VMware not working, is this deliberate by NCSoft?

I have been out for almost 3 months, upon returning with latest update, I find corroborating evidence from another person who also find VMware not working anymore.  This maybe a deliberate attempt by the developers to curb the use but why?  Resources are already difficult virtually in game, why curb this use?   Else remove the 3 PC limitations. 

Edited by GhostintheShell

35 minutes ago, GhostintheShell said:

I have been out for almost 3 months, upon returning with latest update, I find corroborating evidence from another person who also find VMware not working anymore.  This maybe a deliberate attempt by the developers to curb the use but why?  Resources are already difficult virtually in game, why curb this use?   Else remove the 3 PC limitations. 

You dnt read the rules? The option to open more than 3 boxes is given to us officialy?

No?

Its ok to put seven boxes from itself when the game only allow you open 3?

So said that its CLEAR you and many others are using third part program to take advantage in the game and even speak freely as if i were doing nothing wrong, what a joke, i hope that the gm take of a glance at your account.

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/lineage-2/conduct-breaches-and-outcomes

-Using, developing, releasing, or promoting a "bot," cheat, or exploit program

GL

• Like 1

you're not supposed to by pass the 3 clients per PC Hardware, hope you realize ppl actually get banned for doing so when caught like many ppl got ban for using multiple windows users on 1 PC

@Juji best to make it very clear where NC Soft stands on VMware usage as there's no difference between that and the so called "multiple windows users on 1 PC" that got many friends of mine banned.

check l2c discord for whom to contact for a script that can tell you precisely who on NCWest is using VMware to bypass 3 client restriction

Edited by Draecke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Draecke said:

you're not supposed to by pass the 3 clients per PC Hardware, hope you realize ppl actually get banned for doing so when caught like many ppl got ban for using multiple windows users on 1 PC

@Juji best to make it very clear where NC Soft stands on VMware usage as there's no difference between that and the so called "multiple windows users on 1 PC" that got many friends of mine banned.

check l2c discord for whom to contact for a script that can tell you precisely who on NCWest is using VMware to bypass 3 client restriction

didnt knew that using a VM is considered as exploit :S

btw, hi spyro :D

anything that's not actual real extra hardware for logging in more then 3 clients is by default against the EULA, everyone knows this so lmao..

there's a long list of ppl I want NC to unban and apologize to if all of a sudden it's ok to use VMware

hiya lil dwarf ;)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Draecke said:

anything that's not actual real extra hardware for logging in more then 3 clients is by default against the EULA, everyone knows this so lmao..

there's a long list of ppl I want NC to unban and apologize to if all of a sudden it's ok to use VMware

hiya lil dwarf ;)

Exactly!

Ppl just dnt realize how that is harmerfull to ppl who follow the rules, those ppl install third part program to take advantage, one example is this event going on right now, even being a crap event, me and most ppl who follow the rules loading only 3 boxes and get some amount of itens and from another side ppl who dnt follow the rules using program to be able to load more boxes, as he even say on topic Spot taken he uses seven boxes, so 7x3 its more than the double of itens he gets against ppl who dnt use the program, and this is just the tip of the iceberg, its much more hamerfull if you start to think on aspect of find parties some times and another stuff to do on the server.

Some nights if eventualy my party get dead for many reasons and ppl is afk, is hard to find another on even being on clan, i may not even get any, and end up going solo some spot. while that, those dudes have a full personal party, and another thing maybe that's why now balok need two parties to do it.

Edited by Lean

Just now, Lean said:

Exactly!

Ppl just dnt realize how that is harmerfull to ppl who follow the rules, those ppl install third part program to take advante, one example is this event going on right now, even being a crap event, me and most ppl who follow the rules loading only 3 boxes and get some amount of itens and from another side ppl who dnt follow the rules using program to be able to load more boxes, as he even say on topic Spot taken he uses seven boxes, so 7x3 its more than the double of itens he gets against ppl who dnt use the program, and this is just the tip of the iceberg, its much more hamerfull if you start to think on aspect of find parties some times and another stuff to do on the server.

Some nights if eventualy my party get dead for many reasons and ppl is afk, is hard to find another on even being on clan, i may not even get any, and end up going solo some spot. while that, those dudes have a full personal party, and another thing maybe that's why now balok need two parties to do it.

