Tales Untold Feedback Collection (Live)

Hime

• L2 Team

Hello Adventurers,

Yesterday, we launched the Tales Untold update. With the update, there were many changes to current systems and the addition of new systems.

We have been reading through feedback already shared and we would like to invite all to share their thoughts constructively on the update especially on these features:

1. Hunting Zones and Raid Bosses
  2. Augment System
  3. Item Changes
  4. Skill Changes
  5. Other Changes

Please let us know how your experience has been, what you like, what you don’t like, and you feel could be improved.

Thank you!

Insted lowering the already low adena plus xp, maybe just maybe they (devs) should rise or ppl will constantly leave the game unless all that is planned.

Another good option is, stop with expensive loot box mechanic, enable good itens in the l2store, mb some belts, talismans or even stage 1 weapons, that circlet and paulina bundle seens no use at all unless take money from the new guys.

Keep us informed with percentage drops when a patchnote goes out saying they balance stuff, we dnt knw if that was for more or less, but look all picture i will say things only get lower and difficult.

That ofc imo as a one month in the official server wich is equals a nothing right?

As some one say, mb a developer should create a lvl 1 character and lvl up until lvl 115 without spend any dollar and see how good is the currently moment the game are passing by.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

U are so funny, u totally destroyed the game for the 99,99% of the players population, and u are asking for a constructive opinion ... are u kidding us? theres not a single post or opinion in all the forums from no one, saying good job NCWEST; but that´s not new, all the last updates from long time are based on nerf´s, nerf on drops, nerf on adenas, nerf on anything that means the chance to be able to make game playable without investing real money on your ncstore; and now the new great idea u got is to nerfed the amount of mobs of many places ... really?????? i´m really curious who was the retard who had such a great idea ....

U had been never listening players constructively thoughts from long time ago ...

Theres a constructively thought anyway, just a couple left .... 1st all the DEV team quit your jobs and go away ... or 2nd I´LL QUIT THE GAME!!! won´t see u anymore NCWEST, GZZZ for totally destroy an, in old times, great game.

P.D. From an old player who had been playing since 2006 ... enough ty!

Edited by HarryelSuso
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hello Adventurers,

Yesterday, we launched the Tales Untold update. With the update, there were many changes to current systems and the addition of new systems.

We have been reading through feedback already shared and we would like to invite all to share their thoughts constructively on the update especially on these features:

2. Augment System
  3. Item Changes
  4. Skill Changes
  5. Other Changes

Please let us know how your experience has been, what you like, what you don’t like, and you feel could be improved.

Thank you!

First off, thanks for taking the time to make this thread.

Here are my thoughts;

1. Hunting Zones and Raid Bosses - This is the biggest problem with the update.  Leveling is now exponentially harder for 106-112 characters and EASIER for 113+.  This is completely the opposite of how it should be.  Monsters received an element defense boost which the overwhelming majority of players cannot compensate for so, mobs take longer to kill.  Two of the best BIG XP spots in game were also rendered useless for literally 99.5% of the server population.  I am referring to Swamp of Screams and Sea of Spores.  Additionally, while the number of monsters within most groups were increased, the total number of groups has decreased (ex. Fields of Silence).  This means less places for people to XP.  Because there is no workable party bonus people are forced to solo just to get decent XP and, this update reduced the number of places to do that.  

2. Augment System - Good Change; much more user friendly.

3. Item Changes - Meh, fine I suppose except, you failed to mention how some of the new stuff will be L2 Store exclusive.

4. Skill Changes - Decent

5. Other Changes - Nothing really stands out as great or terrible beyond the major issue I outlined earlier.

Thanks,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rodah said:

First off, thanks for taking the time to make this thread.

Here are my thoughts;

1. Hunting Zones and Raid Bosses - This is the biggest problem with the update.  Leveling is now exponentially harder for 106-112 characters and EASIER for 113+.  This is completely the opposite of how it should be.  Monsters received an element defense boost which the overwhelming majority of players cannot compensate for so, mobs take longer to kill.  Two of the best BIG XP spots in game were also rendered useless for literally 99.5% of the server population.  I am referring to Swamp of Screams and Sea of Spores.  Additionally, while the number of monsters within most groups were increased, the total number of groups has decreased (ex. Fields of Silence).  This means less places for people to XP.  Because there is no workable party bonus people are forced to solo just to get decent XP and, this update reduced the number of places to do that.  

