Tales Untold Feedback Collection (Live)

Hime

As a low gear player (100bill) 109lvl i will tell you my thoughs.

1) For me we dont need better recharge for IOS because all top players and their bot stay here hole day and noone of us can not farm some adena (300kk per hour)

2) We need some further spots for farm because tanor/aligator is always full and the most of players that are 108-109 can not find a spot to farm

3) We need adena from pluderious because everyone could farm here

4) We need some cheap potions like vitality or something like that so everyone could farm faster

5) We need party bonus so healer tankers and iss can enjoy also the game

6) And ofc the old one exp/drop rate

• Like 1

@Juji If Korea is unable to address the current xp areas unbalance then at least give us the same XP per level requirements as we all know NCWest requires way more XP per level after 110 as that's just plain unfair after getting severally nerfed XP areas and still hold us to much higher xp level up requirements.

Thanks for your understanding and looking forward to a speedy solution to the current XP crisis for all players on all locations.

Maestro 109 here with 500+B equipped

Damage is low enough for this class, and now they nerfed the Spirit of Golem, was accepting low damage for the crafting speciality, but..... now you don't need a Maestro do do any crafting (if you need 1 crafter, just make lvl105 toon in 1-2 weeks )
There is no reason for this class to exist, just make whole server Yul+Feoh

It will take me a couple of month to reach lvl 110 with 24/7 afk macro

But what is the point of reaching 110? or above?

- farm adena? there is no more place to farm adena

- drops? all missing

- raidboss?  all missing also

- siege? i'm dead 2 or 3 times over from 1 hit from the big toon

- pvp? yeah , i can pvp among the lowbies, but then some cry baby will ask for big papa help, and i'm dead 2/3x times over from 1 hit

What is there to look forward in this game except afk macro 24/7?

Where is the FUN?

There is no fun anymore, guess what??

I'm logging off from this game, i'll get my fun from other games

• Like 6

Wow. Just wow.

Fierst time i see devs asking for help/advice over this game.... 

Wasnt going to wright anything beacause its just useless but after reeding all this posts i have to leave here my comment. 

Most of the players complaining now are the top players that are farming 10b++ per day. The new, ungeard are ussed to this crap xp/drops for years so the game hasnt changed for them. 

Most of the ideas just wont come in game and ill tell you why:

1- Ncsoft predator sales keeps bringing uber items that stack up and make some characters just SUPER OP. 

2-They will not improve xp base cause theres guys running 1200++xp boost. So increasing the base xp these guys will level up to fast. 

3-Adena/drop rate has to be super nerfed cause they run 200%drop rate and 300%adena drops making them able to farm billions. 

And if you think trully on this basses of the game you know what ever changes they bring in, it will not serve the majority neverless bring balance to a game that is broken for a long time. 

So after this, sadly, i think its time to just let it role over and die. 

Shut down the servers and in a few months launch something new, fresh, not doing these same mistakes, and others, so we all can have back the l2 experience that got lost. 

Great game, some updates better then otheres, but its time to move on. 

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This update does not help at all  players under 110 lvl. Are some areas almost empty like Field of Silence for example, where are only few groups of mobs .Check mobs agression in agro areas ,becouse 7-8 mobs from a group of 11  will just ignore you. You should start to think about your free players too,not only about donors.If your plan is just to remove all the free players ,there is no need for all this subtle effort ,you can just post it,so we won't waste any more time on this game. Are newcomers who are trying very hard to play this game ,but after lvl 107-108 they just quit.They are not able to farm with exalted items in areas lvl 107 and they get stuck on lvl's 103-105 areas .How do you expect a new player to gear himself ,if there is no adena drop in low lvl areas to farm,and all the free quests with some decent reword were removed ?

• Thanks 1

I think  you should offer more spots for exp on several hunting grounds . You should take care of  lower than 113 lvl players  hunting grounds so hard and drop so low adenas.... Only good change for that is IOS adenas drops which is good decent gears can make good adenas and  please let it be like that. Also bring back adena drops on plunderous and focus  please on xp boosts and ower boost price on ncstore we cant reach the high lvls on koreans! 

Ps i find it very good that first time gms asking our opinion !!

Edited by astalavista

109 archer and I am forced to hunt Sel Mahums which are 5-6 levels above me making hunting inefficient, because there aren't nearly enough hunting spots for my level. Everywhere I go all of the mobs are taken by other players. The only way you get a spot is after the system reset each week, if you're the first to log in and and IF someone doesn't PK you for your spot. That includes Zariche and Akamanah, which should be removed from game since they are only hoarded by rich players to keep making them richer. So much is out of whack with this game. Best of luck trying to fix it.

