Varka and Ketra

Uskglass

6 hours ago, Uskglass said:

We are all good at complaining and often quiet when NC gets something right. I just wanted to say well done at getting these group areas right. It’s just what we needed. Thank you. 

People are just tired of the same things, what really needs to change has not yet happened, who knows when it happens still has enough people willing to publish their positive feedback.

Edit to add this:

I still have practically non existent drops, xp is very bad and it will get worse when the redlibra event / herb ends, then adena not even talk about the only possibility of making adena in a meaningful way is via l2store, the same store doesn't have much useful stuff besides SS, nor destiny pack is viable in the days of today, since the drop / xp / adena runes is useless.

And about ketra and varkas, I can't take advantage of the map, so, speaking for myself, there's no reason to congratulate ncwest for something, at least yet, maybe in the future.

Edited by Lean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ketra/Varka is AMAZING!  Unfortunately, I would estimate that 90% of the server simply aren't strong enough to take advantage of it.

So thank you NC soft bringing it here as quick as you did.  I just wish there was a comparable group area with 107/108 mobs.  Wishful thinking...  

• Like 1

Ok, I'll be the one to complain. Here goes:

I like the concept, BUT mobs are too hard to kill for most people in game. I get they are group mobs and this is a party area, but pretty much every area has group mobs now. Varka/ Ketra are supposed to be level 111-112, but they're harder to kill than mobs that are level 113, like Sel Mahum.

Solution: Keep Varka/Ketra, it's a great idea, but ffs BOOST the XP that you get from hunting everywhere else, too!!! There should not be a single mob from 105-110 that doesn't give players similar Exp as Varka/Ketra. Not if you want player population to all reach higher level content before 2025.

On 19.09.2020 at 1:03 PM, Uskglass said:

We are all good at complaining and often quiet when NC gets something right. I just wanted to say well done at getting these group areas right. It’s just what we needed. Thank you. 

Thank you for posting this. Finally some good vibe on this forum. 

7 minutes ago, BlackIce said:

Varka and Ketra? Is that the place where only stacked characters level 114 and above can hunt in party?

You have to have a strong, well made party but you don't need to be 114.  Even a 110 party with Bloody gear can make 6t / hr out there. 

A mediocre party with one stacked DD can make 15t / hr. 

23 hours ago, Mystikal said:

Ok, I'll be the one to complain. Here goes:

I like the concept, BUT mobs are too hard to kill for most people in game. I get they are group mobs and this is a party area, but pretty much every area has group mobs now. Varka/ Ketra are supposed to be level 111-112, but they're harder to kill than mobs that are level 113, like Sel Mahum.

Solution: Keep Varka/Ketra, it's a great idea, but ffs BOOST the XP that you get from hunting everywhere else, too!!! There should not be a single mob from 105-110 that doesn't give players similar Exp as Varka/Ketra. Not if you want player population to all reach higher level content before 2025.

If solo area give same xp as varka ketra then nobody go to varka ketra because don't have good Adena and support class again will stay without party. Its first time i see in l2 place force us to play like party. Old party areas could be" exploited" for top geared dd. And i believe party areas like ketra should stay with low adena income because they destroy party activity and will start farm it strong ppl with box.

13 hours ago, Venetiae said:

If solo area give same xp as varka ketra then nobody go to varka ketra because don't have good Adena and support class again will stay without party. Its first time i see in l2 place force us to play like party. Old party areas could be" exploited" for top geared dd. And i believe party areas like ketra should stay with low adena income because they destroy party activity and will start farm it strong ppl with box.

Right, but the other areas don't exactly have great adena drops, either. You can farm all night for a week and not reach 1 billion adena even with Prestige 200% drop boost. NCsoft has already shown us that they will lower adena amounts anyway if they think it makes players less dependent on NCoin to Adena conversion. Might as well boost XP everywhere else, too, since levels play as big a role in player survival as equipment.

On 9/19/2020 at 3:50 PM, Rodah said:

Ketra/Varka is AMAZING!  Unfortunately, I would estimate that 90% of the server simply aren't strong enough to take advantage of it.

So thank you NC soft bringing it here as quick as you did.  I just wish there was a comparable group area with 107/108 mobs.  Wishful thinking...  

+++++

I think if they could make a party area for 105-107 and 107-109 that would be a huge plus to the game.  Playing as a group is way more fun and also how the game was originally intended to be played (remember the good ole days??).

On 9/20/2020 at 5:45 PM, BlackIce said:

Varka and Ketra? Is that the place where only stacked characters level 114 and above can hunt in party?

not true - we had a party of 109s survive over night last night on one of the smaller groups.  only averaged about 3.5t per hour, but still was able to be done.  The biggest thing is the damage penalty of being 109, a couple of our DD's in our main CP hit 110 over the past week and there damage almost doubled out there....really a semi geared party of 110 should be more than enough.

12 minutes ago, TimmyJohns said:

not true - we had a party of 109s survive over night last night on one of the smaller groups.  only averaged about 3.5t per hour, but still was able to be done.  The biggest thing is the damage penalty of being 109, a couple of our DD's in our main CP hit 110 over the past week and there damage almost doubled out there....really a semi geared party of 110 should be more than enough.

This!

A decently geared party with 110 DDs should be able to make 8t/hour out there.  Having said that, the party needs to be setup correctly; no cutting corners.  You need to have 3-4 AOE DDs (or REALLY strong single target DDs), a good tank, healer, PoM/VoP/Bison Iss.  Even better would be a SWS or BD in party and an OL out of party doing Victories.  The Iss needs to be debuffing as well.  A dedicated CP is probably best.   

1 hour ago, Rodah said:

This!

A decently geared party with 110 DDs should be able to make 8t/hour out there.  Having said that, the party needs to be setup correctly; no cutting corners.  You need to have 3-4 AOE DDs (or REALLY strong single target DDs), a good tank, healer, PoM/VoP/Bison Iss.  Even better would be a SWS or BD in party and an OL out of party doing Victories.  The Iss needs to be debuffing as well.  A dedicated CP is probably best.   

With 2 110 DDs and 108 tank we were able to do around 10 tril an hr sustainable. Takes good setup and a little know how but it's doable 

Amazing we get exactly what we were requesting and people still complain.  It not an xp zone you can do unless you actually know how to play your toons effectively.  As some posters said with the right setup and no cutting corners you can do really well here.  8  - 10 trillion an hour is 240 trillion a day... id say thats good.

43 minutes ago, ABnD said:

With 2 110 DDs and 108 tank we were able to do around 10 tril an hr sustainable. Takes good setup and a little know how but it's doable 

One of your DDs is way better than "decently" geared :)

But yeah, 10t / hr is good.