2. Augment System - Good Change; much more user friendly.

3. Item Changes - Meh, fine I suppose except, you failed to mention how some of the new stuff will be L2 Store exclusive.

4. Skill Changes - Decent

5. Other Changes - Nothing really stands out as great or terrible beyond the major issue I outlined earlier.

Thanks,

I agree with everything here.  Not a big fan of the hunting zone changes, spots are alot harder now and I am hearing at 113+ they are easier...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Hime said:

Hello Adventurers,

2. Augment System
  3. Item Changes
  4. Skill Changes
  5. Other Changes

Thank you!

I have a serious question do you have a discussion with the Korean developers before they force an update on you?

Your uping the level of most raid bosses and not adding gear to scale with those bosses and updating and adding mobs to most areas that almost no one hunts in.

You do realize not sure how is on Naia (probably similar) on Chornos there are only 73 players on the server that are 112 or higher meaning they will still be nerfed for the field bosses especial with the crit damage reduction on raid bosses (was that needed? I think a crit damage reduction in PvP would be better than on raid bosses) meaning 95% or better of the player base cannot do any raid bosses anymore.

Epic bosses you raised to level 125 on Chornos ther is only 1 player even within 9 levels of that and if you know anything you cannot fight those bosses unless they are white to the DDs with top end gear so you now removed all epic bosses from 100% of the player base for a long time.

Huge game gear adena level imbalance already exists so you make worse but not at least letting these raids be farmed to allow gear and adena to move around the economy.

You reduced the reuse of time zones which was good for making adena and xp and also for your company to make money selling extra passes (IE hurting your bottom line less passes purchased less real coins in your pockets)

Stuff like this does not make sense:

Renewed "Sea of Spores" to be a specialized field hunting zone for Lv. 116 parties.     Not for nothing there are NONE. Zero zlitch nada there is only 1 person that is 116.

Here is another:

Located monsters for parties in level 120s.  (Faurion temple)   Are you serious with this?  When you think that is happening?  Is there anyone even 120 on the Korean server yet?  Have you seen the xp charts for what kind of xp is needed just to get from 119 - 120?  Are you cutting the xp needed to level or is this just pie in the sky.

Most these areas you are "updating" are not used because no one can xp in them at the levels are they at currently because of gear and xp levels so you make it harder?

This may go down as the stupidest most worthless update since C4 that was ever introduced to L2.

Most of these changes do not help 95% of the community and some of these changes do not help 0% you read right 0 people on these servers.  R110 gear to fight level 125 Raid boss..... for r110 drops?  That is beyond stupid.  Here is a hint level of raid boss should not be upgraded till the drops from it can be upgraded.  R120 coming out soon or that is an IOU?

Want to add those "clan quest" raids you added cannot be done by most clans on the server the low level is a 115 raid boss nevermind clan level 7 is not going to have a bunch of 112 dd's in it.  The top one is for clan level 13 which our server has 2? or 3? is level 125.... WHY?

The ninja changes of the elemental defense uped on mobs has made xp slower.  Lets do a comparison.  I was killing faster and made more xp in 24 hours in a 3 person party then I now need a 5 - 6 person party to kill at the same rate I was.

So here is the example was say making 30 trillion xp a day before XP/Dragon event.

Dragon/XP event I was making 70 - 80 trillion xp a day

Now making 10 - 15 trillion xp a day.

Numbers are not exact but the percentages are.   Do you not see an issue here?

One more question there is a lot of places on the L2 map that been abandoned zero mobs or mobs in the 20 - 85 not being killed anymore.  Why not touch the areas in place and revamped the ones no one goes near because there either no mobs or so low level they are useless.  Why don't we redo these areas instead of reinventing ones that exist.

While we talk about epics.  Why up the levels of the ones we have... Just bring back ones you retired IE Ant Queen, Core, Beleth etc.  They are still part of the lore and you have their base models just make them instance like the other epics and up their skill level.  Its a lot easier than making what we have harder.

Edited by Slycutter
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TimmyJohns said:

I agree with everything here.  Not a big fan of the hunting zone changes, spots are alot harder now and I am hearing at 113+ they are easier...

113+ are easier for 50 people that can hunt there?  So we had an update for 50 people or other 5 - 6k that cant hunt there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not that it will make any difference, but since you request input, I will provide. 

The update is geared to those 110+. -- All the changes benefit that group.

Meanwhile those of us under 110 have been penalized by removing 75% of all mobs in the key spots we exp. 

