Players are still able to exploit the restoration system to overchant many end-game items

GoldBar

Issue is there no way for a normal player to even see or touch a real dragon weapon (not counting events) so the gap between top people and everything else is a huge divide.  I don't have anyway to come up with a few trillion adena to buy a dragon weapon if someone that has one willing to sell it.

Well, in theory, there shouldn't be an easy way for most normal players to get a +30 Limited weapon, either. Or even a +16 one. But here we are.  NCSoft wants players to finally take advantage of all of the content in game, including high overenchants. That's the real reason why what people are calling exploits is being allowed. Otherwise, there'd be no restoration, no Gold save, nothing. Then we'd really see who the best enchanters in the game are. :D

Those who think that high level enchantments are only due to restoration feats :" so you think some people don't have enough money to do it honestly, so you think too to chronos is full of cheaters, and you'll have to get used to it because in the future we'll see more and more high level items, and that there will always be inequalities, i's not different here, that's how life is".

those who think that high chance means 50%: "you have to understand the probabilitie".

Between those who think that we are on an illegal server : "the domain name is ncsoft.com and on which site you downloaded the game is nc soft .com ok so we are on the official one.

Between those who think that gms are corrupt: "of course they're going to risk their career here, knowing that all items have identifiers, imagine maybe in your delirium, that there's only one person who does everything to L2 yes yes, maybe in this case... but there's not only one person and this kind of accusation is based on nothing, and it's disrespectful, you give them a bad image. I can imagine what they must be saying to each other when they read this kind of things".

Between those who think that when you open a box of event: "you're going to get everything it can hold, and all the items you want, "well not necessarily !"

Between all those who believe that they are obliged to put money into the game," well no one is obliged to do anything here, but indeed we just are strongly  encourage".

I want to tell you, learn to think for yourselves, and don't believe everything you hear, because it's even easier to talk nonsense behind a computer than in real life.
I took the time to answer but frankly it pisses me off.

Thanks !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Chanix said:

Those who think that high level enchantments are only due to restoration feats :" so you think some people don't have enough money to do it honestly, so you think too to chronos is full of cheaters, and you'll have to get used to it because in the future we'll see more and more high level items, and that there will always be inequalities, i's not different here, that's how life is".

There is no way to get to the level of enchant without failing regardless of bonuses or money.  Even if that was case for 1 how do you have multiple cases of that?  There are not even that many enchants out there that would allow you to do that.

If do a probability or statistically analysis of the chance gf getting to +20 or +25 or +30 it gets 100x times worse every enchant you go up.

If you understand advance math here it is: (Probability was based on a 50%chance of success, Probability A was the chance of 30 successful enchant, I could get more technical but chances it happens is 0.5^30 so you think about infinitesimal small of a chance that is.   Sexdecillionth place is power 51.  1 in a trillion is 12 place btw. :)

Probability of A occuring 30 time(s) = 0.530 = 9.3132257461548E-10

Probability of A NOT occuring = (1 - 0.5)30 = 9.3132257461548E-10

Edited by Slycutter

Guys, really...

The ones that win are the ones that know the law$/rule$ and use them at their favour.

The game is not a democracy, it is ruled by a corporation and while the quarter report show positive numbers there is no reason to get (or favour) new fresh players. Keep the game as is and generate scarcity of resources is pratically what keeps that "amazing" boxes selling. They have an excellent live ops team to keeping us behind the carrot.

In the end I think that most from us just have the "realistic" goal in become something a bit higher than another random (as me and you maybe), lets be sincere, we will not beat a Dragon Weapon owner and really few from us has the competence to make a strong enough ally and farm them. 

"Revolution" is another game :D

1 hour ago, Slycutter said:

There is no way to get to the level of enchant without failing regardless of bonuses or money.  Even if that was case for 1 how do you have multiple cases of that?  There are not even that many enchants out there that would allow you to do that.

If do a probability or statistically analysis of the chance gf getting to +20 or +25 or +30 it gets 100x times worse every enchant you go up.

If you understand advance math here it is: (Probability was based on a 50%chance of success, Probability A was the chance of 30 successful enchant, I could get more technical but chances it happens is 0.5^30 so you think about infinitesimal small of a chance that is.   Sexdecillionth place is power 51.  1 in a trillion is 12 place btw. :)

Probability of A occuring 30 time(s) = 0.530 = 9.3132257461548E-10

Probability of A NOT occuring = (1 - 0.5)30 = 9.3132257461548E-10

Sly, all due respect, this is not my experience. (Or put another way, never tell me the odds! :D )

Before the Restoration Policy ever existed I made a +27 Limited Bow, a +25 Blessed R95 weapon, a +22 R110 Dualswords, a +25 R110 bow, +21 R110 daggers, and other high OE weapons. The Limited Bow would eventually go to +28 when I gave it to my brother to enchant. I've lost count of all of my fails, but I've also lost count of all of my high successes. Again, this is all BEFORE ticket restoration policy was officially implemented. You guys all know about my +30 Limited crossbow, which I no longer have. I stopped enchanting after that. 

The simple truth is given enough LUC, adena and gold tickets, anyone can enchant highly. You just have to know when to press your luck and when to stop. Ticket Restoration only makes it easier for people who chase enchants and fail. If people are abusing the system, that's too bad. I am in favor of them getting rid of Ticket restoration altogether. But even if they did that, there would still be high enchants in game. We all know several pretty good enchanters on Chronos who could easily fill up the AH with high OE items if they got bored. The probability isn't as daunting as you imagine.

• Like 1

@Slycutter There is a way to get this weapon without fail 31 times in a row, we call it the probability of being lucky (possibility) with bonus or not, a lot of money or not even  level up more and upper. 

I can understand that the probalities and the percentages are not obvious to everyone, there is  need basics.
You just have to understand that L2 is a game of hasard (reasoned), which is based on probalities so a lot of possibilities (like everything in life), with rates (percentage), and we don't all start on the same bases ( financial, luck, methods,char), so several possibilities.
Example: let's say that you have a percentage of 50% of getting a god jewels in a box, and well the 50% is the highest probability of having a 1 in 2 chance of obtaining it, but in these 50 % all other probalities (possibilities) also exist.

Science FictionO.o
The infinitely small is not yet part of our scale (abstract).
But maybe you have the power of telepathy or to be in several places at the same time, or even a computer which would make possible unimaginable calculations, able to solve problems of decryption and access to information faster than any computer, or maybe explain the relation between the infinitely small and the infinitely big.;)

Thanks !

Edited by Chanix
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Imo: everything should be restorable. Everything. Don't do this crap where cloaks are allowed and then not allowed.

Make each item restorable once every 30 days, regardless of sale/ownership status. Let the item then be restored again after that 30 days, regardless of its been restored or not.

The back and forth on this topic is annoying. People get a petition response that the GM will restore an item, then is denied after its blown up.  Boom good bye 2 grand. Just make the service the same for everyone, and it won't be easily abused. Same as in game macro and the bot issue. Once they allowed everyone to macro, the bot issue just wasn't as big of an issue.

Also, the OP references some items like fallen angel rings that were clearly gotten from events. 

Final thing and I'm out: this thread reaks of jealously... 

Edited by iHyperlite

Between those who think that we are on an illegal server : "the domain name is ncsoft.com and on which site you downloaded the game is Lineage2 .com ok so we are on the official one.:D

you always have to reread yourself !

Thanks !