Forums

Old users comming back need some help.

Chibiusa

Hi, I'm comming back to the game after a couple years and i notice most of the people who tries to come back to the game and has 105+ are wearing Dynasty Set, Weapon and Jewerly, wich is lame, Twilight Paulina + Jewerly + Apoca Weapon from Awakening class quest should be able to get at least with mentee coins,or even by some low nc coin price or any other way than just create a new character, because unlike other people mention in this thread the system don't give you a Paulina Gear when you reset your class, that's just on the 4th job class change, and if you reset your dual class you just got a new awakened 85 class, you can do the quest again. When i left R99 sets were the top grade and they were really expensive so i didn't get many sets for all my chars and many people didn't even have a chance to get a single set, so R Grade Paulina can be really helpful.

I know create a new character is way better, i'm using a new character and the game is actually really good right now, but there are too many things in old toons that we can't get not even hard right now, i really would like use my old characters where i have all my past event stuff, my enchanted skills, my still expensive dyes, Augment weapons for Olympiad and of course all NC coins items i ever purchased that i can't pass to other characters. 

Do you guys want people who come back to game stay? then please make this happen @Hime @Juji @Cyan, i know plenty of people who wanna comeback this can be the incentive they need to stay. Old players ofc know new people and they cna bring them to the game too, is just a people feedback.

I don't get what you are saying. People coming back to the game after years, but they have level 105+ chars? And those are in S grade gear?? Didn't basically EVERYONE get immortal sets back then, I know all of my awakened chars had bound/event immortal sets and requiem weapons although the highest char I had when I came back some weeks ago was only 89.

Take the old chars and do the exalted quest from Lionel Hunter in Heine and you have a full set of Exalted armor + weapon which is better than twilight and apo weapon.

When i came back after 6 years I did this with almost 20 old chars that I had on several accounts. The best I had on them were requiem weapons, the worst were some enchanted A grade (a Soul Bow +8 and a Soul Seperator +5) and I still managed to get my exalted gear with all of them.

Regardless of it being totally possible to get the exalted stuff in a reasonable amount of time, I agree that every returning player should just be given these paulina boxes for free. Every new char gets that stuff at level 40 (!!), why not just give it to all others coming back to the game too.

No.  I had people that were 103/104 when they quit but were in twilight and apoc weapons.  No one got free gear like exalted quest line before.  Yea i do find it odd they cannot get the level 40 box some of their jewels could be worse than the paulina ones.

3 hours ago, Rangur said:

I don't get what you are saying. 

Perhaps, he's talking about that paulina R was time limited.

Then, in his case, go to the store, buy r99 paulina for 500 nc and go on. It will be enough to make Lionel's quests.

Or create new DD and pull up oldies.

Edited by LordDragnil
Minor improvements

1 hour ago, Slycutter said:

No.  I had people that were 103/104 when they quit but were in twilight and apoc weapons.  No one got free gear like exalted quest line before.  Yea i do find it odd they cannot get the level 40 box some of their jewels could be worse than the paulina ones.

That is weird. When I reached awakening levels back after GOD release, a full event event set of immortal armor and requiem weapon was available for the Diplomas you got for awakening (unless you managed to live under a rock until then and never had a mentor). This still happened many years later as someone still posted about it in 2018:

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/8362-r-grade/?do=findComment&comment=70079

I don't know in which patch they took this possibility away, but I wonder when those hypothetic people who all come back now and have this trouble started playing and when they quit.

-If they started before April 2018 (I just take that one post as reference when that gear was still freely available) they should not be in S grade but have the free R grade stuff

-If they started after that post from 2018 (and those items were no longer available), how did they reach 105+ in S grade gear in the little time they played (and why don't they have the paulina gear that seems to have replaced the option of getting immortal / requiem from diplomas)

The scenario just doesn't make a lot of sense to me....

it was time limited 30 day sets back then not perm sets like the exalted.  Also they had no sas or abilities on them like exalted does if your talking about the steel guild ones which were trash pretty much too.

Also there an issue if you were mentor before (IE below level 40) you couldn't be mentored again just because you came back, not sure when that bug was addressed but that stopped a lot of people who were in there 50 - 70's when they quit from the getting the diploma gear also.

Edited by Slycutter

No I am not talking about either. The post I linked talks about what I talk about. There was free R grade items for everyone after awakening and reaching 86. Not time limited, permanent R grade event gear.

This website from back in 2012 describes the system: https://sanosblog.wordpress.com/2012/05/28/mentoring-system-whats-is-it-and-how-it-works/

And this is from the official website, upon reaching level 86 you graduated and got 40 diplomas, with which you could buy low R grade permanent armor set, weapon and jewels:

http://www.discoverlineage2.com/en/game/patch-notes/goddess-of-destruction/parties-vitality-and-xp/mentoring-system.php

AND you could still mix and match and choose what you want. You could even choose to take two different R grade armor sets (for example robes and light) for your diplomas instead of one armor set and a weapon. Here is a youtube video of someone using this system in 2017:

https://youtu.be/qcpbfuVXFVI?t=303

Edited by Rangur
  • Like 1

Correct, anyone who awakened as a mentee received certificates which you used for bound Immortal armors, Requiem weapons, shots, jewelry, etc. I still have that stuff in some of my characters' WHs. 

