Forums

Paladin better choice right now? Or dark avenger is right?

Tetele

I am human knight lvl 27 (i can get a spot on abandoned camp with luck) i noticed that divine heal is quicker cast than drain health. Also the heal recovers you more health poiints,the drain health much less. Is the paladin the way to go right now???

Let me explain,i played a paladin in old C4 in a illegal server,the role of sacred knight is the thing i always liked,however for pvp was a wrong class,at least at 1 vs 1 vs a dark avenger.

So,i am thinking seriously to play a dark avenger,not only for tank in partyes,but for defend me in pvp.

The thing is,that i read that drain health is not good as the heals of the paladin for return back some hp,both pve and pvp. Is the dark avenger drain health nerfed from the C4 till now in classic??? I never tryed it,i always being a paladin,but that was years ago. Now i want to try the dark avenger but i do not want to do a wrong choice.

The question is,can i get good health points from drain health once i reach 40??? I find a guy who give me a clan,there is an evas templar in,he says that evas templar is the best tank in terms of tanking and protect,more than paladin. Dark avenger can tank too i say to him. So,i wont regret if i change to dark avenger???

Edited by Tetele

I have an 80 pally and an 80 Dark Avenger.

PVE (Pally): I only use PA as a self-healing tank. You can autocast sacrifice on yourself and during sacrifice cooldown the pally can cast aggression on mobs and get a few swings in. However due to the slow cast rate you'll find most of the time is spent watching the sacrifice cast bar, the aggression animation, then 2 or 3 swings before the pally goes back to sacrifice (or divine heal).   

You will level super super slow as a Pally if your only support is a WC and there are no other DD supports.  The undead specific Pally skills are of no help, i never use them. Angelic archon is also meh.

PVE (DA) If your party is only DA and Warcryer you will have pretty good DPS and actually be able to level in field type leveling spots and if you spam health pots maybe Alligator Island and Cruma. The dark panther is great for leveling with.  I never use the lifesteal or corpse life drain when leveling with DA. In terms of PVE Healing, it's my opinion that shield stun is much more effective (if your target is stunned it's not dealing damage to you so in effect that is a form of healing). 

PVP PA the skill thats sought out comes with pally level 80, but again the the grind will be huge (unless you roll some dd supports and have yourself a little party going. Pally hill (in my experience don't help much in pvp. The PVP players out there will just melt your face.

PVP DA. most skills are similar but it lacks the pally skill.  I'm not impressed with the unique dA 76-80 skills. Same in that the nukers of the server will just melt your face.

1 hour ago, rxbandit3 said:

PVE (Pally): I only use PA as a self-healing tank. You can autocast sacrifice on yourself and during sacrifice cooldown the pally can cast aggression on mobs and get a few swings in. However due to the slow cast rate you'll find most of the time is spent the sacrifice cast bar watching bar, the aggression animation, then 2 or 3 swings before the pally goes back to sacrifice (or divine heal).   

You will level super super slow as a Pally if your only support is a WC and there are no other DD supports.  The undead specific Pally skills are of no help, i never use them. Angelic archon is also meh.

PVE (DA) If your party is only DA and Warcryer you will have pretty good DPS and actually be able to level in field type leveling spots and if you spam health pots maybe Alligator Island and Cruma. The dark panther is great for leveling with.  I never use the lifesteal or corpse life drain when leveling with DA. In terms of PVE Healing, it's my opinion that shield stun is much more effective (if your target is stunned it's not dealing damage to you so in effect that is a form of healing). 

PVP PA the skill thats sought out comes with pally level 80, but again the the grind will be huge (unless you roll some dd supports and have yourself a little party going. Pally hill (in my experience don't help much in pvp. The PVP players out there will just melt your face.

PVP DA. most skills are similar but it lacks the pally skill.  I'm not impressed with the unique dA 76-80 skills. Same in that the nukers of the server will just melt your face.

I thought sacrifice have no cooldown also take some of your health,still if you use on yourself,it take a bit of health more than you restore. If the things have not changed,that is how it was in C4. Now i have no idea how paladins work.

With my paladin in C4 i have divine blessing,this skill restore some hp and have cast time,maybe you confuse skills.

The stun is the same for both tanks,and yes,they gain time for hit the target if the target is stunned,but cost a lot of mp,at least is what i am experiencing right now. I play solo,no buffers,no warcryers,only my character and my skills.

But maybe for pvp,the dark avenger is better,if the things have not changed,i perma stun nukers if they have not majestic set. Also i have agression for atract. In C4 there was no shackle,so the nukers run,i was stopped playing my paladin at the end of C4. Now i returned.

I never tryed the dark avenger,but the dark avenger have hamstring who helps to chase ranged people,stun,reflect,drain...

Also,back in C4 tanks have not shackle. This helps to control the ranged people. Unless they have God equipment,on equal conditions,1 vs 1,without buffs,we dont know who will win. The illegal server was with plenty of nukers,in the official server seems the things have not changed,sadly.

But i still love to tank. What i must decide is,help people on party,or defend myself versus jerks...i select the second.

Edited by Tetele

1 hour ago, rxbandit3 said:

PVE (Pally): I only use PA as a self-healing tank. You can autocast sacrifice on yourself and during sacrifice cooldown the pally can cast aggression on mobs and get a few swings in. However due to the slow cast rate you'll find most of the time is spent watching the sacrifice cast bar, the aggression animation, then 2 or 3 swings before the pally goes back to sacrifice (or divine heal).   

The fact is you do not answer the question i wanted,you say about situations and attitude of both tanks in general,but not how are the drain health and divine blessing situation right now,the two main heal skills of both tanks. I wanted to know,if at lvl 40 the drain health can take a lot of hp from enemyes or is a thing to forget. Right now,i get more hp back with divine heal than drain health,that is why this thread.

I already tryed the paladin,but that was ages ago. I always liked the role of a holy knight,but the people do not want to know anything about teamwork,so before think about others,i must think about me,so i choose the dark avenger.

The question here is about drain health at higher levels,if is as good as divine blessing of the paladin. In C4,dark avengers eat paladins for breakfast,between other classes. The drain was strong and the divine blessing was half bad. Of course,i am talking about a paladin in an illegal server and i had no idea that this server was mage wise. It was my first character in the lineage 2 history,but still i had skills for kill nukers with help.

Archers and daggers always down nukers,if they are on equal conditions. They are not Gods. No class is a God. Take in mind that. This is rock-paper-scissors way of classes,but the tanks rely on durability and the sick of others.

Now,is the drain health a thing to take in mind in both pve and pvp? That is i wanted to know. I do not care playing solo,still taking ages,at the end,i will enter to a clan to do partyes sooner or later because this is a MMORPG.

Also i have more questions,is the divine blessing from paladin,auto heal? I mean i need to target my self to use the heal or i can target the enemy and push the skil button for auto heal and not heal the npc instead??? This will help me a lot to decide which char to play,in this illegal server i must target me first to use the heal on me,losing much time in a fight.

Btw the drain health will return back health points same as the divine blessing?? Or are less health points??

That is i wanted to know. And i do not want to select a wrong tank in the actual situation of the game,

Edited by Tetele