Tales Untold Content Update Discussion (Live)

Juji

On 17/08/2020 at 5:04 PM, Katastrophe said:

The major problem with this update and many other previous updates is they are mandatory, and quite frankly NCSoft isn't nearly pushing themselves even nearly hard enough.  This update is free in parts because lets face it, its worth 0$ to most of us.  If they sold the updates as an additional purchase in the 20-50$ range, maybe they'd sell a few copies to nukers this time around, but most everyone else would say "No thanks, I like the previous version better".

I understand NCSoft Korea is using an agile approach where they're releasing incremental releases very frequently, and they bundle a bunch of these up as updates for the international version, but they are still severely lacking in vision, and that to me signals a very bad product owner/manager.  One who does not seem to understand the game enough to have a long term vision, so he's looking at a series of quick 1-2 week fixes.

Lets take a look at the features from a USER/PLAYER point of view:

• Hunting Zone Changes: Most of these are unnecessary and unwanted.
  • Augmentation System Renewal: Who decided to add an ingredient that no longer exists in the recipe???
  • Item Changes: New stats for R110 Sigil/Shield were much needed.
  • Skill Changes: Sigil/Shield changes are weird and don't really make sense.  New dualclass certifications are fine.  Changes to Tyrr confusion are good.
  • System Changes: Class ranking will be fun, bonuses not really worth it.
  • UI & Other Changes: Bunch of minor changes, some nice QoL improvements.

Undocumented changes: no mention of the 1/3 Maestro and Eviscerator skill, I'm hoping it means we won't be getting it (yet? ever?)

Maestros do not need a nerf vs yellow.  Sure, they can kill yellow mobs in 12-18 seconds with 1/3 kills and last attack, but they also kill white mobs and sometimes even green mobs at the same speed, because they lack the power that other classes do, so this was a good compromise.  The AoE classes can kill 20+ mobs in the time we kill one, so the balance is still very much in their favor even before this nerf.  Against pink / red mobs I would agree, but whatever was done for Last Attack I believe is a good benchmark of what should be done to the 1/3 skill.  On the flip side, the xp nerf is pretty severe, so you rarely see Maestros solo pink/red mobs anyway, other than on a dare.  I was able to kill mobs in DV at lv 107, but it just wasn't worth the trouble of hitting a mob for 2 minutes that would crit me for over half of my hp.

@Juji @Hime

• Hunting Zone Changes: Most of these are unnecessary and unwanted. Why to decrease more the already decreased zones ... ????????
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 10:04 AM, Katastrophe said:

Are you referring to Energy of Destruction's?  If so, they are sold in every Grocery Store.  If anything, it's a good addition; a lot of us old timers have thousands of these just sitting around.  at least now they have a use.

On 8/14/2020 at 7:02 PM, Juji said:

I am checking now as there are two versions of this Rare Accessory Spirit Stone and the only one that appears in the deletion list is the event version, which has not been used on our servers before.

any news on this ?

I have a serious question do you have a discussion with the Korean developers before they force an update on you?

Your uping the level of most raid bosses and not adding gear to scale with those bosses and updating and adding mobs to most areas that almost no one hunts in.

You do realize not sure how is on Naia (probably similar) on Chornos there are only 73 players on the server that are 112 or higher meaning they will still be nerfed for the field bosses especial with the crit damage reduction on raid bosses (was that needed? I think a crit damage reduction in PvP would be better than on raid bosses) meaning 95% or better of the player base cannot do any raid bosses anymore.

Epic bosses you raised to level 125 on Chornos ther is only 1 player even within 9 levels of that and if you know anything you cannot fight those bosses unless they are white to the DDs with top end gear so you now removed all epic bosses from 100% of the player base for a long time.

Huge game gear adena level imbalance already exists so you make worse but not at least letting these raids be farmed to allow gear and adena to move around the economy.

You reduced the reuse of time zones which was good for making adena and xp and also for your company to make money selling extra passes (IE hurting your bottom line less passes purchased less real coins in your pockets)

Stuff like this does not make sense:

Renewed "Sea of Spores" to be a specialized field hunting zone for Lv. 116 parties.     Not for nothing there are NONE. Zero zlitch nada there is only 1 person that is 116.

