Returning player after 6 years

Kiroskalata

Hi guys,

I just got back into the game after a loooong pause. It seems it is a new game but never mind that. I really need some advice.

I have some stuffs in my WH but I don’t know how to use them. I’m refering to some “steel” gear. I got a Steel Angel Slayer and Steel Dynasty set. I would reall appreciate if someone would tell me how to “un-steel” them?

Second thing I would like to ask is what buffer should I make for a melee class? I’m really fond of dwarf spoilers, but I understand that’s not a thing anymore !!?! Why!?! In any case, I will change my dwarf into a Tyrr Titan or some Othell. 

Third - Adena farm? Lvl 99-100?

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated!

1.  Its junk pretty useless in today's game if its not the real stuff.  Steel or Sealed?  If its sealed just go to a blacksmith to unseal it but might not be worth it.

2.  Dwarf Spoiler exist and above 105 its useful but its class is now a dagger class.  Do not need to change anything.  Melee DD I would go with a ISS - Spectral Dancer or Iss Doomcryer.

3.  Adena Farm under 112 lol don't exist at the moment but keep hope alive we all are.

Edited by Slycutter

Most of the stuff in your WH is probably too dated to use. Sell what you can to NPC. (Not much can be sold there, unfortunately.)

If you started a new character you can do lowbie quests that give you more current Twilight equipment and an Apocalypse weapon for your class. It doesn't hurt to see if your old character is eligible to do the same quest. Go to Gludio and talk to Tarti. If she lets you do the quest, great. If not, you have to decide if you want to keep playing the old character.

If you left the game with a billion adena on your character, just go buy the equipment you need. But if you didn't, you either have to hop on the treadmill of purchasing Ncoins to buy L2 Store items to sell to other players, or hope that you find a really good clan who will help you at least get R grade equipment.

Adena drops are ridiculously low and NCSoft keeps finding ways to further nerf what few places there are that do drop half decent amounts.

Equipment mats and full drops are nonexistent.

There really is no point in spoiling, because crafting requires Ether, which is slow to acquire and untradeable, and it takes tons of it to craft anything.  

Don't mean to be the voice of doom and gloom, but 6 years ago was the Golden Era of L2. This is the Dark Age now. Winter has come.

• Thanks 1

Start a new character and follow the newbie quest line and you can be 105 in a few days and get the free paulina tw gear/weapon/jewls at lvl 40 and at lvl 100 do the exalted quests for free r99 gear/weapon/circlet/brooch jewls and some other free stuff. After 105 if you wanna go to better exp spots and stuff. Gotta put money into l2store and sell the items to upgrade ur gear. If you want the f2p way. Dont expect to get far sadly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, targetlocked said:

Start a new character and follow the newbie quest line and you can be 105 in a few days and get the free paulina tw gear/weapon/jewls at lvl 40 and at lvl 100 do the exalted quests for free r99 gear/weapon/circlet/brooch jewls and some other free stuff. After 105 if you wanna go to better exp spots and stuff. Gotta put money into l2store and sell the items to upgrade ur gear. If you want the f2p way. Dont expect to get far sadly. 

20200828-021444.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Did you have any subclass issues with your old char? I also logged in for the first time after a little over 6 years, and my Dwarf was a level 89 Wynn Spectral Master, which obviously is my old subclass on which I logged out 6 years ago. But I cannot switch class. The switch button is missing and it says I need to be level 105 ><

And I have no idea what will happen when I reach level 105. Will I just get my old main class back? Will I totally bug out my char because the game tried to let me choose a subclass although I already have one? Will I lose my Wynn and have to start the subclass all over? Scared to have the game ruin my char because of something went wrong in all the patches and server merges during these 6 years.

• 1 month later...

im kind of in the same boat as rangur.  my buff pet, a now 103 iss sws, has a lock icon next to the AP menu.  hoving over it tells me to go to joachim or raina in TI. neither let me MAKE a subclass to turn into a dual :( any help woudl be great!