Known Issue: Exploiting Raid Bosses with Summoned Pets

Hime

• L2 Team

Hello all,

It has come to our attention that raid bosses are being exploited by certain players. The exploit involved summoned pets and breaking the current mechanics with raid bosses. We advise you not to party with players using this exploit nor to use the exploit yourself. We will be addressing this issue with the dev team and in the meantime, any additional attempts to use the exploit may result in sanctions against your account.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Hime said:

The exploit involved summoned pets and breaking the current mechanics with raid bosses.

From NC Soft Salvation patch notes:

The Limit Barrier can be destroyed by attacking it 600 times within the time limit.

Where is it stated the attacks need to be done by a player character only and not summons? Don't get me wrong I'm all for stoping exploits but this seems like a normal mechanic and not an exploit. If you can't document requirements properly in official publications this approach of "emergency posts" on forums is just ridiculous - and questionalbly official.

NC soft Team is well aware of what players heavily exploit the game for years now and this post is just a weak atempt of, yet again, trying to redirect disatisfaction from your failed update of a new game patch.

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

It has come to our attention that raid bosses are being exploited by certain players. The exploit involved summoned pets and breaking the current mechanics with raid bosses. We advise you not to party with players using this exploit nor to use the exploit yourself. We will be addressing this issue with the dev team and in the meantime, any additional attempts to use the exploit may result in sanctions against your account.

Hello,

Give info to us please, what is it “summoned pets”. For me its Turtles, Rose Pets, etc.

Or you talk about Summons Servitors from Wynns? Because its different sense.

Thanks.

• L2 Team

Hello!

Not to leave you all hanging for the rest the night so here's the deal:

We're not actually referring to the new RB shield system with this post and using pets to help do additional hits, it's actually very different thing where the pets are being used in an abnormal way. We're trying to be vague on this to not promote how the actual issue were concerned about is working.

We might look into the Pets+shield thing separately as far adjusting it through an update later, but it's definitely not what we were concerned about right now.

~Thanks

Hi Neutron,

Its nice to see you have detective activity :).

I want to ask you if you know about ncoin issue...you say you sell 400 ncoin for 5 usd but when ppl outside 50 states of america, canada and mexic blablabla try to buy eg Europe you sell 400 ncoins for 5 euro...25% more...and if you are from Uk you pay 5 GBP for 400 ncoin...35% more then rest of world.

This isnt righ at all, especially acording with your website and suport faq:
http://www.lineage2.com/en/marketplace/what-is-ncoin/
https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/205041365-I-am-in-Europe-why-am-I-being-billed-in-USD-for-Lineage-II-purchases-

All non US players should ask their money back, ncsoft just trick us and post lower prices but when payment occur they charge more.

This is a real and serious exploit used by NcSoft to extracharge ppl for ncoin, pls adress this problem asap...I will not pay 25% more just coz you cant make the right parity or dream about USD=EUR=GBP....Im sure you are agee with me that everybody should pay same amount of money for ncoin.

Best regards,

Daniel

12 minutes ago, Pleistoros said:

Hi Neutron,

I want to ask you if you know about ncoin issue...you say you sell 400 ncoin for 5 usd but when ppl outside 50 states of america, canada and mexic blablabla try to buy eg Europe you sell 400 ncoins for 5 euro...25% more...and if you are from Uk you pay 5 GBP for 400 ncoin...35% more then rest of world.

https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/205041365-I-am-in-Europe-why-am-I-being-billed-in-USD-for-Lineage-II-purchases-

All non US players should ask their money back, ncsoft just trick us and post lower prices but when payment occur they charge more.

This is a real and serious exploit used by NcSoft to extracharge ppl for ncoin, pls adress this problem asap...I will not pay 25% more just coz you cant make the right parity or dream about USD=EUR=GBP....Im sure you are agee with me that everybody should pay same amount of money for ncoin.

Best regards,

Daniel

3vKJqc7.gif

And what about cheap element crystals and kain's 5 at the Auction House? Somone selling tons of kains 5 and element crystals everyday for very low price. Market is completely broken beacuse of this.  is there smth i dont know? where did they get them in those numbers everyday? Chronos server.

57 minutes ago, Pleistoros said:

Hi Neutron,

Best regards,

Daniel

Daniel, for this to be changed just contact NC support via ticket. I had different currencies on all of my accounts and were unable to pay membership. Support admins fixed it really fast and changed my acc to $.

Heya, Its a global issue and they should adressed global for all players.

I made a ticket and they refuse to change it, their answer was:

"Greetings,

Just to clarify on this, purchasing NCoin will not only be available to Lineage 2 only but also to other NCSoft games such as: Aion and Blade and Soul, this means that NCoin is available for USD, EUR and GBP currency. Your currency will change based on the location where the purchase is being made. "

Currency is not the problem, denomination is...coz they consider USD=EUR=GBP and artificially charge players with more money.

Imagine 100 gpb mean 134.41 usd, 100 eur mean 117.84 usd...since 1 usd=80 ncoin for 100 euro spend we lose 1427 ncoin and for 100 GBP spend we lose 2752 ncoin.

11 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

Can you explain exactly Raid Curse mean only if USING PETS or also it include  CHARACTERS which can get it (raid curse)?

8 hours ago, Neutron said:

Hello!

Not to leave you all hanging for the rest the night so here's the deal:

We're not actually referring to the new RB shield system with this post and using pets to help do additional hits, it's actually very different thing where the pets are being used in an abnormal way. We're trying to be vague on this to not promote how the actual issue were concerned about is working.

We might look into the Pets+shield thing separately as far adjusting it through an update later, but it's definitely not what we were concerned about right now.

~Thanks

The Wynn+his servitors should count as only 1 hit, not 3 (2 pets hitting + the Wynn himself).This is protection of RBs exploiting too.Consider fixing this.90% of the raids are now killed with multiple Wynns logged and hitting 2 servitors + pet + the wynn itself hits = 4 hits per second or more.You can aswell remove the barier if it stays this way lol.

2 hours ago, mixa said:

The Wynn+his servitors should count as only 1 hit, not 3 (2 pets hitting + the Wynn himself).This is protection of RBs exploiting too.Consider fixing this.90% of the raids are now killed with multiple Wynns logged and hitting 2 servitors + pet + the wynn itself hits = 4 hits per second or more.You can aswell remove the barier if it stays this way lol.

I think barrier still works fine tho, most 101 raids are up for a long time before anyone kills them.

Need almost a full party of toons in "decentish" setup to pull it off, if even one clan war shows up to kill the pets of summoner they have to start over etc. IMO works well

Archived