Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Hime

2 hours ago, b0uff0s said:

you do not need xp, adenas, farming spots, and items to farm really. Here, have a new shiny lootbox. Why does this increasingly aggressive push of lookboxes feel like a dying breath of this game?

aggressive lootbox promotions, a raid that gives angel scrolls? and a 1 min herb that actually looks great... Great decision making. 

To the decision making team out there: 

What is your product here? What is making ppl stay here? Nostalgia is long gone. Overwhelming xp for the time invested got ppl to flood the servers with every toon they had. Prestige sales should have peaked and xp areas got overcrowded. That is over. What now? How are you gonna keep those logged ppl here? Gambling lootboxes keep ppl here? Lootboxes are the only way to get stuff since you removed every other means of gearing up. They are not the reason ppl are still here.

See the prestige sales drop like a rock. AGAIN. 

On the other hand, i think to myself as i check what i write. What do I care? i was about to leave this game the week the crazy xp started. That got me to stay a bit more. Was a compulsive choice.  It even got me renew prestige once more. The rewards for investing time were barely good enough. Now as things move back to what was considered normal for NC i'm not willing to put up with it again. I'm on my way out of this anyway. 

again to the people willing to put up with this and forget easily what's happening, gl to you all.

Can i have your stuff?

No seriously you know how many times I have heard this.  I have some clannies who done this multiple times and kick themselves everytime they throw everything away like they going to quit for good, many many never do.  If want to quit good take a break from the game, but chances you will be back until they close these servers its been proven time and time again, some come back for a month, some come back for a year but everyone comes back lol.

• Like 1

Thats what we needed long time ago.. tired of getting spiritshots with weight penalty and mana woun't regen.. more events with SHOTS!!!!!!!

Soulshot Ticket

Using the Dimensional Merchant, you can exchange the ticket for a Soulshot, Blessed Spiritshot, Beast Soulshot, or Beast Spiritshot.

6 Halloween Candy

9,000 Adena

53 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

Can i have your stuff?

No seriously you know how many times I have heard this.  I have some clannies who done this multiple times and kick themselves everytime they throw everything away like they going to quit for good, many many never do.  If want to quit good take a break from the game, but chances you will be back until they close these servers its been proven time and time again, some come back for a month, some come back for a year but everyone comes back lol.

i;d rather resupply my stuff to the market like everyone does, i can mail you the leftover garbage if that makes you feel special

So, first off, this post is not for you, so how many times you personally have heard this is of no interest to anyone. Good for you.

if you enjoy what you call l2 in 2020 good for you. is anyone shitting on your opinions of how you enjoy yourself? BUT, when dissatisfied customers express problems they have, they are not solved in a reasonable period of time you have to understand THEY ARE NOT BOUND HERE LIKE YOU. We are not forced to be here, and you certainly are not either the spokesperson of NC nor the gatekeeper of the game. When the service provided for the cash requested is sufficient we'll be clients here, when not we can and will gtfo. What i want is a better service, i list what my problems are and suggest solutions. If for some reason teh money asked do not fulfill my needs, or what i consider to be fair trade i find no reason to be here. 

Whether you like it or not your opinion on the subject means nothing. IF on the other hand you got some argument for the amounts of real money you need to pour into a game in order to actually play and ofc any arguments for the lack of game content we are all ears. 

Edited by b0uff0s

See and that is where I don't understand people.

NcSoft saw the boat was about to go down the whirlpool after the last update and have make concrete steps in the right direction the last 2 months with events and trying to fix issues, adding perm items that are not in other areas to fix issues just experienced here because it is a different population.  Pushing Varka and Ketra updates out sooner then scheduled to add more areas to game.

They tried to fix the mana bug it backfired and they had to roll back the servers yes it sucked but They tried.  They are not microsoft or google or even major software developer so to expect miracles overnights is kind of weird. 

If your not happy with the game great.  I was about to stop playing after the last update but when they took a interest in what would make majority of the population happy I took a step back and played lets see what happens, am I 100% happy with their response no but it is better than has been in years.  So take that at is, you cannot make everyone happy all the time but you can make some people happy some of the time.

48 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

NcSoft saw the boat was about to go down the whirlpool after the last update and have make concrete steps in the right direction the last 2 months with events and trying to fix issues, adding perm items that are not in other areas to fix issues just experienced here because it is a different population.  Pushing Varka and Ketra updates out sooner then scheduled to add more areas to game.

They tried to fix the mana bug it backfired and they had to roll back the servers yes it sucked but They tried.  They are not microsoft or google or even major software developer so to expect miracles overnights is kind of weird. 