Here is another:

Located monsters for parties in level 120s.  (Faurion temple)   Are you serious with this?  When you think that is happening?  Is there anyone even 120 on the Korean server yet?  Have you seen the xp charts for what kind of xp is needed just to get from 119 - 120?  Are you cutting the xp needed to level or is this just pie in the sky.

Most these areas you are "updating" are not used because no one can xp in them at the levels are they at currently because of gear and xp levels so you make it harder?

This may go down as the stupidest most worthless update since C4 that was ever introduced to L2.

Most of these changes do not help 95% of the community and some of these changes do not help 0% you read right 0 people on these servers.  R110 gear to fight level 125 Raid boss..... for r110 drops?  That is beyond stupid.  Here is a hint level of raid boss should not be upgraded till the drops from it can be upgraded.  R120 coming out soon or that is an IOU?

Thanks for nothing

Sly

• Like 6

On 8/17/2020 at 5:04 PM, Katastrophe said:

Undocumented changes: no mention of the 1/3 Maestro and Eviscerator skill, I'm hoping it means we won't be getting it (yet? ever?)

Maestros do not need a nerf vs yellow.  Sure, they can kill yellow mobs in 12-18 seconds with 1/3 kills and last attack, but they also kill white mobs and sometimes even green mobs at the same speed, because they lack the power that other classes do, so this was a good compromise.  The AoE classes can kill 20+ mobs in the time we kill one, so the balance is still very much in their favor even before this nerf.  Against pink / red mobs I would agree, but whatever was done for Last Attack I believe is a good benchmark of what should be done to the 1/3 skill.  On the flip side, the xp nerf is pretty severe, so you rarely see Maestros solo pink/red mobs anyway, other than on a dare.  I was able to kill mobs in DV at lv 107, but it just wasn't worth the trouble of hitting a mob for 2 minutes that would crit me for over half of my hp.

In fact its about Eviscerator...and probable Maestro is a colateral casualty :)
In previous patch Evi had a very confortable gameplay, even with exalted gear he was able to kill Castia 120 and get 4 h of full solo farm buffs. If that would continue, sooner or later half of server would reroll on Evi on low cost gear>>>>less money for the company :).

Why you think they keep rocketsky prices for yulls stuff :D ? They want us to play that class....coz to equip one is like buying a studio with seeview :x

just tested the new sigil/shield skills and effects on my tank and oh boi.
- can sue shield skills with sigil equipped instead of a shield
- for some reason sigil increases p.def
- as usual bad descriptions, ex. on the shield

Emergency maintenance when ? :D

5 hours ago, Slycutter said:

I have a serious question do you have a discussion with the Korean developers before they force an update on you?

Your uping the level of most raid bosses and not adding gear to scale with those bosses and updating and adding mobs to most areas that almost no one hunts in.

You do realize not sure how is on Naia (probably similar) on Chornos there are only 73 players on the server that are 112 or higher meaning they will still be nerfed for the field bosses especial with the crit damage reduction on raid bosses (was that needed? I think a crit damage reduction in PvP would be better than on raid bosses) meaning 95% or better of the player base cannot do any raid bosses anymore.

Epic bosses you raised to level 125 on Chornos ther is only 1 player even within 9 levels of that and if you know anything you cannot fight those bosses unless they are white to the DDs with top end gear so you now removed all epic bosses from 100% of the player base for a long time.

Huge game gear adena level imbalance already exists so you make worse but not at least letting these raids be farmed to allow gear and adena to move around the economy.

You reduced the reuse of time zones which was good for making adena and xp and also for your company to make money selling extra passes (IE hurting your bottom line less passes purchased less real coins in your pockets)

Stuff like this does not make sense:

Renewed "Sea of Spores" to be a specialized field hunting zone for Lv. 116 parties.     Not for nothing there are NONE. Zero zlitch nada there is only 1 person that is 116.

Here is another:

Located monsters for parties in level 120s.  (Faurion temple)   Are you serious with this?  When you think that is happening?  Is there anyone even 120 on the Korean server yet?  Have you seen the xp charts for what kind of xp is needed just to get from 119 - 120?  Are you cutting the xp needed to level or is this just pie in the sky.

Most these areas you are "updating" are not used because no one can xp in them at the levels are they at currently because of gear and xp levels so you make it harder?

This may go down as the stupidest most worthless update since C4 that was ever introduced to L2.