COMPLAINT: 109 archer and I am forced to hunt Sel Mahums which are 5-6 levels above me making hunting inefficient, because there aren't nearly enough hunting spots for my level. Everywhere I go all of the mobs are taken by other players. The only way you get a spot is after the system reset each week, if you're the first to log in and and IF someone doesn't PK you for your spot.

FIX: Mob XP needs to be boosted to help players get from level 105 to 113 faster. We also need a glut of mobs to hunt. Everywhere should be like walking into AC with piles of mobs on top of mobs. Reduce pull chance/range and aggro duration so that no one party can hog all of the mobs to themselves.

Also permanently remove Zariche and Akamanah from the game. They are only hoarded by rich players to keep making them richer. No low level who gets the demon swords can keep them for longer than a few seconds. That's how OP some of the elite players are. You allowed this. Fix it.

So much is out of whack with this game. Best of luck trying to improve everyone's gaming experience.

My sympathies in advance to everyone who quits due to the current horrible state of game. It used to be fun.:(

Edited by BlackIce

Thanks gms for asking our opinion, i think all people should come here and give their opinion  so with this way fix things and make game ever more  cool for players.

1st of all im tired of all these people make huge drama for everything and never being happy or at least say a nice word for the game they used to play for years. Sorry guys but noone forces you to play lineage2.

I would like to say that events giving  crazy good items for free like the rim kamaloka in the past were  great. So you should repeat them. 

As for the new update i would like to see boost a bit more hunting zones 108 to 112 on xp and adenas and drops. Im 109 yull and really finding hard to lvl up or make some adenas by farming.  Stronghold boost adenas was really a good  move cause  we can end up in 3 hours with adenas we never had the chance to have like 1b we couldnt make in the  past. As for many people complaining  about strong toons getting many adenas  now  they should think that these strong toons used to  farm in the whole map anyway in toi i heard they making like 2b per hour... so the Question is how  we  (lower lvls or not so strong people) can make even a few  adenas to upgrade our toons. We never before had the chance to make so much  adenas especially now that manynother places nerfed. 

About the  party bonuses you could add adenas boosts on party mode so  force people to play together and help supports too.

Thanks

It's pretty obvious, the majority of us don't have places to level. There are less mobs in certain areas now and the ones that are left are harder to kill. You continue to increase the level gap by catering to the few people that are 113+. So much of the map is never touched theres so many places to put 105-113 leveling areas. The rest of the update isn't great, but come on you have 80% of your population trying to level in 2 areas.

• Like 2

1. Hunting Zones and Raid Bosses
  2. Augment System
  3. Item Changes
  4. Skill Changes
  5. Other Changes

do i look like QA Tester?  do ur job dude, make a toon and try to progress in this current game with the current prices in the market, with the current lvling experience, where u only need to stack toon of vitality pots, and where u need tons of usd to make a decent gear from the ncstore.
what a lazy team.... HOW DARE YOU!!

Edited by 3ali
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Complains:

1. The last two updates were actually useless, on Naia for example you had/have 2 ppl LVL 115(now 116), 2-3 LVL 114, few 113. You opened areas that are for lvl 117/119. So let us know how would expect that players to level up? Where? You have not brought anything for players level 108-113, but only facilitating low-level chars and improving their gear with exalted, etc. Any plans for the development of the chars 112 and above? 

2. In-game events are absolutely useless, players gaining only potions, useless scrolls.

3. L2 Store events (prices went down - hahahahahaha)  but the success rate are under the sea level.

4. The server itself works like an 80years old lady, multiple disconnects, prolonged periods of not being able to create characters, accounts, while people had Rune 200% in their inventories (with other words wasting our money for your own malfunctions), getting @Juji to bless our lovely souls with GM buffs. 

5. Adena spammers - what in the seven hells you did about that? since months getting mails/spams even inside Krofin instance (lol). Shall we understand something about it? since they still continue to keep our mails alive?

6. Restoration policy created a massive imbalance on the server, people managing smartly to gain "impossible" items by abusing ++++ the policy.  

So @Jujitell us please what have you done about the things listed above?

Fix:

Filed of Silence area is empty, there are needed more groups of mobs as players have no place to farm.

Increase the EXP gained from monsters otherwise, you will get the next update and people's level will remain the same by then. 

Remove auto camera, holy smoke makes you vomit if you play 10 min with that ON.

Auto potion use does not work properly, sometimes does not even work. 

Cheers' 

• Like 4

This update is extremely disappointing. Making it tougher for lower level players to XP is a death sentence to an old game like L2. Lower lvl players need a path to become elite players if you want the server to grow and keep the game alive. As an investment banker in life, I ask you a question. What do you think happens to the value of a computer game company when all of its players quit and play something else? This update jeopardizes everyone and I'll briefly explain how:

Think about the top 1% of players (The Hero's, the 112+ characters, exc..) - Those players want to start clans, they may want PVP, They may want to do epic raids and olympiad. NONE of this can occur if the majority of the server (characters under 110) quit the game. Without the lower lvl players, there will be no new clans, epic raids and quests won't have enough people to complete, pvp will suffer. Do you see what I'm saying? If someone makes it to 115 and is fully geared but has no one to pvp against, no clan to create, no olympiad to win... Then he is going to quit. If you eliminate the lower lvl players, the top 1% will quit one by one and ultimately end the game.

