Server Politics and Sides

Raistlin

Hi guys,

I'm an old player, start in C3 and quit in Kamael (march 2008). I dunno why but I restart in Classic from few mounth. In my day there were mainly 2 Sides, a lot of clan and people but 2 big alliance in war that competing for castles and epic boss (a lot of pvp for epic boss!!!).

Now is different a lot of things change but i would understand what happends in the server. How many sides are there? There is only one Siege (Giran) WHY???

Why the map is incomplete? I can't see Heine (old map) and Runes-Shuttgard.

Anyway my first impression is the server is too calm: not wars and pvps just a lot of pve... I hope i'm wrong just because i'm exping and i don't see endgame spot like TOI, LOA and DV (usually in my time in the endgame spot there were everytime pvp).

Thanks for reply, i want just understand how work the server and if i want/can play there.

• 2 weeks later...

My  story with l2 is very similiar and I have the same questions and observations. Also I would like to know what is the server real population. I went through some key areas of C3 to Interlude eras and I didn't see much people - many buffers on multibox. I'll check some key RB locations today - if there is no PvP, then server is in agony or is dead.

22 hours ago, Zlyskur said:

My  story with l2 is very similiar and I have the same questions and observations. Also I would like to know what is the server real population. I went through some key areas of C3 to Interlude eras and I didn't see much people - many buffers on multibox. I'll check some key RB locations today - if there is no PvP, then server is in agony or is dead.

What server you played ? I was in Bartz but reroll in Teon when open

• 4 weeks later...

Some things to consider:

- There is not need of lots of "WAR" since they removed the PK penalties.
- Retaliate AFK is a lot easier (The beauty of Autohunt feature).
- As you may know L2 is a game where top+old players are so much powerful that 90% of the server can't stand a chance.
- Server drops are nerfed as hell to  force you to save Adena buying shots from Store (main monetization model here on Classic) this also reflects on gear up difficulty, so there is a small chance of "new forces" appearing. 

I do not advice you on trying "PvP" by spots, just join the strongest side and enjoy the hegemony. ;)