Tales Untold Content Update Discussion (Live)

Juji

2 hours ago, XXtrevasXX said:

It really gets difficult, I would like to know if the cloak of clans and the enchant of cloak will be sold in the clan shop?  The cloak Elmore and Aden have high values.  This only fuels fraudulent trade.  I don't know if I buy a motorcycle to enjoy or buy a cloak in the game.  Make more cloak events.  Sorry to say that.

I would pick the Motorcycle :D

On 11/8/2020 at 2:07 AM, iHyperlite said:

@Juji

Can I request our region to NOT get the reduction to isle of souls recharges? It's literally the only spot that nets good adena and good xp at the moment in the game.

Or you guys can sell a recharge reset store item, and let us stay in there 24/7 :P

what don;t you get friend? the only one place left to farm in the game is on the middle right of your screen usually. 

NCWest, how to chase away your customers. open the floodgates with free to play and then shut down every feature of the game besides the shop. Then when customers complain "it's not use you guys, it's our Korean overlords orders", "someone misstranslated oatch notes the last 24h before the update, no time to test". Meanwhile EU/RU are dirt cheap and no lag. no Kr overlords there 

Imo just delete all kinds of drops, pull everything in l2store, drop the prices to reasonable lvls. and let us have a month of fun before we move on.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:32 AM, Juji said:

Hello All,

Please use this thread for discussing the Tales Untold content update for the Live Server, which will be launching in Late Summer.

The Tales Untold Preliminary Patch Notes can be found here

Thank You!

@Juji @Hime

So you wanna decrease your payment check with 6 hours instant zones right? (storm primeval) well okay be sure you gonna lose a lot of money from that and with prestige runes and drop rate runes cuz if we go only 3 hours PI/Storm we get absolutely nothing if you do this update you gonna lose a lot of money and players.. wanna know why? simple you increase level cap to 125? when the maximum we got is 116 (naia) so another fail update i see... if you remove hours from instant zones for xp how we gonna get 125? and you dident give us a straight answer if we are 107/107 and we got all certifications.... we can get Berseker rage (27% patk) and P skill/m skill power at same time ? if you count all certifications and know maths we can get it tho... 7 certifications till 105 1 more or 2 maybe 8-9..Also we need an option to block hero chat like old days you remove that option not cool but i dont have any problem about heroes they are funny actually when they start qq for no reason :P... my point here is you missing skills to upgrade the server none is high lvl enought.. and there is no fun at all in game.. you wanna increase dual certifications when the highest in server is 116 you must be drunk or something..BTW after update please run a test server we dont want bugs or when we got no vp not receiving adenas or drops like previous update ok juji? Take that as a warning that you gonna lose a lot of money (passes,drop rates runes,and prestige runes)well about prestige runes not sure cuz gives skill cooldown but what the heck i will cancel mine after update have fun and peace :) ruin the game more 

Alchohealer OP ARCHER WITH OVER HIT CAN'T FARM SOI WITH ONE SHOT OVERHIT? How you op 1 button get 120? 125 farm field mobs this instance zone, 100-101 for 5 min in coal 101-105 with 1200% boost exp how? Yes 2hr to get it 106-108 in SOI with the same % you need 5-hrs if you can one shot mobs with over op hit.

6 hours ago, KissMyKnife said:

I just realize it, was no libra before update, so it means, we get libra in update :D

Libra isn't supported in your current build of the game. It is in the update. I'd assume la vie or red libra will be the next event after the update launch

On 8/12/2020 at 2:20 PM, BurnCycle said:

Not that many years, Aria stones are way older and they are being kept.

I did, sold around half of what i had. (Not easy to sell this kind of items when you can't always set up sell shops) Regarding using it i already augmented my jewels.

@Juji @Hime

Still looking for a reply from your side.

@Juji please advise as many people have still lots of those Rare Accessory Spirit Stone and to just bluntly delete them without any compensation is not ok :(

• L2 Team
9 minutes ago, FireWire said:

@Juji please advise as many people have still lots of those Rare Accessory Spirit Stone and to just bluntly delete them without any compensation is not ok :(

I am checking now as there are two versions of this Rare Accessory Spirit Stone and the only one that appears in the deletion list is the event version, which has not been used on our servers before.

Since Maestro and Eviscerator 30% dmg get reduced on 3+ level higher mobs and totally disabled on 6+ level higher mobs i request a similar change for Feoh and Archer.
When Feoh and Archer hit with any of their high damage skills (including lethals) a mob that is 3+ levels higher it should reduce the amount of damage to a lot less, if the mob is 6+ levels higher they shouldn't be able to do any damage with this.

Edited by Anything
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TiredDorf said:

How about Maestros and Evis 30% nerf? I main Maestro, lvl 109 already and our Spirit of Golem Skill was nerfed both in EU an KR lineage, but patch didnt mention these skills. Are these nerfs comming to NA?

Most likely yes, it is getting "nerfed." 

Within 3 levels of the target = no change

4-6 level difference = less than 30% (decreases as level disparity increases).

