Silly question about dragon weapon

EviAgnieska

The fragment is, for all intents and purposes, crafting material although if I'm not mistaken I've read a post in this forum that stated you can use it like an other weapon but the only benefit is the (relatively) high p.atk/m.atk compared to standard R99/R110 weapons. Might be useful levelling boxes past the 90s if so. Fragments have no features enabled.

• Like 1

A Dragon Fragment has higher P.atk and M.Atk than a normal weapon. But you cannot assign an element attribute, you cannot augment it, you cannot give it any SA or a soul crystal of any kind. Of course, it cannot be enchanted. The fragments can be upgraded to full Dragon Weapons, but it is VERY VERY VERY expensive to do that. Trillions of adena expensive.

A full Dragon Weapon (Standard) is what the Dragon Fragment becomes after you upgrade it once. It has element attribute around 500, has built in SA bonus, can be given a special soul crystal, and generally speaking is superior to even the most highest over-enchanted Limited R110 weapon. Having said that, for what it costs to make a DW Standard you can attempt to OE dozens of R110 weapons to +25 or higher.

As suggested, a Dragon Weapon Standard can be further upgraded to higher level stages, all with increased SA bonuses. You have to be rich, lucky, or willing to scam your clan mates for dragon claws in order to make a Stage 2 or higher. xD

On 10/17/2020 at 3:43 AM, FatherFortuitous said:

A Dragon Fragment has higher P.atk and M.Atk than a normal weapon. But you cannot assign an element attribute, you cannot augment it, you cannot give it any SA or a soul crystal of any kind. Of course, it cannot be enchanted. The fragments can be upgraded to full Dragon Weapons, but it is VERY VERY VERY expensive to do that. Trillions of adena expensive.

A full Dragon Weapon (Standard) is what the Dragon Fragment becomes after you upgrade it once. It has element attribute around 500, has built in SA bonus, can be given a special soul crystal, and generally speaking is superior to even the most highest over-enchanted Limited R110 weapon. Having said that, for what it costs to make a DW Standard you can attempt to OE dozens of R110 weapons to +25 or higher.

As suggested, a Dragon Weapon Standard can be further upgraded to higher level stages, all with increased SA bonuses. You have to be rich, lucky, or willing to scam your clan mates for dragon claws in order to make a Stage 2 or higher. xD

You actually can Augment and put Shilien/Mystic SA on a fragment.

You can also use it as normal weapon, but you don't get the passive (Dragon Mage / Dragon Fighter) and no Elemental attribute.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:35 AM, mixa said:

You actually can Augment and put Shilien/Mystic SA on a fragment.

You can??? I remember trying once during last update with Dragon augment stone and it wouldn't let me. I'll buy one and try again. If so, DW fragments are now in play. A bow fragment with 20% - 30% p. skill crit damage is still better than exalted for some archers if the rest of their equipment is good. Or a tank with a DW fragment with a +++ % Health augment with also  the Shilen augment is also better than an enchanted exalted cutter. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, FatherFortuitous said:

You can??? I remember trying once during last update with Dragon augment stone and it wouldn't let me. I'll buy one and try again. If so, DW fragments are now in play. A bow fragment with 20% - 30% p. skill crit damage is still better than exalted for some archers if the rest of their equipment is good. Or a tank with a DW fragment with a +++ % Health augment with also  the Shilen augment is also better than an enchanted exalted cutter. 

Oh c mon, dont be sily...ofc you cant...read description....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, FatherFortuitous said:

Something has changed about the augment, I stand corrected on that. Although I know a dorf that has an augment on avenger fragment....

On 10/22/2020 at 2:04 AM, mixa said:

Something has changed about the augment, I stand corrected on that. Although I know a dorf that has an augment on avenger fragment....

I see the cause for confusion. On some DW fragment types it indicates that you can't augment hem, but on other types NCSoft leave that off, which gives players the idea that if it doesn't say no, then it means yes.

• Like 2