Red Libra Summarized for Newbs (Like Me)

TimmyJohns

Being as I have only played for two and a half months now, I always heard about red libra but never really knew what it was other than "the ability to change your class".  I created a video covering the patch notes from the last red libra so hopefully it can be helpful for any new players that are trying to make decisions about what they want to do with there characters for the upcoming red libra on September 2nd: https://youtu.be/hRGJCHWnmfE

If I missed out on anything please feel free to comment as I have not participated in a red libra yet.

You have a red bow top armor top talisman anakim talisman Elmore cloak and level 109 and been playing 2 1/2 months?

I been playing 16 years and don't have that gear well I guess we know has a Platinum Visa don't we.

You missed grinding delete your toon and delete your CC info and try it like true new player.  Red Libra is made for players whose game has changed since they created your toon so don't really apply to people that can just buy their way to the top.  Love the skill bars too lol

Edited by Slycutter
  • Thanks 1

I don't get it, why is everyone gear-shaming this guy? He doesn't even have top gear.

Or put another way, if you think a +14 Limited Bow, +10 PVP R110 Leather, a +10 Elmore cloak, run of the mill accessories that include 30 day Valakas and Lindvior, a PVE belt,  a regular +5 Dragon shirt and regular level 3-4 La Vie En Rose jewels is top gear, then you need to get out more.

Just look at his p. atk. With Yul buffs it's only 59K. I know a Yul who has twice that amount with the same Yul buffs, same level 109. This guy has much more improvements to make. So do you, if you don't have half the equipment that he has. 

People need to be more supportive in this game. Maybe he did buy L2store stuff and sell it to players to get quick adena, but maybe he didn't. It's wrong to assume either way.

Yea, I don't get why ppl getting on you about gear. Glad you are enjoying the game as a new player. As someone else said, your gear is currently mid-high. Alot of small things to upgrade.

The main thing about libra is we can swap our class (main to a different type of that archetype, ex Othel to Othel, but not Othel to Yul). You keep same lvl and enchant skills, unsure about forgotten skills but I assume those stay too. 

On dual, you can swap to any other class type pending your race allows it and keep your same level. For example, my dual is a 105 tyrr dread, I will be able to swap it to a Yul for 500kk (old price) and it will stay 105 instead of resetting to 85 like normal. 1st lvl of skills will be learned but if you need sp, you need to grind.

Libra also allows you to swap weapon types. Example, I have +13 limited kristna dual daggers with top aug of 20% skill crit dmg. I will swap my daggers to a bow during libra to xp my dual, then swap them back to daggers before the end.

If you are a feoh, HEWR only go to 7. During libra, u can swap wep to a fighter, Hewr to 12, and swap back to a mage wep.

Libra so has some random quests, other exchange options for stuff, and usually nice ways to upgrade stuff. 

It is typically one of the most enjoyed events by the community and needed for anyone who is trying to reroll or upgrade their char. 

Edited by iHyperlite
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mystikal said:

I don't get it, why is everyone gear-shaming this guy? He doesn't even have top gear.

Or put another way, if you think a +14 Limited Bow, +10 PVP R110 Leather, a +10 Elmore cloak, run of the mill accessories that include 30 day Valakas and Lindvior, a PVE belt,  a regular +5 Dragon shirt and regular level 3-4 La Vie En Rose jewels is top gear, then you need to get out more.

Just look at his p. atk. With Yul buffs it's only 59K. I know a Yul who has twice that amount with the same Yul buffs, same level 109. This guy has much more improvements to make. So do you, if you don't have half the equipment that he has. 

People need to be more supportive in this game. Maybe he did buy L2store stuff and sell it to players to get quick adena, but maybe he didn't. It's wrong to assume either way.

Its not about gear shaming its about him buying adena for cash to buy gear.  There is no way he "farmed" that much adena being completely new to game within 2 1/2 months.

So lets run down the "low end equipment"

+14 Limited bow ~ 150 billion adena

+R110 Leather PvP ~ 110 billion adena

+10 Elmore Cloak ~ 115 billion adena

30 Day Jewels (maybe no) - 2000 NCCoins a month

Anakim agathion is 750 Hero coins you figure out the cost on that

Insanity talisman ~ 20 billion

So can he do a video on how he accumlated over 400+ billion adena just starting in 2 1/2 months because he maybe able to solve everyone on the server issues with no adena dropping.  As a test i did it on my dominator with just farming adena quests drops (ha) etc and he has only made 1 billion adena since May so please let us know the secret in how to make 400+ billion adena from thin air with no gear and only playing 2 1/2 months.

36 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

Its not about gear shaming its about him buying adena for cash to buy gear.  There is no way he "farmed" that much adena being completely new to game within 2 1/2 months.

So can he do a video on how he accumlated over 400+ billion adena just starting in 2 1/2 months because he maybe able to solve everyone on the server issues with no adena dropping.  As a test i did it on my dominator with just farming adena quests drops (ha) etc and he has only made 1 billion adena since May so please let us know the secret in how to make 400+ billion adena from thin air with no gear and only playing 2 1/2 months.

It's called buying ncoin and selling items for adena. 

Get over it, pay 2 win supports the servers. You should be happy a new player came to a 16 year old game instead of flaming them. You are part of the problem with the game, not the guy who just started. 