If your not happy with the game great.  I was about to stop playing after the last update but when they took a interest in what would make majority of the population happy I took a step back and played lets see what happens, am I 100% happy with their response no but it is better than has been in years.  So take that at is, you cannot make everyone happy all the time but you can make some people happy some of the time.

I agree with you a small part, but mostly what you say is a crap. Let me put it to you like this:

West is the only server which don't have a test server. Every time they screw up an update or something else is because we are the "rats" that are testing and screaming and QQ'ing @.  If they had a test server to implement the updates, some personal to test the zones, test some bugs it was different i guarantee you. They get the patch, they implement hey hey hurray and after 30 mins fail.

So don't be so happy, is like i give you a sh1t, you eat it and after i try to give u some cakes to remove your sh1t taste. Those things are normal to work from start. 

Juji + Hime 2 people against so many, trying the best, i don't throw my blame on them. Is the way it is but let's be realistic atleast.

Hope no offence taken, 

Regards

Edited by Nastyyy

1 hour ago, Healingbewbs said:

Yes, take this pro right here. Barely a week after saying he's "done" and he's inquiring about rates in today's maintenance ^_^

that pro uses to run with adrenaline to pull for the akamanah retributer on naia, he will never give up, but he thinks to be spender enough to be important for NcSoft

6 minutes ago, Nastyyy said:

I agree with you a small part, but mostly what you say is a crap. Let me put it to you like this:

West is the only server which don't have a test server. Every time they screw up an update or something else is because we are the "rats" that are testing and screaming and QQ'ing @.  If they had a test server to implement the updates, some personal to test the zones, test some bugs it was different i guarantee you. They get the patch, they implement hey hey hurray and after 30 mins fail.

So don't be so happy, is like i give you a sh1t, you eat it and after i try to give u some cakes to remove your sh1t taste. Those things are normal to work from start. 

Juji + Hime 2 people against so many, trying the best, i don't throw my blame on them. Is the way it is but let's be realistic atleast.

Hope no offence taken, 

Regards

Listen we use to have a test server here.  That is gone.

We use to have a HGM and SGM on the forums they are both gone (not even sure they have HGM anymore)

They have a lot less personal dedicated to these servers than even 2 years ago nevermind 5 - 10 years ago.

I agree it sucks, we are red headed step children of the L2 world they are not even servers with US times in the US market lol somehow the NA server got changed to Eastern Brazil time zone server even though the company based in Central and Western US lol so how they even let that happened is beyond me but it kills me for some events.  Like the event is happening at 8PM server time, which 6pm EST, but 3pm PST which is middle of work day for most people /shrugs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slycutter said:

Listen we use to have a test server here.  That is gone.

We use to have a HGM and SGM on the forums they are both gone (not even sure they have HGM anymore)

They have a lot less personal dedicated to these servers than even 2 years ago nevermind 5 - 10 years ago.

I agree it sucks, we are red headed step children of the L2 world they are not even servers with US times in the US market lol somehow the NA server got changed to Eastern Brazil time zone server even though the company based in Central and Western US lol so how they even let that happened is beyond me but it kills me for some events.  Like the event is happening at 8PM server time, which 6pm EST, but 3pm PST which is middle of work day for most people /shrugs.

That's a far better opinion, i am here since many years ago. I know all the drama but that server was fine, they just had to employee more personal. I agree 100% with your down mentioned opinion. For me is 18 GMT+2 :) so server maintenance is just lol for me. 

15 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

The problem is Varka and Ketra only affect a very small percentage of players that are high enough to go there and is creating an even bigger gap between the "haves" and "have-nots" of the server.  Nothing has been fixed as of yet for 95% of the population.  People who can AoE those areas are progressing 100s of times faster than people who don't.  You see people go from 111 to 112 faster than most people can go from 108 to 109.

There are a lot of great events which is making the game playable for now, but band-aid solutions only work IF they are working on a long-term plan, which I hope they still are, even though we haven't heard anything of it yet.  Many of us suggested 1000s of ways to make this game better.  Unless many of those are applied, some day the events will run out, and the game will return to its same unplayable state.  Many other games and software companies have a product owner who will give updates of what the team is working on and reassure the players that things will be improving.  NCSoft/NCWest remains silent, so I don't blame people for expecting the worse, because NCSoft gives no indication to the contrary.

It's been over a month since they asked for our feedback, we haven't heard anything back to see if/what they plan to do with those suggestions.

• Like 1