Having played this game for 10+ years, I am very disgusted with this company turning a blind eye to the complaints and suggestions from the players -- your customers.  Having worked in Customer Service for many years, you would all have been fired eons ago where I work.

Again, this is falling on deaf ears, but I have posted my comments as requested.

• Like 4

1. hunting zones and raid bosses.

lets be real, 90%+ of the server arent elite players. the spots where you can do damage and get any kind of exp is now cut in half. raid bosses? we have raid bosses? ive seen one raid boss in 2 years of play. the rich and powerful control those, and they drop the gear that most of the server needs. how to fix that you say? make every raid boss an instanced zone that everyone can enter (ip enforced?) after you get 105, theres trully nothing to do as far as exp or farming gear. one could only hope to save enough adena to buy one "event" gambling box and HOPE to get rich off of it. 

2. augmentation

havent played with since update because i dont wanna waste money on giants energy and destruction for very little in stats.

3. item changes

sigels and shield? yet again very little boost of stats. did i miss something in patch notes about other item changes? oh yea, seed bracelets... those are a cluster bleep one of the most complicated things my simple brain cant come to understand. i have a top grade and only have a top grade because i purchased about a 100 of the old bracelets before the last update... artifact books... yea ill pass thats the newest p2w item. ill give that another 2 years before i try to get one.

4. skill changes

stuff ill never notice, i guess its an improvement

5. other changes

i guess they are there ill probablly never notice.

overall this update is a F in my book. ill not renew my prestige on any of my toons or buy anything from ncstore. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Valcana said:

Not that it will make any difference, but since you request input, I will provide. 

The update is geared to those 110+. -- All the changes benefit that group.

Meanwhile those of us under 110 have been penalized by removing 75% of all mobs in the key spots we exp. 

Having played this game for 10+ years, I am very disgusted with this company turning a blind eye to the complaints and suggestions from the players -- your customers.  Having worked in Customer Service for many years, you would all have been fired eons ago where I work.

Again, this is falling on deaf ears, but I have posted my comments as requested.

I'm 110 and trust me, it's NOT geared towards me (us).  Change that to 113+ and I'll agree with you 100% on everything else you said :)

• Like 2

I was makin 45 tri a day before DW+2x XP event WITHOUT XP RUNE

250 tri a day When event was running + I bought a XP rune

Now i am making 20 tri a day WITH XP RUNE

I am lvl 109, mobs are harder to kill, adena was nerfed... 

I WONT BUY another XP Rune and i am canceling all my Prestige pack

-------------------------------------------------

An advice, dont make this game a mirror of KR servers, people here are not lvl 120, I was playing on Core and came back to NA because old friends were starting here

Things are way diferente there... Anyways, sad to see another Update nerfing so much our experince. I hate loving L2

• Like 2

after an xp event, and dragon weapon event, the server is set back from where they were before xp event...

Fix FoS,

Increase xp under 110

Look at your population?

remove the lower level useless zones like giants cave with mobs that are viable to farm, and give use useful zones to level. Not give more higher level mobs that only helps less than 100 people.

Fix your shop prices, just look at any other official server

Maybe give a bleep?

Fix melee lag

Pay attention to your population, seriously how do you keep dropping content that the bulk of the server cant even experience?

The largets problem here is your price point. you are dropping updates on us like we can keep up with the other official servers at 50x ncoin cost. Pricier items do not translate to more money, most people budget their spending on this game, and with nc prices now i wont buy anything but a D pack. which i personally wont be renewing until XP is fixed.

• Like 4

1. Worst thing about update. Korea have most of their players Lv.115, we have Lv.107~110 for the big majority of people. The updates AFTER this one is the good stuff, with a new instace zone (like IT, with mobs 108 in one side and 114 in the other) and Lv.111 group hunting zones. If "another region" can request lethal nerf upfront, why can't we get things for our level range too? Swamp of Screams from Lv.112 to Lv.116 is the most wrong decision of this patch. Last week my CP could not find a single spot, and now that all you have are free spots, it's not even worth our time. We have zones since 101 (Hellbound) until 109 (FoS, etc) full of people all day, is very hard to find a free spot in any of those locations while IoP and up (111+) there's just a couple of people hunting there.

2. Very nice change.

3. Nice little boost from shield/sigil.

4. Separate damage from CC dependencies was a really good thing. Nerf of lethal in Ertheia/Mastro was really desappointing. This was not something that we should got in this update, but in the next one.

