Shilen crystal restoration abuse

Shartu

NC soft and always his traditional blal blah blah blah "we understand your frustration etc etc", we know the music. These players didn't break the rules. NC soft didn't specify certain details, so why blame them. The players contribute to the smooth running of the game by being the first actors and testers. They report all the facts, the unsaid, the flaws and mistakes of the game. Where was the support of NC soft, when some had lost their items in the "pk chaotic" flaw, where is NC soft with the bots problems. . . and where are they now. We can make mistakes, but we admit them, learn from them and then find solutions.The bad faith and hypocrisy are here for sure.

Thanks !

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GroverCleveland said:

I've read this post, but can someone give me run down of what these stones do? Are they doing this, because you used to be able to get a 1 time restoration of an item if you blew it up OEing it?

Go here to see what the crystals and bonuses are: https://www.lineage2.com/news/shilens-soul-crystal

Shilen Soul Crystals are EXTREMELY hard to enchant. They cost billions and are rare now that there is no L2 store sales event. Some say 50% chance through +3, but when you start enchanting them the odds feel much worse than that. They fail at +1 quite often. From +4 to +5 enchant success drops to around 40%. At really high enchant levels you have a 1 in 10 chance of success. So if you see one that is higher than +5 you should automatically figure it was restored. 

1 minute ago, FatherFortuitous said:

Go here to see what the crystals and bonuses are: https://www.lineage2.com/news/shilens-soul-crystal

Shilen Soul Crystals are EXTREMELY hard to enchant. They cost billions and are rare now that there is no L2 store sales event. Some say 50% chance through +3, but when you start enchanting them the odds feel much worse than that. They fail at +1 quite often. From +4 to +5 enchant success drops to around 40%. At really high enchant levels you have a 1 in 10 chance of success. So if you see one that is higher than +5 you should automatically figure it was restored. 

thanks. those prices are dumb. Can't believe anyone actually bought them. 

7 hours ago, Chanix said:

NC soft and always his traditional blal blah blah blah "we understand your frustration etc etc", we know the music. These players didn't break the rules. NC soft didn't specify certain details, so why blame them. The players contribute to the smooth running of the game by being the first actors and testers. They report all the facts, the unsaid, the flaws and mistakes of the game. Where was the support of NC soft, when some had lost their items in the "pk chaotic" flaw, where is NC soft with the bots problems. . . and where are they now. We can make mistakes, but we admit them, learn from them and then find solutions.The bad faith and hypocrisy are here for sure.

Thanks !

The mail you get when you restore an item says the item restored is no longer eligible for restoration, so if someone was abusing loopholes to get multiple restorations for the very same item they were knowingly taking advantage of the system. There's nothing more to this than that.

Edited by iHybrid
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 11:44 PM, Juji said:

Please report to us if there is a player who has abused the token policy for the Shilen Soul Crystals via a support ticket, so we can investigate further. Thank you!

@Juji you have all that is necessary to at least check the extreme cases (highly enchanted dragon jewelry/ Shilen SAs 10 that would never be normally be made without this). At least do the minimum you can which is reviewing those cases, dont throw the ball to your customers to police your server.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iHybrid said:

@Juji you have all that is necessary to at least check the extreme cases (highly enchanted dragon jewelry/ Shilen SAs 10 that would never be normally be made without this). At least do the minimum you can which is reviewing those cases, dont throw the ball to your customers to police your server.

You know that no actions will be done against those people, or maybe they will only punish one side. If you ask why, just remember when there was the last update with the crafting packs were the patch notes said one thing and then it was another and one big name was bullying all the server because he become rich because of this. Or when the events are secret and one player always know when to buy and sell things at lower price just before event has to been discovered by everyone. This is not a casualty, and will be not a casualty of those abusing players will not be banned. It's not a casualty that all the shilen 10 were made by same clan, like the cloaks +20, casualty doesn't exist

Edited by ArtaX

So @Juji, @Hime and the rest of the "brilliant" GM team, what have you done about it? You need to give an explanation to the players and the community! If the GM's are not to be trusted let us know so we can start playing something else! Waiting for your answer.

You ask us for reports, then complete silence.

I hope you realize that this is a game breaking issue for alot of old and supporting players.

The items are really powerful and give an unfair advantage but the main issue is the deliberate abuse of game functions that made the high enchants possible.

This can not just pass without actions because it would be a huge misstake in the light of the future for this game.

