When did Tyrs get boosted?

Mystikal

Did that happen in this update, or the one before? My friend tells me that his 106 Tyr  with all buffs and boosts can easily reach 5.5M p.atk. for a few seconds with over 110K HP. I haven't played a Tyr in 2 years. I never thought that they'd get that powerful. Why are people complaining so much about archers with Tyrs like that running around?

Edited by Mystikal

1. it's very recent and 2. archer are still the lazy's man easy go-to for farm everything

also Tyr's are the most impacted class when it's about the attack melee lag forcing them to buy the same gear as daggers/archers which are way more expensive

anyways I wouldn't compare the few Months of stronger Tyr's against the many years of Yul

5 hours ago, Mystikal said:

My friend tells me that his 106 Tyr  with all buffs and boosts can easily reach 5.5M p. atk. for a few seconds with over 110K HP. I haven't played a Tyr in 2 years. I never thought that they'd get that powerful. Why are people complaining so much about archers with Tyrs like that running around?

I reactivated my Tyr this week and retired my Yul. Things are definitely better than they used to be for the Tyr class, but the attack delay remains a BIG issue.

Can't really give a fair comparison between my Tyr and my Yul, but the Tyr more than holds its own against pink mobs. I'm racing to get it leveled up and stacked before they nerf the class again.  

• Haha 1

wouldn't call it "fine" as skill crit damage gear is way more expensive and that's just one of many things that requires changing compared to normal pcrit damage set up but yes it's doable

@Juji still looking for a refund or support ticket route for changing all my weapon / cloak augments from pcrit damage to skill power / skillcrit damage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, mixa said:

At least you can somehow bypass the melee lag is you're playing tyrr by going the skill crit route. Then you can farm very efficiently work mostly skills and very few normal hits.

Understood. Fortunately, my Yul was already built for p. skill crit damage. I didn't need to make many changes, or buy anything that I didn't already own. What I have is probably overkill anyway for PVE. 

5 minutes ago, Mikeha said:

I want to play a Tyrr but not sure which one to roll. Looking at Tyrr Tyrant class. Can somebody tell me a little about each Tyrr's pros / cons?

I have never played for Tyr Tyr, because I do not see in it an advantage over others. Perhaps , I'm wrong, but you'd better try Eviscerator.

Edited by LordDragnil
Minor improvements

17 minutes ago, LordDragnil said:

I have never played for Tyr Tyr, because I do not see in it an advantage over others. Perhaps , I'm wrong, but you'd better try Eviscerator.

No interest in Evisceator. I use to play Tyrr Doombringer years ago and really liked it. 

3 hours ago, Mikeha said:

I want to play a Tyrr but not sure which one to roll. Looking at Tyrr Tyrant class. Can somebody tell me a little about each Tyrr's pros / cons?

With Evis at least you can dual class Tyr GK and not have to worry about changing weapon and equipment.

Evis is meant to deal crazy damage in high burst skill attacks, while GK were originally designed to deal damage by virtue of speed and power. Tyr Titan were meant to deal massive damage via strength (p.atk) and power, while also being able to take a hit with unique buffs that boost patk and pdef more than the GK or Evi iirc. If you played Tyr Doombringer before, just think of Tyr Titan as the big brother you run and get when nine guys beat you up and you want total revenge.

Can't say which is better now because haven't all played all classes since update. Tyr Maestro and Dreadnought are getting lots of love also. 

In terms of playstyle, GK and Titan are my favorites, but all of them (except Dread) are basically interchangeable if you get the right gear and set up a decent macro. I set Dread apart, because that's the one class where I think a player needs to be more actively engaged in order to maximize XP.

Edited by FatherFortuitous
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 12:32 AM, Draecke said:

@Juji still looking for a refund or support ticket route for changing all my weapon / cloak augments from pcrit damage to skill power / skillcrit damage

In case that happens, I've like 11 characters that would like to get the same treatment, let us know!

Just kidding, I'd rather get the support to restore my compounding and god jewelry attempts, until I get them to the max level.

107 main Iss hierophant / 110 dual tyrr titan here,

I deal a similar 1 by 1 PvE dagame when I play on Hierophant with +16 r99 bloody dual sword +4% pve dmg augment, no forgotten skills learned, +15 CON/CHA, than my titan with +18 R99 bloody Slasher 15% Crit dmg augment, maximum forgotten power learned and +15 STR/CHA. It's very sad see a DD without any boost itself, his damage is based only and exclusively by his gear on PvE.

Edited by Foxes

12 hours ago, Reichsfuhrer said:

load of bullshit

If only.

My friend sent me an SS. Obviously, name, etc., removed, but everything else is unchanged. Hopefully, I can get link to work. You should see P. Atk. of 5,669,777.

The funny part is he hasn't max out STR or CHA to (+15), learned all of his Forgotten skills, or enchanted his other self-buffs with full Might yet. His p.atk could be even higher.

Tyr High Patk

On 9/15/2020 at 3:01 PM, Mystikal said:

If only.

My friend sent me an SS. Obviously, name, etc., removed, but everything else is unchanged. Hopefully, I can get link to work. You should see P. Atk. of 5,669,777.

The funny part is he hasn't max out STR or CHA to (+15), learned all of his Forgotten skills, or enchanted his other self-buffs with full Might yet. His p.atk could be even higher.

Tyr High Patk

My friend said he made some changes and his highest p.atk with every buff he can get and all right skills firing is now  7,171,509. Big picture, it doesn't mean much, since it levels off after several seconds, but it's good to know Tyr have that kind of power.

New Tyr Max Patk