Sept. 16th Covert Artwork Revision

Feels

When I updated the client after the maintenance on Sept. 16th, I noticed many things looked strange. Upon closer inspection, I could see that many icons had been revised/changed.

Some of them look better, generally very nice on the eyes. When you have so many icons on the screen, some artwork can be straining for your eyes - which is why I suspect this was revised.

Unfortunately, much of the artwork looks much worse and some of them have been rendered undiscernible or unreadable. Some of the colors are very dull. Some of the icons have been changed for seemingly no reason, but I'm sure someone was being paid by the hour, incentivizing what the entire player-base now has no choice but to live with.

A separate issue that arises when people start changing things without proper testing is unforeseen consequences. Poor compression on icons for currently active buffs make them look pixelated while they are reduced in size.

Here are some examples of changed icons that should be reviewed by someone who understands the influence that quality has on the perception of current and prospective customers:

https://i.ibb.co/12pTXZf/Screenshot-2020-09-17-170057.jpg

• Like 1

right above the Submit Post / Reply button you have the option that reads: Insert Other media which has an insert image from link option

Screenshot-2020-09-17-170057.jpg

btw I do agree that althou most skill icon changes look fine those of items are horrible but this comes from Korea so besides passing on that players from NCWest don't like it not much else you can expect here

to be clear Korea failed with the items in the sense that although the icon image resolution went up they lost the image sharpness, making them all look very dull & bland :(

Edited by Draecke

45 minutes ago, Draecke said:

right above the Submit Post / Reply button you have the option that reads: Insert Other media which has an insert image from link option

I didn't do that because it resizes the image, making the parts of my image that are supposed to represent the actual icon size on screen much smaller. Clicking my link will bring you to a direct 1:1 image.

• 2 weeks later...