Coupons: Stage 1 Dragon for Archers -- 4 Days Only???

BlackIce

@Hime @Juji

Am I reading this correctly?  Archers need 3 coupons, but you only get one coupon a day AND you only get the cube for 14 days. That means that archers will really only get a Stage 1 Dragon for 4 days only????

Something about that doesn't sound right.

Edited by BlackIce
  • Like 3

Hmm.. did you not read the entire event page??

Exchanging Dragon Weapon Coupons

Dragon Weapon Coupons from the Baskets can be exchanged at NPC Roa in any town for a Dragon Weapon (1-Day) of your choosing. Due to the game’s latency delay with melee attacks, melee attacker weapons can be exchanged with 1 coupon and bow/shooter weapons require 3 coupons.

• Like 1

The Cube of Gratitude

After the maintenance on August 5, visit the L2 Store and pick up a Cube of Gratitude for 0 NCoin (one per account). The Cube will reward a Basket of Gratitude. The Basket contains:

Vitality Maintaining Rune (2hr)

Dragon Weapon Coupon (which is only 1 coupon -- you need 3 for a bow/crossbow)

Freya's Ice Rose (Event) (x10)

Dandy's Home Run Balls (x2)

Emperor's Special Cocktails (x2)

The Cube of Gratitude can be opened once per day with the reset happening daily beginning at 6:30 a.m. server time. The Cube can be opened 14 times and on the 14th use, it will yield a Basket of Gratitude and Love. 

• Like 1

Totally wrong.  Not all archers were born Full item OP.  It has strong archer and archer with little damage.  Most were all penalized.  There is no point in spending ncoin on runes because I will use the thrower for 4 days at the event.

5 hours ago, TheHaggarDagger said:

Hmm.. did you not read the entire event page??

O yea melee atak can take 1 x day.Feoh are melee ? Retributer/Buster/caster  etc  and you read de patch. Nerfed yull everytime for 10 Overgear fuking archers in server.  My all chars exalted 106 jewels Grade S kill 2x faster to my yull 109  Set +10 weapon +12  jewels epic. Nice continue nerfing yull and i probably changed all gear to my boxes 106/107 they can kill in exalted mobd than my archer full cant kill. I love you Ncsoft

• Thanks 1

The most interesting thing about this event is that if I am an average yull like me, we will be able to fight to win a spot every 3 days, since all classes will have their dragon weapon every day except us, while so many yull really OP with the which they did the test they won't even ask for the weapon since they have better weapons

21 minutes ago, CiberLord said:

The most interesting thing about this event is that if I am an average yull like me, we will be able to fight to win a spot every 3 days, since all classes will have their dragon weapon every day except us, while so many yull really OP with the which they did the test they won't even ask for the weapon since they have better weapons

For whatever reason the Korean Developers have skewed this game in favor of archers (Rim anyone).  I don't think any reasonable person would disagree with this.  This event is an attempt to temporarily mitigate that.  

I suppose if I was an "average" Yul I might be a little salty.  However, I'll point out than an "average" Yul generally gains XP faster than any other class.  Having said that, it's not as if Archers aren't benefiting from this event.  You get the buff, you get the free Rose/Dandy/etc.

If you really want to have a Dragon Weap for the next 2 weeks play your dual.  If you're a Yul/Yul I guess you are screwed but I have no sympathy for you.

• Like 1

@Juji @Hime Please consider modifying the Dragon  bow/shooter requirement, if possible.

This is a good outcome, albeit temporary, for melee.

It's even better for mages.

But no question, every Yul that has average, even slightly above average gear is getting the short end of the stick. I see the reason behind it and the necessary cruelty in the design. Still, I think they went too far in requiring 3 coupons.

A Stage 1 Dragon thrower or shooter would help the lesser geared archer tremendously. Let me put that in perspective. I have a +30 Limited Krishna shooter with all the bells and whistles. The basic stats and bonuses (i.e., p.atk, +30% P. Skill Crit. Rate, +30% P. Skill Crit. Damage, etc.)  on a Stage 1 Dragon shooter is better than my weapon. Obviously I don't need the Stage 1 Dragon. The simple fact is archers need more than a top weapon to live their best life in this game. But a weapon like that makes a huge difference for the struggling Yuls out there.

