name conflict and support team @conguero please read

Friyan

the lasts days after merge freya-to-naia I logged in one of my accounts and noticed 2 of my character's name was taken. I sent a ticket to ncsoft support team and they said can't restore my name because they are held by an active account. 

hours later a friend logged in and told me he hold the name of one of my characters in his account. the character was made 3 weeks ago and he never logged in and he was playing on chronos server. so he never logged-in in naia server. Thanks god I could restore that character's name but the other character was unable to restore. 

in the support team email they answer me and my friends the same thing "they can't restore the name because the name is hold in active account" but in official forum and web site the information is other. 

in the web site says clear: 

• Name disputes can be appealed by contacting support in cases of name sniping by inactive characters. In general name disputes will be addressed by a combination of factors such as creation date, play time, and level.

never said about active accounts, its say clear active characters, creation date, play time and level. 

support team doesn't want to restore the characters name saying those character are held by active account, and its doesn't have sence with the information provided on the web site and forums. anyone in freya server could make characters level 1 just for perjudice another players. and I dont think a character level 1 have more relevance than other main character lvl 99+

in resume, they are only tanking in consideration the character's name held in active account, not considering the inactive characters, creation date, play time and level. 

Same answer for me, they cant help me to get my name cuz the account is active", they never even say the character is actually playing, if the character is older than mine, or if its high level, it could perfectly be a lvl 1 character holding my name in ann account with active characters, or even with active characters in Chronos and just a lv l 1 char in Naia with the name... and the account will still being "active". That's was not what they officially posted, is not fair to come and change the "name conflict rules" now.

All 3 of my high level characters had "name taken".

I regret the new nickname I gave to one of them. Should I contact support for a free name change?

Meanwhile private servers had npcs where you could change name instantly 10+ years ago.

We should get a similar service for free (with a month duration) after every merge.

I created several characters in Naia before the migration to check if my names were available.

After migration I started logging characters from my accounts and all my names were taken.

I sent a ticket to recover one of the names and I got the same answer saying the name is being used in an active account.

I started checking the account were I created several characters and I saw my name on a character lvl1, I forgot that I did that before the migration. So no character lvl, age or game time was considered before that reply.

im sure is the same reply that recive all. its suposed the support team is there to "support" players. not to send "copy paste" mails. if they are not taking relevance on the age, game time, etc. of the characters, why in the web site tell us to contact them?

anyway, I still have the mails in my inbox. the support team keep telling me the names is held by an active player. but the character is level 1 and was made 3 weeks ago. I made my character in magmeld when that server start up. now I have to change the name cuz there's a character level 1 made 1 week ago? 

I think need a better answer than: well another guy have same name so cant release that name, ty for participate.

Maybe need details about that name like year from creation and hes really active? not a pet lvl 1 with same name but with a few conections or if hes 85 but im 10x why  cant release the name?

33 minutes ago, Aaliyah said:

@Avaricia

Apparently you created them on different accounts. If you had made them on your main accounts and had max chars, these new accounts would have been deleted.

if the character was deleted in the merge, the name is free again. 

6 minutes ago, MoneyMaker said:

I think need a better answer than: well another guy have same name so cant release that name, ty for participate.

Maybe need details about that name like year from creation and hes really active? not a pet lvl 1 with same name but with a few conections or if hes 85 but im 10x why  cant release the name?

exactly. this "merge" was absolutly againts our will... the nc soft team never asked us or at least made a poll to player chose what they want. players in freya was absolutly in disadvantage on this merge. now we cant get back our names because someone malicious in freya made a character lvl 1 in naia with the same name than us, lvl 1, 3 weeks ago. our efforts and the affection for our characters we had for almost 8 years (and some players more), are in the trash.... for a character lvl 1... sure.... ¬¬

4 hours ago, jimakos said:

Gm Sylvia gave me my Freya name back from an Naia inactive account.

No problem for me.

that's exactly what im saying, they gave u back ur name cuz the "account" is inactive.
they still telling me they wont do it because the account is active, even if the character is lvl 1 they dont do it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2018 at 10:28 AM, jimakos said:

In that case i think you have right.

Maybe you can send pm or email to that player and ask him kindly to delete this 1 lvl character.

I did. but that character is not active. maybe the owner of that account is playing on chronos. but the account is active and those character are unactive, as say in the guide. but they dont want to do anything. I had no answer here in forums too. I feel so bad about lineage 2 support staff. because Aion and blade and soul support in nc soft NA has always given a good service. 

Archived