5. Adena is a really issue in this game. As a new player with Exalted Gear there is no hope for you to gear up without spend tons of money or get super luck in one event. There is no progression besides leveling, not a single place where someone starting the game can go and farm adena/gear. Melee Lag soon will be walking and talking.

this update is for 1% of the population is for people that have 20k-30k$ characters and can exp in high lvl areas . instead of help lower lvls to reduce the gap of the lvls you try to push people to buy more boost to exp.the only good thing i have seen is that you can augment weapon/armor by clicking the stone instead of runnning to merchant to do that.You reduce the adena of the box from 3m to 1.2??? 2 people running to find spot to exp and cant find one FOS,FOW is empty all map is empty why that??? was so hard to put more mobs there??? so people can find easy spot to exp ???? you need 1200+ atck attribute to exp good do you thing that all can manage that ???? and all have DW???? or 21+ limited weapons i have the feeling that you misssed one update and you lunch this one .... This update is for people 113+ that spend too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$ 
you merge 30d paulina armor/weapon to a new pack of 500coins why???? we only took the 400 for the ring now we must pay more 100 ! if you wanted to make new pack that people will enjoy it why you dont make 500coins a pack with +6angel ring and +6 fallen ring ???
AND FINALY FIX ADENA DROP ALL TIME NERF ADENA from where people will farm adena to take gear ????

Edited by Solaris
  • Thanks 1

The update is for people higher levels, as many have said. This wouldn't be so bad, if prices to improve your toon weren't so high. The prices here are absolutely crazy compared to EU. Prices for events should be cut in half. That might help people get the gear they need to actually hunt mobs after this patch. 

35 minutes ago, frankznbeanz said:

1. hunting zones and raid bosses.

lets be real, 90%+ of the server arent elite players. the spots where you can do damage and get any kind of exp is now cut in half. raid bosses? we have raid bosses? ive seen one raid boss in 2 years of play. the rich and powerful control those, and they drop the gear that most of the server needs. how to fix that you say? make every raid boss an instanced zone that everyone can enter (ip enforced?) after you get 105, theres trully nothing to do as far as exp or farming gear. one could only hope to save enough adena to buy one "event" gambling box and HOPE to get rich off of it. 

2. augmentation

havent played with since update because i dont wanna waste money on giants energy and destruction for very little in stats.

3. item changes

sigels and shield? yet again very little boost of stats. did i miss something in patch notes about other item changes? oh yea, seed bracelets... those are a cluster bleep one of the most complicated things my simple brain cant come to understand. i have a top grade and only have a top grade because i purchased about a 100 of the old bracelets before the last update... artifact books... yea ill pass thats the newest p2w item. ill give that another 2 years before i try to get one.

4. skill changes

stuff ill never notice, i guess its an improvement

5. other changes

i guess they are there ill probablly never notice.

overall this update is a F in my book. ill not renew my prestige on any of my toons or buy anything from ncstore. 

Agree with this very little to improve your toon now if under 110+ and super elite geared. How are supposed to lvl up and have appropriate gear if that's all been removed for 99% pf the population.

Hunting Zones
Going to address these separately as i feel they should.
On login when i check my usual hunting ground i was pleased to notice there are more mobs, 12 now when there was 7 before and as far as i can see same or more groups now.
However i do not know the situation on lower hunting grounds since this is a level 115 hunting ground so i can't speak for those who are on the lower ones but i keep hearing it's bad for them.
Also pleased with the grouping of mobs in timed zones, makes life for melee/single target DD's a lot better and more pleasant.
Clustering of mobs and clear "spot" separation with enough distance to stop the "i must have 3 spots mentality" that is developing by some of the most geared players is a big + in my book too.

Raid Bosses
They been made harder and harder, for bigger groups, higher levels and basically only for the most geared now.
I remember it used to be fun to do raids like tauti in small groups or even solo and for me that was fun even if most of the time (1 year of farming) it didn't drop anything worth mentioning.
It is really hard to keep motivating myself let alone others to even keep going to these raids now, their drops for the number of people required are not very motivating either.
More stuff is being level locked, gear locked and it feels there is less and less to do in the game as a direct result making the game very boring!

Augment System
Good side: The way it works to directly do it without having to go to a npc is great, that you can go right over another augment is great too!
Bad side: augment removal used to be less expensive, it's now much more expensive and for weapon augments there are still the very same horrible augments which makes it an even more expensive thing to do.