If not one coupon a day, they should have charged no more than 2 coupons a day. That way half the time the lesser geared Yuls could XP and do some of the other things that they don't normally have a chance to do in game. Maybe next week you can help make that a possibility.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BlackIce said:

@Hime @Juji

Am I reading this correctly?  Archers need 3 coupons, but you only get one coupon a day AND you only get the cube for 14 days. That means that archers will really only get a Stage 1 Dragon for 4 days only????

Something about that doesn't sound right.

4.6 days ? and the mages (not melee with more damage than archers) will get 14 days.

5 hours ago, MalumInSe said:

How was he being obtuse? He was right. They screwed archers.

All he did was repost information that was already out there. Also, nobody said archers didn't get screwed.

I simply pointed out the reason and still got confusion from OP to the point they regurgitated obvious information... YES! 2+2 DOES EQUAL 4! Why? Well 1+1 = 2 and if 1+1 equals 2, and if counting 1, 4 times equals 4... Then omg it's so confusing 9_9

Do you even comprehend the usage of obtuse in that context?

So just to point it out again, OP asked "WHY?!" I pointed out exactly why and person totally disregards what is said and proceeds to post information, that anyone who took two minutes to look over event page already has. So what if archers only get bow 4 times? Were you guys arguing for fair treatment with melee lag bug? DEMANDING your share of the lag? No? Oh that's right... You were hunting just fine the whole time while melees have literally struggled for close to A YEAR NOW. Melee has a very slight benefit for a short time over your class, get over it.

So yes. He was indeed being obtuse.

And you're obtuse for not even seeing that...

3 hours ago, TheHaggarDagger said:

All he did was repost information that was already out there. Also, nobody said archers didn't get screwed.

I simply pointed out the reason and still got confusion from OP to the point they regurgitated obvious information... YES! 2+2 DOES EQUAL 4! Why? Well 1+1 = 2 and if 1+1 equals 2, and if counting 1, 4 times equals 4... Then omg it's so confusing 9_9

Do you even comprehend the usage of obtuse in that context?

So just to point it out again, OP asked "WHY?!" I pointed out exactly why and person totally disregards what is said and proceeds to post information, that anyone who took two minutes to look over event page already has. So what if archers only get bow 4 times? Were you guys arguing for fair treatment with melee lag bug? DEMANDING your share of the lag? No? Oh that's right... You were hunting just fine the whole time while melees have literally struggled for close to A YEAR NOW. Melee has a very slight benefit for a short time over your class, get over it.

So yes. He was indeed being obtuse.

And you're obtuse for not even seeing that...

You went a long way to say jack shit. Rhetoric is not your strong suit. 

2 hours ago, mixa said:

You better be thankful that there are bows at all, knowing how broken the archer class is and literally everyone and his dog plays archer...

No, they better be thankful that we continue to support this game financially at all through all of the many issues and unresolved problems that we still face. It's not like the Dragon Weapons, buffs and baskets fixed the melee issue. It's just the binky they gave crying melees. 14 days will be over soon enough.

And why do people act like archers don't have melee alts? They all do. They just go with the flow.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 7:32 PM, Rodah said:

For whatever reason the Korean Developers have skewed this game in favor of archers (Rim anyone).  I don't think any reasonable person would disagree with this.  This event is an attempt to temporarily mitigate that.  

I suppose if I was an "average" Yul I might be a little salty.  However, I'll point out than an "average" Yul generally gains XP faster than any other class.  Having said that, it's not as if Archers aren't benefiting from this event.  You get the buff, you get the free Rose/Dandy/etc.

If you really want to have a Dragon Weap for the next 2 weeks play your dual.  If you're a Yul/Yul I guess you are screwed but I have no sympathy for you.

I'm not a low geared archer and I have to pull every trick in the book to get B grade at 107 and I got highly plussed bloody bow with a clan belt level 2 so I am built for PvE.  I got lucky a few times and got a grade.  The only archers you talking about already have either blood weapons or dragon bows and insane capes etc.  I am talking a few trillion in gear that most will never see regardless of class.

