A +25 R, R95 and R110 will be that flaming purple glow. But if you use a modify skin from a weapon below R, it changes to the old crappy glow. They probably got lazy and didn't code the low grades properly -- or didn't want to invest $$$ in it at all -- and that's causing problems now when they are ready to move forward.

FireWire    2

I for one actually love the old glows, the fact the OE glows are different on A grade and S/S80 compared to R/R95/R99/R110 is quite nice

not everyone is a fan of the blue glow of a +21 R type weapon and by using an S/S80 weapon appearance it becomes a very nice deep dark red

long story short imho there's nothing wrong with the current visual effects when using a lower grade weapon appearance on R type weapons

Get2ThePoint    71

I prefer the old flames, before purple was introduced at +10. I used to sit and watch those on my monitor and fall asleep. LOL!  The new ones do nothing for me. But R110 weapons are ugly, so it helps.