Most of these changes do not help 95% of the community and some of these changes do not help 0% you read right 0 people on these servers.  R110 gear to fight level 125 Raid boss..... for r110 drops?  That is beyond stupid.  Here is a hint level of raid boss should not be upgraded till the drops from it can be upgraded.  R120 coming out soon or that is an IOU?

Thanks for nothing

Sly

not to mention, now at 107 you get a damage penalty in all mobs in FOS. so back to 107 zones, since there are no 108 zones. every update makes this game worse. they either give absolutely no bleeps about their player base, or are just completely clueless.

• Like 2

NCWest is so in-tune with their players it;s uncanny isn't it? Like they know what is happening in their servers, like they read the forums, like they hear our thoughts!

Like a well oiled machine the mods here convey the community feedback to the appropriate janitors, who then negotiate what these servers need with our Korean overlords. And then we get a new promotion to gamble away our frustrations. 

Amazing job to all, well played, /golf clap

• Like 1

I remember a time when You actually looked forward to updates. I have been around since 2004 (yes took several extended breaks)  I remember c2..c3...all of the wonderful updates since. I even would take the day off work so I could update and login and see what types of new content was available. When did that change? I would say for the last few years each time an update is launched I login and see wth ncsoft has done to make my grind more difficult. I mean updates should improve the game...not make people quit...why do I cringe when I see updates now? It’s because they suck...complete trash...and is destroying this game if it’s not already destroyed. Grats to ncsoft...another wonderful update...

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 5:32 PM, Juji said:

Hello All,

Please use this thread for discussing the Tales Untold content update for the Live Server, which will be launching in Late Summer.

The Tales Untold Preliminary Patch Notes can be found here

Thank You!

Why post patch notes if you wont follow them or complete them properly? Epic Fail!

• Like 1

Aeore Guard Mastery passives dont apply to char when wearing sigil.

Sayha's Seer Guard Mastery passives dont apply to char when wearing sigil.

Sayha's Seer Eminent Blunt Weapon mastery passived dont apply when wearing blunt weapon.

Wynn's Superior Weapon Mastery passives dont aply to char when two handed blunt is equiped.

• Haha 1

this update is totally rubbish. 
the only positive thing is that you have the chance to give up on this game when you reach 103;
 because there will be nothing for you to do later and before you would give up on 105
Edited by player
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, player said:

this update is totally rubbish. 
the only positive thing is that you have the chance to give up on this game when you reach 103;
 because there will be nothing for you to do later and before you would give up on 105

105-108 in 1 of the 2 lvl 107 zones now...

Edited by cancerdancer1337
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cancerdancer1337 said:

105-108 in 1 of the 2 lvl 107 zones now...

unless i log in the entire party i will not be able to play in these areas.
 because there are hardly any parties on macth for this lvl range. 
I'm trying to find a party on time and I can't. definitely this game is dead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clobberstomp said:

Why post patch notes if you wont follow them or complete them properly? Epic Fail!

I am on the official server since the end of the return of the cloaks in the l2store and it is clear they have difficulty in making these notes, there is always a lack of information (I start to believe that this is intentional) or the information requires interpretation (I also believe that it is intentional) ...

Also for example in that last patch note it says that the drops were adjusted, ok, more or less?

What was the previous percentage and what is the current percentage?

A huge note but what should be in it is simply not there.

Fails, fails and fails, lets drops a event just to ppl stop whine about?

That is not right. Ofc imo with is equal as nothing right?..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lean said:

I am on the official server since the end of the return of the cloaks in the l2store and it is clear they have difficulty in making these notes, there is always a lack of information (I start to believe that this is intentional) or the information requires interpretation (I also believe that it is intentional) ...

Also for example in that last patch note it says that the drops were adjusted, ok, more or less?

What was the previous percentage and what is the current percentage?

A huge note but what should be in it is simply not there.

Fails, fails and fails, lets drops a event just to ppl stop whine about?

That is not right. Ofc imo with is equal as nothing right?..

Correct. This all just shows great disrespect for the players. They care very little for keeping us informed. Or care of our basic well being at this point. It’s disheartening really. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Khelida said:

just tested the new sigil/shield skills and effects on my tank and oh boi.
- can sue shield skills with sigil equipped instead of a shield
- for some reason sigil increases p.def
- as usual bad descriptions, ex. on the shield

Emergency maintenance when ? :D

Sigil has always been applied to base PDef whereas a Shield only "applies" during a shield defense.

Moving on......arguably the worst update ever?