Lineage II - July Preview

Neutron

Get used to the idea of "cheap" cloaks, shirts, circlets. The moment a dragon claw event comes out both servers will have a dozen raid bosses posing as players. The only way they can keep the bottom half of the player base from leaving is reducing the barrier of entry on other items.

It's happening one way or another. Regardless of how much was spent or hoarded. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DraeckeO.o "proven and reliable" & "common sense" used in the same L2 thread. O.o Someone cut @Draecke off...has to be way too inebriated to continue posting!

PS. They don't listen to ppl spending 1-2k or 5-10k for that matter.....I have proof sadly. But as one topic said, changed spending into 'watching paint dry' and at least received results from the paint. :) 

Guest Duardin

They don't listen and people left. Therefore they start merging servers. It's logical, isn't it?

How can they be so stupid to not listen the guys who are paying to play Lineage II? At the same time to wonder why people quit...

7 hours ago, Jackl said:

Get used to the idea of "cheap" cloaks, shirts, circlets. The moment a dragon claw event comes out both servers will have a dozen raid bosses posing as players.

Well, in some ways we already have that. Most average players aren't going to compete with some of these players who have all of the best equipment. Full dragon weapons will just ensure that anyone who thought they had a chance will be officially on notice: they don't. There is no fix for that. Well, there is one, but L2 won't go there. That would be to make PVP dependent on levels and native skill, not weapons, armor, or other boosts. All PVP is done in an instance where everything except for levels and skills learned are completely negated. That +23 Dark Bow has as much effect as a +3 Dark Bow on same level character all other things being equal. And no other buffs of any kind other than the normal class buffs allowed. But what kind of crap game would this be if they did that? 

My problem with the cloaks is that we just had that promotion not too long ago and there's no compensation for those of us who got our desired cloaks to the desired level already despite the difficulties. If you're going to give second chances, then please give me back my +24 retributor that I broke so that I can have another try enchanting it now that my character has far more LUC and purple enchant coupons than it did then. Heck yeah, let's make it an event!!! L2 Forgiveness Day Event. Each player not participating in cloak promo gets to submit a support ticket that allows you another chance at fixing something that's screwed up...because we all know the OE thing is rigged anyway against mage weapons.  :) 

2 hours ago, FatherFortuitous said:

... Most average players aren't going to compete with some of these players who have all of the best equipment. Full dragon weapons will just ensure that anyone who thought they had a chance will be officially on notice: they don't. There is no fix for that. Well, there is one, but L2 won't go there. That would be to make PVP dependent on levels and native skill, not weapons, armor, or other boosts. All PVP is done in an instance where everything except for levels and skills learned are completely negated. That +23 Dark Bow has as much effect as a +3 Dark Bow on same level character all other things being equal. And no other buffs of any kind other than the normal class buffs allowed. But what kind of crap game would this be if they did that?

That would be Lineage 2 Arena:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2149#p38084

Here is a Twitch stream from the Russian PTS where you can see what it looks like:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265409099

In Korea the Arena got very good feedback and the Russians also seem to be quite happy with it. Whether NCWest, i.e. a territory without monthly subscription, will ever introduce this version of the game remains to be seen.

On 30/6/2018 at 2:45 AM, Neutron said:

Ancient Cloaks Return in July

•  After a lot of feedback about the difficulty in upgrading the cloaks, a revision to the Ancient Cloak System will be introduced.
  •  

can someone illuminate me, do that mean an ingame feature will be implamented to get them, cuz that will be very lucrative imo!?!?

11 hours ago, Jackl said:

Get used to the idea of "cheap" cloaks, shirts, circlets. The only way they can keep the bottom half of the player base from leaving is reducing the barrier of entry on other items.

There's so much wrong with this post I can't even

On 6/30/2018 at 3:45 AM, Neutron said:

Hello Adventurers!

Below you’ll find a few noteworthy items and updates coming in the month of July.

Security Update

• In our ongoing efforts to combat unauthorized 3rd-party tools, we’ve invested into a completely new security solution.
  • When the security update is live, GameGuard will no longer be required to connect to the servers.
  • A new tool will take the place of GameGuard and be required to install and run to continue playing Lineage II.
  • There will be an unspecified break-in period with the new tools—we’ll be monitoring and troubleshooting issues it may cause, such as disconnections or update errors and compatibility with certain applications.
  • The decision to make this change came with the goal of having greater control over our security tools, and allowing us to react much quicker to existing and emerging cheat tools.

Ancient Cloaks Return in July

•  After a lot of feedback about the difficulty in upgrading the cloaks, a revision to the Ancient Cloak System will be introduced.