7 or more level difference = Will not work

On 8/8/2020 at 12:32 AM, Juji said:

Hello All,

Please use this thread for discussing the Tales Untold content update for the Live Server, which will be launching in Late Summer.

The Tales Untold Preliminary Patch Notes can be found here

Thank You!

Is this coming in the late summer or now? Is the Patch Notes preliminary or final?

Because @Hime posted in the page that will be release Wednesday.

https://www.lineage2.com/news/tales-untold-arrives-august-19

• Haha 1

The major problem with this update and many other previous updates is they are mandatory, and quite frankly NCSoft isn't nearly pushing themselves even nearly hard enough.  This update is free in parts because lets face it, its worth 0$ to most of us.  If they sold the updates as an additional purchase in the 20-50$ range, maybe they'd sell a few copies to nukers this time around, but most everyone else would say "No thanks, I like the previous version better".

I understand NCSoft Korea is using an agile approach where they're releasing incremental releases very frequently, and they bundle a bunch of these up as updates for the international version, but they are still severely lacking in vision, and that to me signals a very bad product owner/manager.  One who does not seem to understand the game enough to have a long term vision, so he's looking at a series of quick 1-2 week fixes.

Lets take a look at the features from a USER/PLAYER point of view:

• Hunting Zone Changes: Most of these are unnecessary and unwanted.
  • Augmentation System Renewal: Who decided to add an ingredient that no longer exists in the recipe???
  • Item Changes: New stats for R110 Sigil/Shield were much needed.
  • Skill Changes: Sigil/Shield changes are weird and don't really make sense.  New dualclass certifications are fine.  Changes to Tyrr confusion are good.
  • System Changes: Class ranking will be fun, bonuses not really worth it.
  • UI & Other Changes: Bunch of minor changes, some nice QoL improvements.

Undocumented changes: no mention of the 1/3 Maestro and Eviscerator skill, I'm hoping it means we won't be getting it (yet? ever?)

Maestros do not need a nerf vs yellow.  Sure, they can kill yellow mobs in 12-18 seconds with 1/3 kills and last attack, but they also kill white mobs and sometimes even green mobs at the same speed, because they lack the power that other classes do, so this was a good compromise.  The AoE classes can kill 20+ mobs in the time we kill one, so the balance is still very much in their favor even before this nerf.  Against pink / red mobs I would agree, but whatever was done for Last Attack I believe is a good benchmark of what should be done to the 1/3 skill.  On the flip side, the xp nerf is pretty severe, so you rarely see Maestros solo pink/red mobs anyway, other than on a dare.  I was able to kill mobs in DV at lv 107, but it just wasn't worth the trouble of hitting a mob for 2 minutes that would crit me for over half of my hp.

• Like 2

On 14/8/2020 at 7:02 PM, Juji said:

I am checking now as there are two versions of this Rare Accessory Spirit Stone and the only one that appears in the deletion list is the event version, which has not been used on our servers before.

seriously? then why do you even mention them on the patch notes on the first place? meaning i sold the wrong spirit stone ?

is this a paid job you do for ncwest, or volunteer / hobby / free time activity?

On 8/13/2020 at 8:50 AM, SasyPisos said:

Alchohealer OP ARCHER WITH OVER HIT CAN'T FARM SOI WITH ONE SHOT OVERHIT? How you op 1 button get 120? 125 farm field mobs this instance zone, 100-101 for 5 min in coal 101-105 with 1200% boost exp how? Yes 2hr to get it 106-108 in SOI with the same % you need 5-hrs if you can one shot mobs with over op hit.

you seem to be new in here you cant even quote the text i made haha :) mate you aint gonna teach me how to play and how to pay ncosft for free... i dont like paying for boosts game is free to play so levels must get a little bit easier to catch.. and dont forget to 1 shot mobs in storm/pi or whatever 1 hour instance zone it is you have to be well geared but since they downgrade their paychecks its fine for  me they lose more money now with 3 hours each instance zone :)

On 8/13/2020 at 8:50 AM, SasyPisos said:

and also did you read something on my text about 1 hit K.O? learn english before you come inside here cuz if you reread my text you would understand why i am so offensive right now :).. Before speaking in here try use google translator its a friendly advice :D

so... yet again we are speculating with the preliminary patch notes and once more we get official ones less that 24h before the update. Some things never change do they?

any bets on what they are gonna break-mess up during the update? google-translate Kr patch notes ftw

• L2 Team
On 8/16/2020 at 6:32 AM, TiredDorf said:

How about Maestros and Evis 30% nerf? I main Maestro, lvl 109 already and our Spirit of Golem Skill was nerfed both in EU an KR lineage, but patch didnt mention these skills. Are these nerfs comming to NA?

The preliminary patch notes did not have those changes in because they were not part of the original cutoff range of patches for Korea (our update is from 1/1 until 5/27). Another region specifically requested for these skill changes from the July 15th update in Korea to be added in early. They are in the final patch notes.