I have 105 Evi alt in exalted gear that i let go on a macro and easily get B/C grade without me having to actively play and with its Dragon weapon its get A and Sgrade at 105.  I cannot hunt at SoS at 107 but maestros and evis in my clan are getting 150 trillion + xp a day doing it.... So please tell me where the archer advantage is right now?  Evi's and Maestro are leveling faster than anyone else right now.

4 hours ago, Slycutter said:

I'm not a low geared archer and I have to pull every trick in the book to get B grade at 107 and I got highly plussed bloody bow with a clan belt level 2 so I am built for PvE.  I got lucky a few times and got a grade.  The only archers you talking about already have either blood weapons or dragon bows and insane capes etc.  I am talking a few trillion in gear that most will never see regardless of class.

I have 105 Evi alt in exalted gear that i let go on a macro and easily get B/C grade without me having to actively play and with its Dragon weapon its get A and Sgrade at 105.  I cannot hunt at SoS at 107 but maestros and evis in my clan are getting 150 trillion + xp a day doing it.... So please tell me where the archer advantage is right now?  Evi's and Maestro are leveling faster than anyone else right now.

I don't know what your setup is beyond a decent belt and Bloody bow (r99, r110?).  Do you have any Skill CD rings?  Are you +15 Dex?  What Circlet, hair acc, gems, artifacts, talismans, skill enchants, forg skills, etc do you have? 

Also comparing Yuls to an Evis in a very specific situation is highly misleading.  Evis are the strongest single target class in game; no one disputes that.  Up to a certain point they probably are superior to a Yul as far as PvE goes but, even that can be argued.  I've never seen people shouting for an Evis for a Coal/BS/Beleth party; have you?

As far as swamp goes; great, an Evis/Maestro can single target there.  I'm glad they can.  Having said that; my CP is 6 people with only 2 DDs (archers) and in a small pit each member is getting 100t a session with JUST vit from cakes (200t/day).  Why; AOE.......

I think it's pretty much a given that archers scale way, WAY better than any other class in game.  Maybe at the lower end of the spectrum some classes can compete with them in some situations but as they advance they outpace everything. 

Rim isn't a good measuring stick for anyone, really. The mechanics of the instance work against everyone. I often sit there waiting for mobs to appear. 10, 15, 19, 24 seconds and nothing. And when the bonus mobs spawn is completely random. The other day it seemed like I killed 10 in a row without a Doppler or Void monster spawn.

Rim is a bumbling attempt at orchestrating balance, if I can use that word. Lesser geared players have to face mobs that must be tough enough to also challenge top geared players, But Rim also puts its finger on the scale against top geared players. Slow respawn times pretty much mean that no one is really scoring as much as they possibly can.

9 hours ago, Rodah said:

I don't know what your setup is beyond a decent belt and Bloody bow (r99, r110?).  Do you have any Skill CD rings?  Are you +15 Dex?  What Circlet, hair acc, gems, artifacts, talismans, skill enchants, forg skills, etc do you have? 

Also comparing Yuls to an Evis in a very specific situation is highly misleading.  Evis are the strongest single target class in game; no one disputes that.  Up to a certain point they probably are superior to a Yul as far as PvE goes but, even that can be argued.  I've never seen people shouting for an Evis for a Coal/BS/Beleth party; have you?

As far as swamp goes; great, an Evis/Maestro can single target there.  I'm glad they can.  Having said that; my CP is 6 people with only 2 DDs (archers) and in a small pit each member is getting 100t a session with JUST vit from cakes (200t/day).  Why; AOE.......

I think it's pretty much a given that archers scale way, WAY better than any other class in game.  Maybe at the lower end of the spectrum some classes can compete with them in some situations but as they advance they outpace everything. 

What I am saying yes archer's scale better but to level an archer its painful to get those "high" scale levels.  Yes no is asking for evi's in Coal BS Beleth but no one is asking for archers for 105 - 110 either you mention low end high aoe areas.  Its hard for archers to get through the 105 - 110 grind because single target high damage above their level is where the evis and maestros shine.  Yes once I get to 110 - 111 maybe get a decent jewel or two it changes but unfortunately my damage is skill based with huge damage reductions on that for level.