On 19/08/2020 at 8:58 AM, iHybrid said:

This was on prev update now all past have been forgotten no need to take any actions for what have been done . Let’s look into present and future .

On 8/24/2020 at 9:04 AM, Uzume said:

what's a lil corruption here and there right ?

Rumor has it that the only reason why there is an official Restoration Policy now is because some elite players were getting special treatment and having items that they broke during enchant restored by GMs without anyone else knowing. Favoritism is Corruption's handmaiden.

To be even more precise, if you pass the same object from another account with a different IP address, you can restore it again, this is the flaw ! 

Some spend from 18 hours at 20 hours on the game, so it's normal that they find some flaws, test the game, play on the words and the blur of NC soft. 

Certain use more money than others, that's what often happens, for everything and everywhere, so be smarter !;)

Thanks !

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Chanix said:

To be even more precise, if you pass the same object from another account with a different IP address, you can restore it again, this is the flaw ! 

Some spend from 18 hours at 20 hours on the game, so it's normal that they find some flaws, test the game, play on the words and the blur of NC soft. 

Certain use more money than others, that's what often happens, for everything and everywhere, so be smarter !;)

Thanks !

The items are supposed to be marked and not elligible for restoration by you or anyone you pass/sell it too.  If that's not the case, you are right, there is a serious issue here.  I thought items were losing that restored mark when appearance changed for weapon lets say, or shilien crystal was removed and changed to another type, or weapon changed at red libra resetting those marks, hence the removal of appearance stones and delay of red libra.  That is totally game breaking and i don't think it could fairly re reversed.  My guess is NCSoft got overwhelmed with investigating and simply gave up. 

I repeat since my topic was to remove -_-:P

An item is supposed to be restored only once, but before listening to the others ppl and then enchanted, you must always ask before NC soft, to found out if your object is eligible or not !

Thanks ! 

• Thanks 1

I know perfectly well that is private, and i know that for you it's a matter of ethics. I allowed myself to post his topic with the answer that had been brought to him by the GM Kiro, because the post is still present on the forum, so if you follow your logic you should have deleted it as soon as he had posted it since 03 / 20, it's not recent ! 

The story is closed.

Thanks !

2 hours ago, EmperorLeto said:

Greetings Chanix,

Your post was removed because it showed contents that were not meant for the public eye. Interactions between players and moderators should never be discussed publicly. Thanks for your understanding.

-Leto

AND why NOT since this has  affected the game? Give us an explanation what have you done about this matter, this is something that is in the whole server's interest!

On 10/08/2020 at 11:44 PM, Juji said:

Please report to us if there is a player who has abused the token policy for the Shilen Soul Crystals via a support ticket, so we can investigate further. Thank you!

@Juji

I think , depend on all my deep expirience in big companies, you just dont have good Fraud Department.

So nobody will sit with calculator and find out, how much money exactly your company lost just on restoration policy in 3 weeks of main restoration actions - ppl anyway will want have high lvl of enchant of any items, so force them spend money in game, what is the problem? But not, your company just decided to gift items away . Extremly expencive items - and without any gamble box or whatever. Direct flight  gift.

So ok, that is just lose of your own  company money and i hope it will be not last such case . But in good companies in such cases Fraud and Security Departments will make long sleepless nights together to find out autors of such loses , reasons and amounts of lose and how to prevent loses in future. (and after will not sleep Legal department - but is other long and sad story)

Keep everything like it is now, you do all right and well.

PS:  0.5*0.5*0.5*0.45*0.45*0.4*0.4*0.35*0.17*0.07=0.0001686825   chance to get SA lvl10, but ok that on naia runs around over 7 of them. i want to believe in math.

PPS: restoration policy should be. we need it - could be any drama cases of wrong scrolls or children near PCs, etc. , but if something doesnt work properly - that something should not work till fix. and should not see productive  servers before test ones.

Edited by SilverFish

your math is incorrect, the probabilities are independent from each other, its a fact. what you wrote is probability to get level 10 when every previous enchantment is dependent on the next one.

yes its questionable how you can get level 10 in less than 2 years with this restoration policy, not so questionable to get level 9 though, level 10 is around 13 tries from 9 to 10.

Until level 9, well, its a pure luck, i made level 8 from 2 tries the first one broke on level 3 :) so what?

probably there was an abuse, i do not argue with that, but it is possible to get 10, and eventually everyone will get it, not so fast though.