Just have commun sense, if the game wont allow you to do it, and you need install something or edit something in game you are doing something wrong, period.

actually using VM should be promoted running 2/3 computers is affecting our climate change and create big CO2 pollution we destroying word with ncsoft hahaha meteor kill dinosaurs ncsoft humans -its why they should unlock multibox

Edited by 231964596
  • Haha 1

To be simple!

Maybe you need an F1 now ! ^_^

NC soft only knows the numbers of physical or / and  virtual  computers that connect to their servers with the same IP address.

Everything is regulated, as everywhere. The law obliges them to make a charter, a regulation, but in fact we know that the majority is very difficult to control, to enforce, and some are impossible, depending on the case, due to a  lack of resources, staff and time. NC soft's number one priority is to make the server work properly, so the customers spend, if things make them lose money, it s something else, so nothing exeptional, like all companies.

Thanks !

1 hour ago, Juji said:

We do not support the use of VMWare or related programs. If you are using it to bypass the client limit, then you are in violation of the EULA/ToS.

let me get this strait.... having 2 computers is ok?   but having a VM is not?  where is the logic in that lol. 

Also what if people are not using it to bypass the limit of clients, then its ok ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ishmila said:

let me get this strait.... having 2 computers is ok?   but having a VM is not?  where is the logic in that lol. 

Also what if people are not using it to bypass the limit of clients, then its ok ? 

Yes Its ok, the logical is:

Not every download third part programs do take advantage in game, if you have 10 computers congratulations to you, download or modify stuff to take advantage in game its against the rules as @Juji already say, so said that, if you want use its up to you, if latter something happen you will knw why.

2 hours ago, Juji said:

We do not support the use of VMWare or related programs. If you are using it to bypass the client limit, then you are in violation of the EULA/ToS.

Edited by Lean

2 hours ago, Juji said:

You might want to let support in on the secret because when I asked a few months ago they could/would not give me a definitive answer like the one you gave us here.

15 hours ago, Dargor said:

You might want to let support in on the secret because when I asked a few months ago they could/would not give me a definitive answer like the one you gave us here.

just have some common sense if the launcher only allows you to open 3 screens, but you download a program or modify the game to benefit from it and being able to load more than ppl who follow the rules, do you believe you are doing something right?

Cause on my point of view it is very clear that it is not.

Btw that is on eula, did you read anytime or just agree/accept?

Some ppl may not get caught but i do my part reporting, btw i already do a couple, some even are youtubers, they make it all clear, all that boxes on the same operation system, and the majority get *** using 3 boxes, like the way it was supose to be.

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/lineage-2

14 hours ago, Lean said:

just have some common sense if the launcher only allows you to open 3 screens, but you download a program or modify the game to benefit from it and being able to load more than ppl who follow the rules, do you believe you are doing something right?

Cause on my point of view it is very clear that it is not.

Btw that is on eula, did you read anytime or just agree/accept?

Some ppl may not get caught but i do my part reporting, btw i already do a couple, some even are youtubers, they make it all clear, all that boxes on the same operation system, and the majority get *** using 3 boxes, like the way it was supose to be.

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/lineage-2

I don't know nor do I care why you're so worked up about what I posted. Also, since you clearly haven't seen my support ticket which would have answered the questions you directed at me why don't you go right ahead and pester some other unsuspecting fellow?

8 hours ago, Juji said:

many thanks for clarifying this Juji, (not that it was needed).

What about the increase of clients per pc? 

Have you been able to get a firm response on that, which we will finally take for granded?

Thx!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ishmila said:

I also agree with that... VM or physical pc shouldn't make any diff.

Must find more raspberryPi now...

There must be some sort of "issue" having 30 clients from one ip that we are not allowed to question.

• Like 1

Well, you are missing not just last 3 months...or you suffer by memory loss :)

Last time when NcWest allow more then 3 screens, 5 to be more accurate, was a real mess on all servers, lag and freeze was huge. For that reason they revert those changes...
With or without VM or standard Windows 8 functions players should not be able to open more clients, just buy a shell pc and open there boxes you need.
Ofc, technology progress cant be ignored...even NcSoft cant do that. So they start take measures like no party bonus, huge amount adena needed to equip toons, etc.
For the moment did not work so well and they need to think/rework about other measures to take to solve this issue. Mby with this unreal engine upgrade...who knows.

Ps: SafeStash if you talk about limit login by IP then you are clueless regarding how internet work :).

On 8/25/2020 at 10:59 PM, Juji said:

this mean if you using them without bypass client limits its okay? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1