Remember When Warcryer/dominator were vampires?

cynetyc

Hi!

I am a non important individual/person witch brings no value to this world....But I would like to tell you a story about ISS Warcryer and Dominator class before they became what they are...

First of all....I know ...that recent changes (2020 ones) made the game quite difficult...it is not fun to see after you put a macro, go to work and come back (luckily nobody pk-ed you) to see that the xp does not show not even 1 %  after 12h ...

But still....I want to tell you something that most players are not discussing....or I dare say ...not even interested in .

Previous game versions had a class called buffer ...witch of course was the class that had different buffs for the whole party. Now each buffer was special...they had advantages and disadvantages but from all the buffers was one class, one  that was a  hybrid . (it was not the first hybrid ...think of necro witch is basically a small summoner and nuker as well).

That class belonged to orcs shamans ....a class that ultimately would became either a warcryer or a dominator.

It was truly a strange but amazing class....very hard to level up and had different playing styles....the weapon preferred was a blunt and had a buff that at the beginning was boosting p.attack (toggle).

Once you would level to 76-80 the class would became very strong if you would use it as a mage vampire. This class was specialized in drains and had chants and even 1 skill for draining life.

Going in Primeval Island fully buffed (because you are a buffer) and having this drain spell (only one that's it ...the chants had low range for aoe) you could solo all the mobs there.

Of course some skill enchants (mana recharge and cool down ) were needed, but once you had them +++ you would basically instant cast non stop this drain and destroy every mob.

I could say a true vampire....

But some "updates" arrived and this class ...faded in what it is today...

Do not get me wrong ....some classes needed this boost ....like the human class witch it was very very weak ....now it has heavy armor and duals ....same for other.....EXACTLY the same.

Each class has to be different... and they  made it in such a way that all classes (buffers-enchanters) are the same. Now of course the class specific buffs remain (with some changes)

But now ....I ask you this ....why ...a shaman (witch is a mystic)  became a ...warrior type?

Dont you think it has no sense?

Well the answer it is easy...it was OP (over powered) . It had only one skill witch it was weaker then a Storm Screamer (of course) but the cool down was almost instant (enchanted ...rings...etc)

All the iss use now on autopilot Crippling AttackCrushing Assault and of course Chaos Symphony ...all of them....It is the only way to level up if alone.

Sure Freezing Flame  is a blast from the past ....but it is not a drain.

That one spell made the whole difference....and it is gone...poof.

Now I know that ....many updates came and ...."Balanced" everything but in my own point of view ....orc shaman was a mystic ....not a warrior.

Now I would see a Dominator....outside of a party....sitting on the sidelines (box) just macro Vangards....a cute robot ...that's it...from time to time I do see a Dominator in Oly (where he should be not box to a tyr or yul)

It is so sad to see this beautiful class....becoming useless (I did write -becoming- but of course it was a process that took  years, it did not happen now) and I miss the good all days when I could go with my warcryer in Primeval solo ....no potions... no party....no clan....completely alone killing t-Rex.

The end!

PS: Now folks ....I know that many of you do not know that I am talking about ...If you are new to the game ...for sure you will not understand most of what I wrote....but at least I told you a nice story.

I cannot change anything nor I can say something as these changes were implemented a very long time ago. From the beginning (few years ago) I noticed that most people not even talking about this subject ( now if I missed a forum post about it ....my bad ...but I tell you ...I found nothing about this subject)

I just wanted to share a good story about Doomcryer and Warcryer.... That was it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/9/2020 at 1:07 AM, cynetyc said:

Hi!

I am a non important individual/person witch brings no value to this world....But I would like to tell you a story about ISS Warcryer and Dominator class before they became what they are...

First of all....I know ...that recent changes (2020 ones) made the game quite difficult...it is not fun to see after you put a macro, go to work and come back (luckily nobody pk-ed you) to see that the xp does not show not even 1 %  after 12h ...

But still....I want to tell you something that most players are not discussing....or I dare say ...not even interested in .

Previous game versions had a class called buffer ...witch of course was the class that had different buffs for the whole party. Now each buffer was special...they had advantages and disadvantages but from all the buffers was one class, one  that was a  hybrid . (it was not the first hybrid ...think of necro witch is basically a small summoner and nuker as well).

That class belonged to orcs shamans ....a class that ultimately would became either a warcryer or a dominator.

It was truly a strange but amazing class....very hard to level up and had different playing styles....the weapon preferred was a blunt and had a buff that at the beginning was boosting p.attack (toggle).

Once you would level to 76-80 the class would became very strong if you would use it as a mage vampire. This class was specialized in drains and had chants and even 1 skill for draining life.

Going in Primeval Island fully buffed (because you are a buffer) and having this drain spell (only one that's it ...the chants had low range for aoe) you could solo all the mobs there.

Of course some skill enchants (mana recharge and cool down ) were needed, but once you had them +++ you would basically instant cast non stop this drain and destroy every mob.

I could say a true vampire....

But some "updates" arrived and this class ...faded in what it is today...

Do not get me wrong ....some classes needed this boost ....like the human class witch it was very very weak ....now it has heavy armor and duals ....same for other.....EXACTLY the same.

Each class has to be different... and they  made it in such a way that all classes (buffers-enchanters) are the same. Now of course the class specific buffs remain (with some changes)

But now ....I ask you this ....why ...a shaman (witch is a mystic)  became a ...warrior type?

Dont you think it has no sense?

Well the answer it is easy...it was OP (over powered) . It had only one skill witch it was weaker then a Storm Screamer (of course) but the cool down was almost instant (enchanted ...rings...etc)

All the iss use now on autopilot Crippling AttackCrushing Assault and of course Chaos Symphony ...all of them....It is the only way to level up if alone.

Sure Freezing Flame  is a blast from the past ....but it is not a drain.

That one spell made the whole difference....and it is gone...poof.

Now I know that ....many updates came and ...."Balanced" everything but in my own point of view ....orc shaman was a mystic ....not a warrior.

Now I would see a Dominator....outside of a party....sitting on the sidelines (box) just macro Vangards....a cute robot ...that's it...from time to time I do see a Dominator in Oly (where he should be not box to a tyr or yul)

It is so sad to see this beautiful class....becoming useless (I did write -becoming- but of course it was a process that took  years, it did not happen now) and I miss the good all days when I could go with my warcryer in Primeval solo ....no potions... no party....no clan....completely alone killing t-Rex.

The end!

PS: Now folks ....I know that many of you do not know that I am talking about ...If you are new to the game ...for sure you will not understand most of what I wrote....but at least I told you a nice story.

I cannot change anything nor I can say something as these changes were implemented a very long time ago. From the beginning (few years ago) I noticed that most people not even talking about this subject ( now if I missed a forum post about it ....my bad ...but I tell you ...I found nothing about this subject)

I just wanted to share a good story about Doomcryer and Warcryer.... That was it.

Want the old Warcryer or Overlord? Go classic,easy. There the two classes still have drain and still are mystics,true shamans. I do not understand why you tell this having classic servers. I come from classic servers due problems with trades,i had a warcryer for solo,i feel the same like you,warcryers are nice soloers. So,if you want to play the old warcryer or overlord,you have an easy solution,go classic,now is free and still is pay to win like live servers. I play an iss hierophant on live servers due i play solo and they have cooldown reduction. But if you still want to play the live servers with an iss doomcryer,they have mastery of light and robe armors and staffs if you want to focus on this,but expect to being 1 shotted.

Edited by SirLouis
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...