Abuse of Game Mechanics

Slycutter

We were just having this discussion I am not going mention the person name but happened in Silent Valley today.  We had a red that was going through pking everyone who was afk.  When a few of us came back to our PCs we started killing he would jump in out of the safe zone port to pk who he could while having his iss behind the barrier going purple but we couldnt attack it or kill it because it was in a safe zone.  He would die and be rez by his iss and jump back into the safe until he healed his cp and his skills reloaded to go harass people again. 

The red was using the safe as a buffer to protect his iss and not allow full pvp with him even if we killed him he get 100% rez from a iss that was in a safe zone.  Ironically helping lose karma but no xp.  I and several others reported him with screenshots but I believe this is obvious mechanic game abuse because if he tried to do this at town he would have the guards attacking him too but there are no guards at these port ins.  Maybe we can put guards at these ports to attack reds so they cant hide in it like a safe zone if you want to let them use it like that their needs to be a penalty for being red.

1 hour ago, Slycutter said:

We were just having this discussion I am not going mention the person name but happened in Silent Valley today.  We had a red that was going through pking everyone who was afk.  When a few of us came back to our PCs we started killing he would jump in out of the safe zone port to pk who he could while having his iss behind the barrier going purple but we couldnt attack it or kill it because it was in a safe zone.  He would die and be rez by his iss and jump back into the safe until he healed his cp and his skills reloaded to go harass people again. 

The red was using the safe as a buffer to protect his iss and not allow full pvp with him even if we killed him he get 100% rez from a iss that was in a safe zone.  Ironically helping lose karma but no xp.  I and several others reported him with screenshots but I believe this is obvious mechanic game abuse because if he tried to do this at town he would have the guards attacking him too but there are no guards at these port ins.  Maybe we can put guards at these ports to attack reds so they cant hide in it like a safe zone if you want to let them use it like that their needs to be a penalty for being red.

If you die red, you lose XP and it cannot be restored in any way.Even though the Iss rez is 100%, he gets 0% back, so losing full on XP.

It's another story if he cares at all, but there is nothing to be done if he stays in the safe zone, that's been used by MANY since those zones exists, including such pretending to be "top pvpers".Just kill him as much as you can and move on.

56 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

Yea wasn't him moving in and out of safe zone it was he was using a buffer to heal him and etc who was staying in the safe zone making him that much harder to kill.  If enough people ganged up sure but got quite annoying.

Annoying indeed, but it is what it is, don't expect anything done by NC support, its just a game mechanic that is .... stupid rly.

Would make a good statement to the player base *hint *cough* NCSoft *cough* hint* if a stupid game mechanic is being abused and person was warned and continued to do anyway because they do not think you will ban them even though they know that is not why that mechanic exist.

The easy fix is to either make it impossible for a red to rez, not even self rez buff from item would work. The other thing they can do is reduce the range of rez skill to under 400.

Also curious, I know the skill rarely lands in PVP, but did you try to Flash him, especially while he was near his ISS? That skill usually makes all enemies retreat. It's like Fear for archers. If it landed, it would make Red run too far away to be rezzed. It might also force the ISS to start running uncontrollably outside of safe zone if he's close enough. Then just have your alts Gravity Exile him until he logs off.

This reminds me of old school Dion gate pvp. This kind of pvp/pk has been going since the beginning. I dont condone what guy is doing. But is this what this game has come to? Reporting people for every little thing that is unfair?? 

Slycutter you have been playing this just as long as I have. I remember you from old devianne days. Didnt think you were the emo/reporting type person. I dont play the same toon as I did on devianne days but come on man. 

Pvp is all but dead in this game due to p2w. Gate pvp has been around forever. Kill em as much as u can. Move far enough from safe zone to make him come farther out and the iss heals wont matter. Have to adapt and over come these type of players. 

Edited by targetlocked

I didn't report him until he abuse the ISS issue is what im saying.  If he was flagging playing gate games thats part of the game but he was blood red hiding and just abusing a system that was changed to prevent people from dying in port lag.

I killed him 2 times he would go back to port in i guess he drop a teleport flag there?  No clue.  Just got tiresome he kept pking anyone who wouldn't attack back in SV he wasnt a very good evi or anything just a nuisance and hard enough I lost my spot when i was killing him so that really aggravated me.

The main problem is most likely the char is 105 and won't further delevel given the level of that area.
No matter how often you even manage to kill it if you do, it wont matter at all other then the time it take for them to run back.
It won't be a big setback since porting back there is nearly instant since you can use the normal teleport function in the game even when red, won't even need a my teleport.

All that you can do is make it more of a nuisance to come for you rather then having someone else bite the bullet.
Additionally you can hide a rezzer be it any class with brez scroll an iss or healer by logging it off on the spot you xp at and rez yourself as soon he or she disappears from the screen.

Playing AFK means you have the risk (and accepted the risk) someone is most likely going to pop you at some point, be it as perma red who general kill everyone or a player that wants to take over the spot.

I just hope abuse like what you described with abusing the port in spot is going to be addressed directly rather by making it impossible to be used like that rather then them taking the easy road out and castrating another fun class to play or removing those spots.