Sign in to follow this  
Agriojohn

No damage or message when using skill

Agriojohn    3

Hi, i would like an explanation (if anyone knows) on the issue that i see on my GH that i can't understand.

So during farming and while spammin skills some stabs don't do anything at all. 

I mean that i use e.g. Heart Breaker and it doesn't do any damage neither i get a message of "miss" or that the mob evaded or anything. It just like the skill despite the fact that is cast, it is with no result at all. 

Anyone else facing this issue and/or know what is happening?

Thanks

Vassy    37
On 9/25/2020 at 2:20 PM, Agriojohn said:

Hi, i would like an explanation (if anyone knows) on the issue that i see on my GH that i can't understand.

So during farming and while spammin skills some stabs don't do anything at all. 

I mean that i use e.g. Heart Breaker and it doesn't do any damage neither i get a message of "miss" or that the mob evaded or anything. It just like the skill despite the fact that is cast, it is with no result at all. 

Anyone else facing this issue and/or know what is happening?

Thanks

Test on NPC if actually inflict any damage.  The most important use is the buff that cast on you when you use this skill.

Agriojohn    3

Shot00003.jpgShot00002.jpg

In the screens you can see that the skills were used but no result in other damage or "resist/evade" from mob

in both cases i was in the back of the mob

any guess?

@Juji maybe you can share some knowledge?

iHyperlite    10
On 10/11/2020 at 11:12 AM, Agriojohn said:

Shot00003.jpgShot00002.jpg

In the screens you can see that the skills were used but no result in other damage or "resist/evade" from mob

in both cases i was in the back of the mob

any guess?

@Juji maybe you can share some knowledge?

What color is the mob to you? 

Agriojohn    3
10 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

What color is the mob to you? 

the screens are from stronhold and i am 110

the same happens in all areas that i farm (storm, pi, fom etc)

iHyperlite    10
6 hours ago, Agriojohn said:

the screens are from stronhold and i am 110

the same happens in all areas that i farm (storm, pi, fom etc)

I see the system message for skill usage, but that doesn't mean it was on the rear of the target.

Try testing with using bluff 1st, then the stab test. If the mob isn't stun locked via bluff or shadow chase, even when you move to the back and stab via teleporting, if the debuff failed you will stab the front most likely.

Bluff forces the back. The game's directional pickup for targets is a bit lackluster for Othel. Front, side (flank) and rear are all a bit buggy.

Once the 1st stab lands in your 1st screen, it's quite likely the shadow step wore off and the mob turned to face you for the blood stab. 

Are you using in game macro? Mkb macro? What is in your macro?

Also, just to check, you have mortal strike enabled, correct? This increases your vital spot attack rate.

Shadow reverse isn't in the screens, but if you have shadow reverse in your macro, that will put you to the opposite side of the target, not specifically the rear. You could inadevrtantly move yourself front facing to spam stabs.

If you use shadow reverse front facing, it will go to the back and stab. If you use it rear facing, it will go to the front and stab (not the back). 

It sounds like you are stabbing front facing, but not realizing it. Spam bluff on cooldown and see if it helps. 

Edited by iHyperlite

Agriojohn    3
9 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

I see the system message for skill usage, but that doesn't mean it was on the rear of the target.

Try testing with using bluff 1st, then the stab test. If the mob isn't stun locked via bluff or shadow chase, even when you move to the back and stab via teleporting, if the debuff failed you will stab the front most likely.

Bluff forces the back. The game's directional pickup for targets is a bit lackluster for Othel. Front, side (flank) and rear are all a bit buggy.

Once the 1st stab lands in your 1st screen, it's quite likely the shadow step wore off and the mob turned to face you for the blood stab. 

Are you using in game macro? Mkb macro? What is in your macro?

Also, just to check, you have mortal strike enabled, correct? This increases your vital spot attack rate.

Shadow reverse isn't in the screens, but if you have shadow reverse in your macro, that will put you to the opposite side of the target, not specifically the rear. You could inadevrtantly move yourself front facing to spam stabs.

If you use shadow reverse front facing, it will go to the back and stab. If you use it rear facing, it will go to the front and stab (not the back). 

It sounds like you are stabbing front facing, but not realizing it. Spam bluff on cooldown and see if it helps. 

I hunt with ingame macro and i don't use bluff because it is not necessary when farming, I kill more mobs per hour (in the area that i auto hunt) without it.

The mobs have always their back on me after shadow chase because i always hunt with a tank in party so all the mobs are targeting the tank.

This issue is visible only because i use /forceskilluse in my macro to prevent normal attacks since they are useless damagewise

and i also don't use shadow reverse in auto hunt for the reaso you said

ofcourse all the self buffs are on always

also my macro is very small so shadow chase is almost cast on reset so it doesnt take more than 2 seconds hitting to get to the back of the mob

Edited by Agriojohn

Vassy    37
On 10/14/2020 at 8:04 AM, Agriojohn said:

I hunt with ingame macro and i don't use bluff because it is not necessary when farming, I kill more mobs per hour (in the area that i auto hunt) without it.

The mobs have always their back on me after shadow chase because i always hunt with a tank in party so all the mobs are targeting the tank.

This issue is visible only because i use /forceskilluse in my macro to prevent normal attacks since they are useless damagewise

and i also don't use shadow reverse in auto hunt for the reaso you said

ofcourse all the self buffs are on always

also my macro is very small so shadow chase is almost cast on reset so it doesnt take more than 2 seconds hitting to get to the back of the mob

I'm sure is bad practice to use /forceskilluse in macro - it's like playing with CTRL. You can easily PK ppl around you.

Agriojohn    3
4 hours ago, Vassy said:

I'm sure is bad practice to use /forceskilluse in macro - it's like playing with CTRL. You can easily PK ppl around you.

No it is not - Not really, there are other advantages with this - Not really

On topic Now

I changed the options in the system message today and i noticed that when this issue is happening, the soulshot is not used

i have the feeling that it is either the melee lag or i just "miss" ...

iHyperlite    10

I've been thinking about your issue a bit more. If you aren't using shadow reverse or bluff, and only shadow chase blood stab heart breaker and chain blow, I think your issue is you aren't forcing the back.

I know you think you are hitting the back, but I don't think you are.

I spam all dmg skills as fast as possible with mkb and I do not have the issues you have. In game macro loop is extremely slow. If you are using the tank hate to assume you have the back, that is wrong. 

I would try the following macro if you have to use ig macro

Shadow chase > Heartbreakers > bluff > blood stab > shadow reverse > chain blow*

Add chain blow if u aren't killing things with the 1st 3 skills. Add grim reaper as well for another teleport. Don't use crit wound.

Try that macro and report results of missed stabs.