Server Transfers

Yours,
The Lineage II Team

muahahahahah, well done ncsoft, keep going! hardly wait for cloacks again, cheers!

btw, what is your position about adrenaline users? players knows in miliseconds which rb spawn, using antihide script in oly and so on. one friend of mine cant use hide as dagger if he is too close to adversar in olympiad, how can u explain that? and this happens many times, i was near him on his home when he doing oly, he pressing the hide button many times, whitout any debuff on him and NOTHING!

i understand this game is now only for big spenders but at least make it fair and no cheats!

On 6/30/2018 at 7:46 PM, 3ali said:

this game is already broken.. theres nothing to do vs credit card players... i was an active pvp player... now i cant compete vs +20 ferios, +23 weapons, greater rubys.. dragon weapons.... thats why l2 is dead.. and the result is merge servers... ppl dont leave bc the game is boring.... ppl leaving bc cant spend the amount of money that game require to play it. anyone try to do altar with +5 +6 +7 normal weapons? no... u dont even get invited to any party with that weapon.. so the only ppl left to play is the one that spend alot of money to do pve and pvp.
when DH destroy max... i can smell a new merge ... and when ncsoft put dragon claws for hero coins or something... thats gonna be the end of this l2 server.

i can smell also a dh propaganda here...why are u so sure dh will destroy max? and why u complaining about only one clan can have monopol on dragons/claws BUSINESS? 

5 hours ago, Yidao said:

That would be Lineage 2 Arena:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2149#p38084

Here is a Twitch stream from the Russian PTS where you can see what it looks like:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265409099

In Korea the Arena got very good feedback and the Russians also seem to be quite happy with it. Whether NCWest, i.e. a territory without monthly subscription, will ever introduce this version of the game remains to be seen.

They understood long before this L2 Arena what's wrong with their games but they didn't apply those changes to their older games or they're doing it very slowly. When they made Aion they understood from L2 experience  that some classes have those one time skills which gives them an advantage in something like the olympiad. So they made arenas three rounds instead of one round. Then they made BnS and they learned from previous games that it's not enough, as gear difference prevents many from participating or having a chance. So they kept the three rounds and also removed the gear differences in arenas. It would be nice if devs would revive their older games with the experience they accumulated  so far.

My guess is that even the whales figured out that cloaks were too expensive and they didn't spend much.

They are expecting higher revenues. That's why they repeat this event so soon.

My wishful thought: They want to make Lineage 2 popular again so that it will boost popularity (and sales) on their mobile app.

https://www.appannie.com/en/apps/ios/top/south-korea/overall/iphone/

Sadly it's probably the first.

their mobile games are aimed at a different audience imo.. and regardless will have zero effect on the PC version of L2 besides the fact that currently all profit from L2 PC is used for the development of their new games.. it's actually even why we have had an increasement of expensive l2store events..

37 minutes ago, Draecke said:

their mobile games are aimed at a different audience imo.. and regardless will have zero effect on the PC version of L2 besides the fact that currently all profit from L2 PC is used for the development of their new games.. it's actually even why we have had an increasement of expensive l2store events..

So how hard is it to understand the simple fact that no matter what shoes you are wearing, the current situation is *cough* $%&^*$($#.

1. EVERYONE puts a self-moratorium on their spending until game is fixed.

2. Results:

a. Whales maintain gap and costs them nothing - so they only save $. Realistically, why would they want to dump more money into a game where staff cannot seem to explain how/when they will 1) attract new players, and 2) retain what they have.

b. Whether new or returning, these ppl don't spend $ until L2 puts in some semblance of balanced game structure. Ability to compete at various levels throughout the game - sieges, field hunting etc.

So really, no-one spends a dime until current profits are re-routed and put into this game; and, not used to subsidize another to which L2 players couldn't give a rat's &^%.

PS> Tier 2 and lower players are (or should be) there already - just requires whales to stop until things change.

The problem is, you can not blackmail NCsoft. You are of course free to boycott L2@NCWest. Like I myself have never purchased one single NCoin in my whole life, not out of a particular dislike against NCsoft, but simply because there is nothing in the L2Store I would want. But that's a personal decision, something you do for your own satisfaction and/or peace of mind.

But do not deceive yourself that such a boycott would in any way help to get Lineage 2 fixed. Check the graphs here:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2088&start=30#p38012
In the 1st fiscal quarter 2018, the mobile games, i.e. Lineage [1] M, together with Lineage Red Knights etc. and the royalties from Lineage 2 Revolution, generated a revenue of 260 million dollars vs. 14 million dollars from Lineage 2 worldwide.

If people insist on giving NCWest their money, Neutron will gladly take it. But if a boycott finds lots of supporters and the revenue doesn't cover the cost any more, Kim Taek-jin will simply pull the plug, without one moment's hesitation and without one single tear shed.

6 hours ago, beleaua said:

It would be nice if devs would revive their older games with the experience they accumulated  so far.