I hope that whoever is in charge of decisions like this takes what I said into consideration. Feel free to direct message me if you want to discuss ideas on how to make the game better. I enjoy playing L2, but the choices that have been made were poor and the server, the players, and the future of L2 is now in Jeopardy. 

• Like 3

Adding new items in the store all the time is great for some but bad for the majority of people on the server. There is too much imbalance between strenght of players on the server. Not everyone can afford to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars every month to keep up with the richer players. So 99% of players has no chance to compete against the upper 1%. When you see 1 strong dd able to take out a full clan or alliance at a siege you have to see a problem here. That imbalance is killing the pvp side of the game.

Another issue is the low xp, i am level 112 with over 1 trillion in gear and if i solo 24/7 in a level 113 zone i make around .3% per day. And that is using prestige and destiny pack as well. I'm looking at about 1 year to hit level 113. And I'm ahead of 98 or 99% of all the other players. I can just imagine how tough it must be for all the lower players just to catch up in xp. And the cost associated to get geared properly just to be able to pve. As for pvp they dont even stand a chance and possibly never will unless they dump tens of thousand of dollars in a 16 yr old game.

The other problem with the new patch is.. where did all the hunting spots go? Adding more mobs per spots is great, for stronger players like myself and also weaker players as they can make a party in those spots since there would be sufficient mobs. But theybare scattered too far appart. For example: FOS has less than half the spots there used to be. I struggle to find a spot sometimes and its frustrating. The game has plenty of un-utilized areas that could get used. 

So many other issues, but i will leave it at that since these are most likely affecting every players.

• Like 2

Rather than discussing the finer details of this update, I think it’s better to talk about general principles and the direction we appear to be heading in.

Seems that NC West focus much on what the few percent of top players can do and use this as a guidance for restriction for the rest. To me this seems a very backward way to think.

For example, the apparent error with the adena drops in IOS has allowed a few of my friends to actually earn 100 mill in a day or something for the 1st time in God know how long. Yet it will probably be restricted because a small percentage are earning a few billions or more. The sad reality as well is that those few percent of properly paid thousands or played for many years to enjoy that luxury.

But is it even a luxury? For a top player to make 3 billion + a day and they want to save for a top items still going to take them a long time to accomplish this, just seems like a luxury because everything is so back to front.

While this is going on we have new or less wealthy players that are restricted to a point in which they lose all hope of reasonable growth of their character. In this update this is reflected in areas and levels which many long term players just cannot accomplish or ever hope to (as things stand) and it is therefore meaningless.

Often NC West appear like totalitarian parent or even enemy of your average player, when you should be our friends and entertainers. Events seem more set up to feed the addiction of gamblers rather than giving your players an opportunity to gear up / develop.

Seems your business model is based on having the few percent pay for most of the costs, yet while most players are not as wealthy they would be willing to spend more if they got more value or a decent chance to grow. Both the big and the small would contribute then because all would have hope.

We do need OP God like powered players too. A lot of this game is about drama and gossip and encourages atmosphere.

In a nutshell NC West help your players grow and stop being so tight fisted and in return you will get more back on many levels.

I think the truth of this is reflected in this update because it means nothing to most players because of the lack of support from NC to grow and develop. The most exciting part of the new update is the drops in IOS and that’s was unintended.

I think a good idea also would be to add things to store like fishing bait so that player consistently make adena rather than it being so random.

Do the right thing, befriend us again and keep the servers and game alive.

Edited by Uskglass
  • Like 4

On 8/21/2020 at 8:12 PM, CrazyMF80 said:

In this game, we have tycoons who sell items of 30b or more in large quantities and manage to have a dozen boxes 110 farming in stronghold and yet the problem for ncsoft seems to be 3kk of adena that is offered as prize in an instance that nobody below 110 can do solo.

Excellent comparison. One and the same person keeps farming billions of adena from a cursed sword? - not a problem. 3mil from a quest box for a regular player? - TOO REWARDING!