Item Changes
More stuff to improve it's good overall, odds on improving are terrible however which i wouldn't mind if it did not mean going back to square 1 every fail.
Enchanting system still is a thorn in the eye with a fail meaning having to close the UI, open enchant again, put the wanted item in again and hope it wont fail immediately.
This could use the same treatment the augment system got with the UI allowing to "resume" which used to be like this.

Skill Changes
Obviously being able to hit very high level mobs with 30% skill was kinda broken for both eviscerator and maestro so i do understand the need to change that.
However it also took away some fun-time with that special ability because it was also enjoyable/fun to be able to go into your solo daily and do the castilla level 120 boss on the premise you have enough damage to finish it off before you die.
It's kinda like tauti small group or solo runs being taken away, yet another enjoyable activity with a reasonable realistic challenge factor gone.
As i see it personally there was nothing wrong with solo instances for example allowing it, there was no real harm in low toons fighting high level mobs because penalties to xp and slow kill speed already took care of that problem anyway.
The only issue probably was with pvp, having a low level character with the ability be able to absolutely destroy a high level person so if this was the main reason then personally i would like to see the change only apply to pvp.

Other Changes
With the reduction of places where people can try farm some adena while overall the cost to do anything (augment etc) is going up dramatically i feel we are heading to a unsustainable situation where overall game enjoyment really suffers.
People mostly only macro now, there are very few reasons to actually be in game or actively play and for those things that do require it the rewards are so low people aren't motivated to even come due to disappointing drops.
I feel we need more ways to get most of the stuff we need to progress within the game environment farmable in some way, even if it's locked behind high level to prevent it being botted to hell.

Things like the timed zones are the right direction, adena is there, the different scroll drops are there.
It's capped from 24x7 farm by allowing a certain amount of time only so it prevents the issue with botting mostly as well.

Personally my preference is having so many things to pick from that it's hard to choose which ones to pick first or do and having to prioritize certain things ahead of others as i align it with my personal goals.
Enough activities where each day of gameplay can look entirely different due to all the options which for example faction quests were kinda doing and filling as a function already.

YOU DON'T CARE.....

There is no 1 there that has a clue of the state of the game, support is sub'ed out, that's why we have shilian crystal problems, any real gm would of picked up on that.  Your ncstore is WAY too expensive, if things were half the price, twice the people would buy twice as much, market would be flooded, lower levels could afford gear, xp boost, passes, and wales will still buy till they get that top prize.  You ruined everywhere I hunt, completely, but worse, you ruined my cp's hunting ground.  So we can do crappy instances with crap xp and nerfed drops, lol, 1.2 mill, are you kidding me?  Have you looked in auction house?  You Might be able to buy a venir 4 in a few weeks  Didn't realize raid bosses were still a thing.  

OTHER CHANGE... this has been going on way too long, proving again that you just dont care....  Right now, I have a million fukkin letters in my inventory, that are gonna give me chit rewards that dont stack with the other event chit rewards, and now with augmented/non-tradable armor and what, 15 new artifacts I CANT CHANGE MY DAMN CLASS, I THINK I'M ACTUALLY STUCK!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

the real question is, why the update at all?  This is an expansion of upper level content with the majority of the server being too low to utilize it.

The quest to kill mobs is neverending, and you all destroyed XP spots.  This social distancing of group mobs helps keep melee anchored to a spot, but EVERY spot gives the same xp and it is poor.  The race for levels is halted, those that are 115 116 are leveling in spots others cannot and the gap is widening instead of growing smaller.  Pvp is completely unbalanced due to the majority of people not being anywhere close to the top, and are being 1 shot like elpies on talking island.

There must be a level cap at some point.  NCSoft must slow down the top xp gains and help the lower levels catch up.  There is very little incentive to pvp as the game was designed to do.  

all in all this "update' seems untimely and forced.  bring back more viable xp areas for lower levels.  seems too easy to correct.

• Like 1

its pretty easy, do your job.....

do we need to tell you how bad this update is? are you honestly that clueless? or just don't give a bleep about your paying customers? comcast has better customer service than this.

i say we flood korean forums, see what happens

Hunting zones have been a sore subject since before the update. I'm sure the dragon weapons are making this worse by bringing people with exalted gear in higher zones but still, even before those there wasn't enough space. Bonus points for making the mobs harder to kill. That's what everybody wanted, right? /s