Is Party XP Boost Working Correctly?

Help me understand game mechanics. Why is my XP so much higher when my party member is in town than when they are right next to me helping me kill mobs?

I am 110 Tyr. My ISS is 101. I party ISS and bring them with me to XP. I am hunting normal mobs my level, NOT Varka/Ketra or any special party mobs with normally high XP amount.

With ISS near me my XP is 37,568,803,980 per mob.

To pick up some supplies I sent ISS to town. Still in party, but not near me.

With ISS away from me in town, but still partied, my XP jumps to 53,262,676,278 per mob.

I am confused that XP would be that great when ISS is in town. So I double check my XP rate, kicking her out of party. Solo, no one in party, my XP is 26,631,338,134 per mob.

I am confused. I know Party Hunting is boosted extra 100%, but shouldn't that mean that overall XP should be highest when party member is near me, not far away?

@Hime @Juji @PhoenixMitra

47 minutes ago, OldKingCold said:

Help me understand game mechanics. Why is my XP so much higher when my party member is in town than when they are right next to me helping me kill mobs?

I am 110 Tyr. My ISS is 101. I party ISS and bring them with me to XP. I am hunting normal mobs my level, NOT Varka/Ketra or any special party mobs with normally high XP amount.

With ISS near me my XP is 37,568,803,980 per mob.

To pick up some supplies I sent ISS to town. Still in party, but not near me.

With ISS away from me in town, but still partied, my XP jumps to 53,262,676,278 per mob.

I am confused that XP would be that great when ISS is in town. So I double check my XP rate, kicking her out of party. Solo, no one in party, my XP is 26,631,338,134 per mob.

I am confused. I know Party Hunting is boosted extra 100%, but shouldn't that mean that overall XP should be highest when party member is near me, not far away?

@Hime @Juji @PhoenixMitra

Disregard. A clan member explained it to me.