They might not want to do that. The Arena as it is being tested at present in Russia is what HiccUps recently called a "sub-game" apart and aside from the whales:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/1950-watching-paint-dry/?tab=comments#comment-15273

The Arena is a completely separate game, on a server of its own, onto which you can not transfer from another server. On the server selection screen here you can see on top the Classic servers Talking Island, Gludio, Aden and Giran (that was two years ago :D ), and below that, framed in Orange, the Arena server:

8ad0c925182b2c26839dff84.jpg
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/아레나

So the whales stay in their self-created hell on Chronos or Naia, hitting each other over the head with Dragon Weapons and whatnot, while the civilized people have fun on the Arena server, where the whales can't molest them.

The beauty of this system from NCsoft's point of view is that they can keep on milking the whales (who are too far invested to give up and simply move on to other games), while they can in addition to that pull in a monthly subscription from Arena users. That's absolutely brilliant xD

1 hour ago, SinPalabras said:

I think they just had one not too long ago. Does anyone remember it???

I remember people crying on forums that they couldn't spend money at L2Stone...

On 30/6/2018 at 4:35 PM, Draecke said:

imagine you bought a ferrari and a week later the same ferrari price list value is 50% less then you will also call right away with their Sales HQ and demand recompensation or ensure you & your connections will never shop there again.

Draecke, that's the way it works: a 4k TV used to cost thousands. Now a 4k Tv costs hundreds.... It's the same with everything else. There is an adoption curve to changes. Early starters get the benefit of the new upgrades earlier for a higher price, late comers will benefit from the changes much latter at a lower price. Basic marketing 101...

On 1/7/2018 at 5:36 AM, HiccUps said:

@Oeste "sold it 2 days before the announcement out of pure luck"...others sold tauti weaps for 20b just a day or two before tauti's put in rewards (mkt dropped to 10b overnight) - L2 has a history of some front-running the announcements.....*cough* friends in high places *cough...puke*

And to all the cloak owners who want reimbursement => you own a 5 yr old kia with 50 dollar per gallon gas.....compensation LMFAO *wishes I get compensation to cash me out* O.o

@HiccUps Kindly remove your tinfoil hat, no conspiracy here, I was selling my cloak because I changed my dual class and want a Ferios to serve me in both classes, not only as nuker.

5 hours ago, Oeste said:

Draecke, that's the way it works: a 4k TV used to cost thousands. Now a 4k Tv costs hundreds.... It's the same with everything else. There is an adoption curve to changes. Early starters get the benefit of the new upgrades earlier for a higher price, late comers will benefit from the changes much latter at a lower price. Basic marketing 101...

You are still trying to bash headfirst through a concrete wall. Obsolescence in the real world is natural, and neither Draecke nor me have ever claimed otherwise.

I thought you were a troll so I didn't care to add any proof, but every L2 player knows that R99, which was effectively introduced in 2011, even around 7 years later is still the TOPMOST tier, and, as Draecke pointed out, a poll showed that the Korea playerbase (the only people that actually matter) are entirely opposed to new essential slot item tiers (weapon/shield, armor, jewels). Therefore, there is no obsolescence in L2. It was killed effectively 7 years ago, but you still keep trying to quote real life processes… Even though they do not apply at all here.

Aside from that, look at the belt slot for example. RA was added early 2012 with CoC. At 2018, it is still the best, even though CM belt was added recently to bridge the gap between CH belts and RA.
Brooches, jewels, talismans and certain bracelets are continuously upgradable items (need [potentially several of] the previous top tier to get to new top tier), which largely amortizes obsolescence.

That's the actual reason why unilateral changes to the market price of only a select few topmost tier items look so suspicious. Not to mention, the only way to get them is to pay cash and then also be lucky (which is literally the same for brooches, jewels, certain shirts, etc. - but none of those are receiving any changes whatsoever = keeping their current value, nor are planned to receive in the foreseeable future)

Just thought I'd try one more time to get you to consider either a flash sale for the Elemental Shirts of the Gods, or start auctioning off the +8 versions more frequently (on weekends) in the regular auctions starting this month. I don't need another cloak. I do need 6 elemental shirts for my new characters.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, Helv said:

I remember people crying on forums that they couldn't spend money at L2Stone...

I was probably one of them. There are still plenty of items that the average player can't readily get their hands on without waiting long months to a year. There should be a mechanism to get past event items into the market without always having to wait for the next version of that event. The simple solution would be to put those items in "Abundance-type" reward boxes that you can buy using hero coin. Buy the box, click on it, get a sealed random event/promotion reward item. Follow that up by designating one of the Reconstruction NPCs to unseal said items for a "small" fee (adena, gemstones, or crystals, I don't care which). Work out the mechanics anyway they like, but this business of waiting around forever for items is for the birds.

Archived