Also, not too many updates back it was possible for players to go to TI, talk to Raina (sp?) and receive Twilight and Apoc gear whenever you changed your dual/subclass. I did that multiple times and some of my characters have every Twilight armor type and every Apoc weapon type for the various classes. Not the greatest, but in a pinch they get the job done. I don't know why they changed this feature without at least replacing it with the Paulina R grade boxes.

As someone said, the best ppl can do now is submit a request to NCSupport and see if they'll help them out.

18 hours ago, FatherFortuitous said:

[...]

As someone said, the best ppl can do now is submit a request to NCSupport and see if they'll help them out.

I tried that yesterday. My request was refused and they said all of my characters already received the 90-day version of the Paulina R-grade set, which is complete nonsense. The characters I asked them about were between 40 and 85, with the one char that was level 85 not yet having been awakened back then (it was a warcryer and I loved the drain so much that I held off awakening him so I could keep the drain a bit longer haha).

Back then there was no paulina set. You did not get R-grade before level 85, and especially not at level 40 like todays madness!!

Yet I was told my chars all received that set, their system says so. It probably says so for every existing character on their servers with the flag of "having received that set" being stupidly set sometime for every char that was over level 40. That's my assumption, because why else would a level 52 character wearing bound B-grade armor have received an R-grade Paulina set in 2014?!

On 10/22/2020 at 5:17 AM, Rangur said:

I tried that yesterday. My request was refused and they said all of my characters already received the 90-day version of the Paulina R-grade set, which is complete nonsense. The characters I asked them about were between 40 and 85, with the one char that was level 85 not yet having been awakened back then (it was a warcryer and I loved the drain so much that I held off awakening him so I could keep the drain a bit longer haha).

Back then there was no paulina set. You did not get R-grade before level 85, and especially not at level 40 like todays madness!!

Yet I was told my chars all received that set, their system says so. It probably says so for every existing character on their servers with the flag of "having received that set" being stupidly set sometime for every char that was over level 40. That's my assumption, because why else would a level 52 character wearing bound B-grade armor have received an R-grade Paulina set in 2014?!

I bet when they updated they coded it in a way to show that all of the characters already received it. Nothing surprises me any more with this game. It's too bad. Up to you how to proceed next. You can either buy temp R99 weapon and armor from NCStore, or use those Ncoins instead to do RMT Light and buy stuff in shop to sell to other players. I don't recommend selling ncoin. Trust no one in this game. :D 

On 10/24/2020 at 1:25 AM, FatherFortuitous said:

I bet when they updated they coded it in a way to show that all of the characters already received it. Nothing surprises me any more with this game. It's too bad. Up to you how to proceed next. You can either buy temp R99 weapon and armor from NCStore, or use those Ncoins instead to do RMT Light and buy stuff in shop to sell to other players. I don't recommend selling ncoin. Trust no one in this game. :D 

I have a suspicion that it is connected to an ancient Paulina Set that you used to get long ago at low level, which was time-limited but definitely not R-grade. I actually got one more reply by a head GM finally mentioning that I got a "previous version" of the paulina set. At the same time telling me if I answer to the ticket again I may be ignored....

I am definitely not giving them money for this. My chars received a lowlevel set many years ago. NCSoft made sure that everything from back then is cmpletely pointless, it even tells me when reading the tooltip of some of my treasured items I spent much time on "This is an old piece of equipment and useless". Thanks for shoving it in my face like that.

The past is the past. Having gotten some lowlevel timelimited crap 6-8 years ago making them refuse to give me the new set when starting to play again just like they give to EVERY other char that is made today is not something that makes me want to give them money in return. I will level them up the hard way with other chars - or just quit again and maybe check back if things got any better in a year or so. Being a summoner main, all the things I read about Wynns don't exactly make me want to stay either.

The problem there is even if you get Exalted equipment it won't be good enough to solo hunt with a Wynn even with buffs once you get 103+. The low adena drop rates and lack of quests will just bleep you off even more. One way or another everyone is driven to the L2Store. Either to participate in events in hopes of getting a prize that makes you rich/gives you equipment you can use, or to sell the L2Store items to other players for adena. I don't want to discourage you, but that's a really steep mountain you're about to climb.

I don't know when it happened, but at some point this game became one that you can only play if you have disposable income. If you go into it not wanting to spend any money, you're going to hit a wall. Even if you spend a little money in L2Store, when you research how much it costs, for example, to upgrade a basic R110 weapon to an Enchanted R110 weapon to a Bloody or Dark R110 weapon then finally to a Limited weapon -- we're talking several tens of billions of adena -- well, you see why some people wonder if any of it is worth it. Yes, lots of people still play this game, but very few play it without reaching for their wallets, even if it's only once every 6-8 months when a really good "event" happens.