New pvp or new grief?

Can also PK without worry.  Can't drop items to players anymore

They implemented a system that didn't need to be updated, only to realize you could make people go red without them being there.

So they quickly added: "Can't drop items when red" to fix a problem that didn't need to exist in the first place

Now, I can make someone PK me, PK their buffers and let them die to mobs.  I can farm Rival clans for gear while they're AFK.  Fair and Balanced?

Nsoft, pls, im playing classic since 1 day, and now im really thinking about quit because of this update. I cant play anymore, i die from pk in any place i am. Im here for pve, for nostagic, for entertainment... no to waste my time 

• Like 1

Im just speechless for the lack of common sense displayed by ncsoft with this particular update, to elaborate:

1) Killing someone unprovoked should always inflict a penalty, otherwise people can go on mass pk rampages just because they are bored and mess up with the gameplay of others.

2) Moreover killing someone at a lower level than you should inflict bigger penalties depending on the level range.

3) Depending on karma levels severe debuffs should be inflicted on players making it a chore to clear the karma and also making them useless to continue on their pk-ing.

4) Depending on karma people should drop stuff, period. Making pk characters have no drop penalty if killed by another player just allows grieving.

5) This new system with people declaring wars without the other party having any input whatsoever and moreover making the players that autofarm essentially autoflag is plain and simple bad design that promotes grieving and not actual gameplay.

6) The game is already heavily neutered because of multi-boxing and soloing, being part of a clan that actually had some real active clan war or real endgame rivalry just got thrown out of the window since people cant safely autohunt anymore thus noone in his right mind will participate in a clan. Already most top players are clanless. I must say this must be a global first for complete incompetence concerning repercussions caused by a game change.

7) Most importantly, the forum is flooded with threads all saying the same thing as this thread, why dont we have an official statement about the situation? Are they willing to at least discuss and maybe optimize the current changes to something that makes sense? Alot of people are currently considering to quit for a while after the exp event ends to see how things turn out. Please elaborate on this situation and what can we expect moving forward.

8) Lastly, theres a huge thread called Feedback, theres dozens of improvements that are logical and most of them easy to implement in order to create a better game environment for everyone and also make people happy to spend more. Why on earth would you "fix" something that noone ever asked and break the game in such a way when you could just add anything else or even do nothing and there would be no problem. If this was some update done by Korea for some uknown reason and was out of your power to control it, you seriously need to have better understanding of the game mechanics between your teams.

Edited by DukeGr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DukeGr said:

7) Most importantly, the forum is flooded with threads all saying the same thing as this thread, why dont we have an official statement about the situation? Are they willing to at least discuss and maybe optimize the current changes to something that makes sense? Alot of people are currently considering to quit for a while after the exp event ends to see how things turn out. Please elaborate on this situation and what can we expect moving forward.

I tell u why? Cuz they never hear us. For they, we are not important. We play, we pay, we spent money, but, look, we are not important, ours opinion is not important. That is the L2NA Staff.

"7) Most importantly, the forum is flooded with threads all saying the same thing as this thread, why dont we have an official statement about the situation? Are they willing to at least discuss and maybe optimize the current changes to something that makes sense? Alot of people are currently considering to quit for a while after the exp event ends to see how things turn out. Please elaborate on this situation and what can we expect moving forward."

This.  I'm just going to keep spamming these forums for a bit until we get some sort of response.  If not, I'll take my thousands of entertainment dollars a month elsewhere, thanks much

On 10/10/2020 at 10:01 AM, Davinc said:

This.  I'm just going to keep spamming these forums for a bit until we get some sort of response.  If not, I'll take my thousands of entertainment dollars a month elsewhere, thanks much

thousands of entertainment dollars? on this? I play this shit because it reminds me of my childhood and it's free. If they charged even $5 this shit still wouldn't be worth it for how poorly it's run. Had no problem paying the $15 a month when I was like 12 but it was a good game back then. this iteration of L2 is as bleeping embarrassing as putting kamaels in classic.