Tales Untold Content Update Discussion (Live)

Juji

The groups of monsters for farm are spaced and more numerous for the average gear and high gear (we don't walk on each other anymore),

The herbs that allow to make more damages on the mobs especially for who don't put boosts, hoping they will stay in the game, i too would make a cup of tea with it9_9

The negative point IOS, low adena. 

Anyway what better to expect, Not so bad, but we can do better !

Thanks !

Many improvements and additions to lineage 2 that improve players playability, see update of Untold pach Notes.

But frankly the update is not so bad !

Still work :

§ L2 store products are still high.
§ high prices on naia, because less richs so the scarcity of items.

§ Exploitation of the flaws remains largely to be improved.

§ The transfers are arrested, and recovery is late.

§ Customers service needs to be improved.

I doubt you will test the whole game (very difficult), luckily the players reports are there to make your work easier,
 when the server is down, your team's interventions are fast and efficient enough,
 I still doubt you have a development server, with this one is more professional 
;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Use to have a test server that people would play on and find 75% of the bugs especially on new content that never might get to see on a live server.  Always allowed players to play with their toons builds so when they did buy NCCoins or use their adena it would be used more efficiently.  Not sure why they stopped that experiment I do not think anyone ever complained about the fun the test server was and allowed NCSoft to prevent bugs that were sometimes game breaking to go live.

9 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Use to have a test server that people would play on and find 75% of the bugs especially on new content that never might get to see on a live server.  Always allowed players to play with their toons builds so when they did buy NCCoins or use their adena it would be used more efficiently.  Not sure why they stopped that experiment I do not think anyone ever complained about the fun the test server was and allowed NCSoft to prevent bugs that were sometimes game breaking to go live.

The tests you are talking about are done before the launch of a game, or any other product, the products are tested and brought up to standards, before their launch in production or on the market, and for all products these are the classic procedures, usual and logical. I am talking about an internal development server = test server, designed to test the game, the updates, and saves. My doubt with lineage 2 concerns the updates (big updates), therefore the modifications which change a lot of things in the game, and which can impact others things, there were late restarts of the server, and NC soft puts a little twit saying "in 1 hour, 2 hours etc", it can happen a delay, it's not at 100%, but that means that it did not go well. Restarting classic updates ( every wednesday) on the other hand, are often early. These tests must be carried out beforehand and are necessary to anticipate this kind of inconvenience, in almost all businesses, if you don't test first, it can have serious consequences. They don't care so much, apparently, but here it's not dramatic,  it's for the principle,  it's the basis for being taken seriously.

I love this game !:x

Thanks !

Edited by Chanix

On 9/12/2020 at 12:18 AM, Chanix said:

The tests you are talking about are done before the launch of a game, or any other product, the products are tested and brought up to standards, before their launch in production or on the market, and for all products these are the classic procedures, usual and logical. I am talking about an internal development server = test server, designed to test the game, the updates, and saves. My doubt with lineage 2 concerns the updates (big updates), therefore the modifications which change a lot of things in the game, and which can impact others things, there were late restarts of the server, and NC soft puts a little twit saying "in 1 hour, 2 hours etc", it can happen a delay, it's not at 100%, but that means that it did not go well. Restarting classic updates ( every wednesday) on the other hand, are often early. These tests must be carried out beforehand and are necessary to anticipate this kind of inconvenience, in almost all businesses, if you don't test first, it can have serious consequences. They don't care so much, apparently, but here it's not dramatic,  it's for the principle,  it's the basis for being taken seriously.

I love this game !:x

Thanks !

He is talking about older times 10 years ago when we had a test server when we could log in and test/feel the new updates and share the info about bugs etc.
Now ... you know what you get now. Bon appetite!

• Haha 1

Ah ok, what you are talking about is an external beta test server, set up by NC soft while the game was online (live) to know player feedback, bugs and test changes, like a professional tester before launch of the game, but without remuneration so all the interest of NC soft, they surely stopped so that the players don't  anticipate their advantages.

That's all we do here .

Thanks !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually it was one of the best features of L2, people could explore content they may never get to on the live servers but also they would stress test some of the new features and we would find out what was broken and it would never make it live.  There was a lot of game breaking things on test server that never made to live because of this testing method and showed good will and people interacted in a friendly matter with NcSoft GMs, and testers.  Sometimes a GM would take on the appearance of a raid boss and attack a town where people would kill it and would explode with items all over the place for us to enchant blow up or use.    I never actually heard of anyone complain about the test server and there was some players who would only come back to game when test server was live lol

Edited by Slycutter
  • Like 1

• Hime unpinned this topic