• Haha 2

iv quit this game 3 times i will not be coming back this time the update and xp cut in all hunting zones is trash i spend a fair amount but yet the players who spend 20k a year gets drops ncsoft i can care ab out you the way you care about are game play to so enjoy game will die like this oh ya cant even find a hunting spot

we need xp bonus in party and hunting zone to approach lv 110, otherwise we ggonna stack in lv 109 for one eternity,in spite of Sea of Spore and Swamp of Screams was a good zone to aproach lv 110 and now is 116 but what about other zones,  Stakako Nest, Monasteri, Valle of Saints,,,,, nowadays we need xp party bonus  to players prefer play with others ,,,, the problem is hunting zone to approach lv 110, we cant go as fast as Koreans players , NCSOFT East, North American know about that, we are not the same kind of players,............... im turning off all my rune XP and Prestige PAck  because of this Update Patch, now i cant lv up as fast as before, im not even 110 if this go on, thinking in quit . 

Good Lucky then,,,,,, GM if not hard if u put in our side as players(not suppliers ).

Easy solution -- More mobs, better XP (by 1000%) for what is now considered "low level", more adena (by 10000000%) so we can actually afford weapon/armor/accessory upgrades, and Red Libra so that I can change out of this crappy class that takes forever to kill anything now that all mobs have 5000 Attribute defense. Can you give me that at least?

XP is way too low now for 105 - 113. Even with Prestige Pack and 200% rune I barely see my XP bar move. I'm a long time player so I'm used to slow grind, but if you are already rolling out content for level 120+, how the hell do you expect any of us to get there in a reasonable amount of time if it literally takes weeks and months just to go from 108 to 109?

NcSoft , stop with your nerf updates, how the hell u think new players gonna gear up , when mobs aint drop adena at all :) increase adena rate in 101-105 hunting zones , if you dont care about new players just say that, no wasting any more time on this game :) u just care about donors who is 1 % ppl of this game :) stop this crap :)

Hello everyone in the dev team,

I don’t know if you realised what this update did to this game. Everything that you wrote in the patch notes is completely false, except the new augmentation system. 

The new hunting zones I believe they are bugged, or the game is completely destroyed. Places like fos/fom/fow were full of parties farming, now you can find 15 spots max. I was looking for players yesterday all day long but sadly I realised that even in Aden(naia) 70% of the shops were gone. That tells me that there is a ton of players that quit already.

You said that you lowered mobs mdef and change the adena drop upwards, something that’s completely false. Mobs are stronger and the adena is either the same or lowered except from iOS.
Plunderous plains is totally removed from the game something which made mid tier players stuck only with iOS/storm to farm adena. I know that it is in your interest people to buy coins in order to proceed but that is completely unbalanced. 

Please do something to recover this mess or soon you will have only to do with top tier spenders trying to find their way out from a dead server. Gm buffs is not an option to recover, please reverse some of the changes asap for all of us.

• Like 1

Like some people already said our problem is that we are getting update made for Korean servers with their needs and desires. But bigger problem is that every next update will be like that also and we will have even bigger problem since they have much better gear and need less xp per level so they are progressing faster than us. Unless @Juji and @Hime  make some drastic changes we are in big trouble in future.
We need better xp spots and better gear to catch up with Koreans and even Europeans who already have dragon weapon as average weapon there.
Also big problem is that our game changed from MMO to single player game in last few years and that need to be changed back so classes like iss, tank or healer can be needed and useful again
some of solution could be:

For XP:

XP formula should be changed in a way that players get same xp per mob in solo or pt status, its easy to accomplish it just by deleting part in xp formula where xp is divided by number of party members
Places like fields of silence are crippled since update , they lost 2/3 of hunting spots, this could be solved by adding more mobs to spots or adding more xp per mob and making them party xp zone so more people can farm there.
100-106 isn't bad atm since they can go in coal mines which is amazing place, 106-113 is bad, those places need to get xp boosts significantly if we want to stay even close to Korean servers, if not our future updates will get worse with each one

Adena:

Nerfing IOS isn't good but i would rather see increase in adena drops from regular 107+ xp spots, than insanely boosting spot where only 5-10% people on server can efficiently farm.
In my opinion its better to have 10 people getting 300kk adena per day than 1 guy getting 3b. If average player would get more adena they would be more motivated to buy prestige packs, at the moment people don't buy them since normal hunting spots adena drops are ridiculous.
Maybe people can't afford spending hundreds or thousands $ per month but i am sure 99% of people can afford 15$ for prestige if you motivate them to do so.

L2 Store:

Our store is overpriced, prices need to go down that is obvious to all. Lower prices does not mean less income, cheaper l2 store might attract more people to spend and those who already spend thousands will do it anyway.
Give better deals and you will earn more money for sure. We need those 7 days vitality maintaining runes in store on affordable prices

Other things that need changes are:
Hero shouts its irritating not being able to turn off hero voice. There are times when i go afk and return and all i can see in chat is walls of Hero shouts, petty arguing which shouldn't bother entire server

Overall this update is driving people off server, most of companies is trying to make play time more enjoyable and easier for players except ours, like they want us to quit game.

Edited by Zvr
  • Like 2