Hylerlite that is a great cover.  If you were around not sure were when the game went to F2P i was against it I was paying for 3 sometimes 4 accounts a month and was fine with the system.  Also adena buying was illegal and kept the playing level more level even though their were botters and adena buyers that were annoying it was not game breaking.  I don't care if someone can spend $10,000 or more to get gear and level 109 that fast because when I meet them in battle if their gear is not way higher than mine they die quick because they have no clue how to play their toons.

I know that concept is foreign to people with money but there something to be said for someone who makes their own money in game.  But since your expert what sells fast enough from L2Store that he came make 400 billion+ adena that quickly.

Where is his video of how to make money quick with NC Coin everyone talks about it but zero videos on it... odd I think.

6 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Appreciate your counterpoints, but again you're making lots of assumptions here. You're better than that, Sly. When crossing into a land of giants, an ant has to grow its perspective, if not its size.

Given all of the events that we've had in the last 3 months, it's easy to turn NCoin into more than enough adena to buy all of those items -- that's if he bought them and didn't make some of the items himself. I got an Insanity talisman in one of the events. I got 3 Greater Jewels in another. In the current event I've enchanted 5 Magic Sticks up buying the scrolls from other players and have "won" 3 stage 5  jewel boxes and two Dragon claws. Sold them all. You do the math on that profit. And no, I didn't sell my condo, or burn through half of my paycheck buying Ncoins in order to make that happen. If I can raise that kind of adena from just one event, imagine what others like some we both know who have won multiple Dragon Weapons in this event can earn.

Recognize that if someone does have enough money to drop thousands on a game, it's their right to do so. Stop judging. It reeks of envy, not righteous indignation.

I get it: NCSoft's profit model pisses you off and you blame players. Newsflash: NCSoft has been this way since f2p started. It's the whole purpose of f2p. Direct your anger where it belongs, not on the new players who are coming to the game and keeping the damn lights on for us. Make no mistake, if this game doesn't reach an acceptable profit target, they will shut it down. (No, nothing we do will force them to reevaluate what that target is.) It's basic capitalism and Business 101. Sorry that NCSoft is not nearly as nostalgic or warm & fuzzy about the nature of this relationship as the players are. 

Lastly, some of those prices that you reference are based on AH and market. If a person is stupid enough to pay instead of enchanting his or her own stuff, they deserve to get hosed. Enchanting a +10 set doesn't cost hundreds of billions. Neither does +14 on a bow. Any Fortune Seeker (rather fitting name) with LUC and enchant scrolls can churn out multiple high OE items in a week, sell them for 1,000,000x what it costs to make (primarily to scared idiots afraid to OE, or who think ridiculous AH price is an "acceptable" market price to pay) and then rinse and repeat. The real cost is what NCSoft charges to upgrade those items to limited or PVP/PVE status. But players don't control that, do they?

Apologies for the long post and to the OP for derailing his thread. He was trying to be helpful to the community at large and I didn't mean to detract from that.

• Like 2

Mystikal - I appreciate you understanding the original purpose of this!

Sly - what the hell??? this is a video about red libra!  What does my gear have anything to do with it?  But if you are so interested....yes I have bought a metric bleep ton of ncoin over the last 2 and half months and that is how I made all of my adena.  I am fortune enough to be young and have no children, and have a well paying job.  I will gladly make a video on how to effectively p2w (and have actually considered doing it, but if you are so interested, I will).  I never once mentioned anywhere that I farmed my gear, because you are correct, that is literally impossible to make that kind of money via farming.  Even after investing the amount of money I have into the game, I still can only make 500m-2b a day running PI / SI / IOS / trading etc...

My purpose here is simple:  I played this game as a kid and loved it, took a 10+ year break and came back recently when working from home.  I love this game and don't mind investing some money into it as its my primary hobby.  One thing I observed is there is no helpful info anywhere for new players (even the l2wiki is unclear on many things), so I am trying to make videos of things I learn along the way that I wish I would have been able to find on the internet without having to bug people, thats it.  I apologize if my gear has upset you, but I would like to stay on topic (red libra) if possible!

8 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

Yea, I don't get why ppl getting on you about gear. Glad you are enjoying the game as a new player. As someone else said, your gear is currently mid-high. Alot of small things to upgrade.

The main thing about libra is we can swap our class (main to a different type of that archetype, ex Othel to Othel, but not Othel to Yul). You keep same lvl and enchant skills, unsure about forgotten skills but I assume those stay too. 

On dual, you can swap to any other class type pending your race allows it and keep your same level. For example, my dual is a 105 tyrr dread, I will be able to swap it to a Yul for 500kk (old price) and it will stay 105 instead of resetting to 85 like normal. 1st lvl of skills will be learned but if you need sp, you need to grind.

Libra also allows you to swap weapon types. Example, I have +13 limited kristna dual daggers with top aug of 20% skill crit dmg. I will swap my daggers to a bow during libra to xp my dual, then swap them back to daggers before the end.

If you are a feoh, HEWR only go to 7. During libra, u can swap wep to a fighter, Hewr to 12, and swap back to a mage wep.

Libra so has some random quests, other exchange options for stuff, and usually nice ways to upgrade stuff. 

It is typically one of the most enjoyed events by the community and needed for anyone who is trying to reroll or upgrade their char. 

thank you for this info!!

• 2 weeks later...

@TimmyJohns

I saw your videos, I want to congratulate you, it's great to have players that try to make the server grow and help people who don't understand the game to have a better idea of how to play, about people criticizing their gear, play the game , these people are not going anywhere ... hug

Edited by lstardusck