Welcome

Hime

On 07/12/2017 at 2:48 AM, Hime said:

Welcome Adventurers. Welcome to the new Lineage II forums!

You will notice that you cannot upload a new avatar. One of the forum features we wish to add later down the line is a gallery of relevant avatars for you to select to best match your mood and/or personality. Currently, your avatar is the first letterof your forum name, we can either keep that functionality or have everybody use the same avatar until we have an avatar gallery.

Please use the Forum Code of Conduct as a guideline to your discussions and reactions to content posted and/or shared.

If somebody took your forum name, please reach out to us at L2community[at]ncsoft.com. Let us know your current forum name and the one you had on the old forums, and we will look into it.

The old forums are available here as read only: http://boards.lineage2.com/.

Enjoy your stay and we'll see you around!

so  we wont be able to  upload our own avatars?

@hime Just browsed a handful of threads, it's great to see new forums with the old service. Lots of valid questions, nothing but crickets.  What exactly is the point of a NC hosted forums if the goal seems to be to ignore the player base? I personally don't have any questions, but I'm also still learning a lot. But I've seen some well seasoned folks who aren't just throwing around garbage accusation with legitimate questions and not a single interjection from the NC team.  Looking forward to the eventual hundreds/thousands of unanswered questions in the near future.  haha.

• L2 Team
18 hours ago, Nefyrion said:

@hime Just browsed a handful of threads, it's great to see new forums with the old service. Lots of valid questions, nothing but crickets.  What exactly is the point of a NC hosted forums if the goal seems to be to ignore the player base? I personally don't have any questions, but I'm also still learning a lot. But I've seen some well seasoned folks who aren't just throwing around garbage accusation with legitimate questions and not a single interjection from the NC team.  Looking forward to the eventual hundreds/thousands of unanswered questions in the near future.  haha.

The goal of having our own hosted forums is for players to come together and chat among themselves. While yes you can do that with other community sites as well, it is a given that there will be official forums and this is one. On official forums, you can find official communication on issues and other potentially relevant information.

• L2 Team
On 12/9/2017 at 9:17 AM, OzDragon said:

@Hime

Thanx for the old forum Link. As it dose contain the rich history of how we as a community became what we are today.

Will the old forums be deleted and what time frame are we looking at? 

If so,

Why delete so much history? 

It will not be deleted, and we're looking at potentially a 3-6 month time frame before we take it offline.

5 minutes ago, Hime said:

The goal of having our own hosted forums is for players to come together and chat among themselves. While yes you can do that with other community sites as well, it is a given that there will be official forums and this is one. On official forums, you can find official communication on issues and other potentially relevant information.

I appreciate the response, but it glazes over the meat of my post. While it's completely understandable that you cannot address every single question. It begs the question why can't you address the ones that are popping up in multiple threads? Even something along the lines of why you can't answer it in detail is better than simply ignoring it.  The players asking these questions are generally well versed in how L2 runs and aren't seeking player advice, many times directly asking NCWest, You, Neutron or other community managers.  We know you are on here a lot and that you see them, hell these new forums even allow us to see what you have responded to in a very easy to digest manner.  Gonna have to do better.

On 12/6/2017 at 8:48 PM, Hime said:

Welcome Adventurers. Welcome to the new Lineage II forums!

You will notice that you cannot upload a new avatar. One of the forum features we wish to add later down the line is a gallery of relevant avatars for you to select to best match your mood and/or personality. Currently, your avatar is the first letterof your forum name, we can either keep that functionality or have everybody use the same avatar until we have an avatar gallery.

Please use the Forum Code of Conduct as a guideline to your discussions and reactions to content posted and/or shared.

If somebody took your forum name, please reach out to us at L2community[at]ncsoft.com. Let us know your current forum name and the one you had on the old forums, and we will look into it.

The old forums are available here as read only: http://boards.lineage2.com/.

Enjoy your stay and we'll see you around!

On 12/13/2017 at 11:58 AM, Hime said:

It will not be deleted, and we're looking at potentially a 3-6 month time frame before we take it offline.

Old Forums not working already... brings up Register only, no link to log-in, no Index for Read-only. Nothing accessible.

Archive link at the bottom works... no search or links to poster's other content etc.

https://boards.lineage2.com/archive/index.php

On 12/15/2017 at 1:49 PM, SAXnVl0LlNS said:

Old Forums not working already... brings up Register only, no link to log-in, no Index for Read-only. Nothing accessible.

Archive link at the bottom works... no search or links to poster's other content etc.

https://boards.lineage2.com/archive/index.php

OK I think I've figured out the Problem... I tried to register on New Forums with the e-mail I used on Old Forums and it told me e-mail not Available, so I used an e-mail from a different Account(which had not been registered on the Old Forums) now any links to Old Forums bring up Start Registration Page for Old Forums(but Registration is disabled) Now I can login to New Forums with my original e-mail, first time it asked for Display Name... and links to Old Forums work, but I can't post anything on New Forums from my original e-mail login yet(waiting for support)

As the Old Forums are Read-only and Veterans will be posting links for New Players... the Register page should NOT block  those links for e-mails not registered on the Old Forums.

Aaaand Now it lets me Register my New e-mail on the Old Forums... It was just bringing me back to Start Registration Page after entering info and clicking the register button.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hime unpinned this topic

Archived