Returning player wishing to know good plunder areas 100+

Amiroth666

Hi all.

So as the title says me and my cousin are returning players and we played when spoiling was a thing! That however seems to have changed and it's now all integrated into on skill, now my question is as a lv100 where are the best placed to plunder now and going forwards?

Thanks 

• 1 month later...

I'm sure you guys have out-leveled your areas but I will answer the question for anyone looking in the future.

Basically, spoil/plunder has turned into a supplementary skill rather than the class specialty. Granted, you're the only class with that ability, it no longer defines the class. What now defines the class is higher than average PvE damage (due to coin damage buff and old OFS passive).

You wont, or can't rather.. Spoil/plunder anything under 105 if I recall correctly..

• 3 months later...

I am curious as to whether it is in my best interest to continue with my FS. I’ve always loved the idea of spoil/plunder to supplement my income with something I can sell. Basically I am wondering if it is worth the time and effort and will the spoils be relevant and worth a damn.

I talked to another FS in game and asked about the drops. He was still in low 100s so only thing he was getting was fragments of something that when combined would sell for what seems to be a decent price. I’m not, nor I have I ever been concerned with being the top pve/pvp toon, I just want something enjoyable and not too stressful. I am currently boxing an ISS and it seems to be a good combo Pre-99. 

any thoughts on if it will stay a viable grinding/farming option

will the plunder make it a decent income supplement??

Or am I wasting my time? 

on a side note, I’m on the fence with this auto-hunt button. I was using it and just hitting various skill buttons every so often. Things were going well until I nodded off and started drooling on my desk!!

On 2/20/2021 at 11:52 AM, Bloodstryke said:

I am curious as to whether it is in my best interest to continue with my FS. I’ve always loved the idea of spoil/plunder to supplement my income with something I can sell. Basically I am wondering if it is worth the time and effort and will the spoils be relevant and worth a damn.

I talked to another FS in game and asked about the drops. He was still in low 100s so only thing he was getting was fragments of something that when combined would sell for what seems to be a decent price. I’m not, nor I have I ever been concerned with being the top pve/pvp toon, I just want something enjoyable and not too stressful. I am currently boxing an ISS and it seems to be a good combo Pre-99. 

any thoughts on if it will stay a viable grinding/farming option

will the plunder make it a decent income supplement??

Or am I wasting my time? 

on a side note, I’m on the fence with this auto-hunt button. I was using it and just hitting various skill buttons every so often. Things were going well until I nodded off and started drooling on my desk!!

A dagger, any of the types, if properly geared can be a very viable option, and solo anywhere with an ISS as you described.

About spoil, it's nothing to write home about. The spoiler's other unique aspects like the coin buff, self pom, and mainly front facing play style make it unique. If you enjoy the class, I suggest staying with it. 

All othels are viable as long as the are played correctly. The only class I dislike is advtenurer. The front facing aspect is done poorly imo. On spoiler it's done correctly. Wind rider is all about flanks, and the strongest pve dagger imo. Ghost hunter is all about rear damage, and shadow chase is very important.

For afk xp, get a mouse or keyboard from Logitech or razor and use a repeat macro to spam your dps skills. That is way faster xp than in game macro. 

Also, don't use crit wound.

Edit:

End game fsrming toi solo, a spoiler would be very good there. The mobs are immune to status effects. Front facing setup of spolier theoretically should farm good, possibly best of all Daggers. I'd love a pts to test this sometime... 

I play daggers since 2004.All daggers has unique skills and all of them are powerful.Dagger class is the most fun to play in my opinion.Fortune Seeker is a PVE monster but lack of damage on PVP. “Spoil” will not feel your hands & pockets with adena,only you can farm augment crystals fragments.Choose a class that you like to play my friend and enjoy your free time :)

Thx to both of you for the insight. I also have played and loved daggers since ‘04. I dabbled with other classes but dagger was my “go to” guy.  I definitely like the forward facing style over rear and flanks..that requires a bit more effort (not that I’m lazy) and someone  to hold aggro so you can get to those spots.  As of right now I’m just solo two-boxing so it seems the FS is the best option for a dagger for me and my situation. I don’t expect plunder to make me the richest toon on the server, I just like having that little extra something.  And if they will be accepted in parties later, that just helps even more. 
I’m just finding the grind from 99 to 100 to be insanely slow.  I am still using the free R grade stuff cuz I cannot even come close to affording the good stuff folks are selling and I am trying hard to not buy Ncoin to get the 30 day stuff....trying hard!!

On 2/26/2021 at 12:16 PM, Bloodstryke said:

Thx to both of you for the insight. I also have played and loved daggers since ‘04. I dabbled with other classes but dagger was my “go to” guy.  I definitely like the forward facing style over rear and flanks..that requires a bit more effort (not that I’m lazy) and someone  to hold aggro so you can get to those spots.  As of right now I’m just solo two-boxing so it seems the FS is the best option for a dagger for me and my situation. I don’t expect plunder to make me the richest toon on the server, I just like having that little extra something.  And if they will be accepted in parties later, that just helps even more. 
I’m just finding the grind from 99 to 100 to be insanely slow.  I am still using the free R grade stuff cuz I cannot even come close to affording the good stuff folks are selling and I am trying hard to not buy Ncoin to get the 30 day stuff....trying hard!!

Dynasty pack and the 30 day boss jewel pack are both very good purchase ideas. They will greatly change your pve experience and xp gain. 

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Niph said:

What do you guys mean by front facing play style?
I don't really get it

A ghost hunter's focus is back stabs on the rear of the target. The wind rider is all about the flanks, spoiler has no front facing penalty and is similar to adventurer in that it can stab a front facing mob without penalty. 

However, they won't hit as hard as a ghost hunter from the rear.