Item priority list for Sigel Shilen Knight

bulvius

Hi guys and gals,

need advice from you fellow tanks of the game :) i have a 106lvl 20+% sigel shilen knight. can't seem to find any parties basically, since i'm only in my exalted gear and most of the clans and parties want at least 107-108 lvl tank... and because i manage to get 2-2.5% per day, it doesn't seem i'll reach 107 soon :/ and my vit maintaining rune will be gone in like a week :/ so in a couple of weeks time i should have something like 50-60bli adena from selling stuff on the market and i was wondering what would be my item priority list? i was thinking, if i'm lucky, i might find a bloody r99+10 heavy set for that ammount(can be wrong, seen some dark sets for 55-60bil) and that would probably help me with survivability. right now i'm leveling in beleths magic circle with my iss. i can stand my ground pretty well in the ivory tower crater, or enchanted valley, but the exp reward is not that much greater and i kill mobs in the circle much faster, besides, doing the 80k mob exalted quest,so numbers count :) and i'm doing it one mob at a time, since mass agro is doable, but i would have to keep an eye on the iss all the time, since the tank has to be healed constantly while mass agroing, even though i made some tweeks on the macros, it's more like 1 mistake/delay and boom, i'm dead :/ and i know, using a tank for solo mass hunting is probably laughable, when i twohand the sword, he really does deal a lot of damage and kill mobs faster than my dual class yul ghost sentinel with enchanted exalted thrower :o 

so my gear right now is exalted set + enchanted exalted cutter+ 30day boss jewels+ venirs lvl 8, longing and exalted talismans. i don't have an agathion, or any artifacts.

So, what would you recommend i should  prioritize buying with my budget? 

P.S. what other dailies/quests could i do to better my char? (i'm doing the 105lvl solo instance everyday) as i mentioned, i'm not wanted/needed in the party timed zones.

I'm on Naia, if that's relevant

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) thanks

P.S.S. i have a prestige pack if that's a good selling point :D 

Edited by bulvius

7 sings talisman, Abundance talisman L4 or Abu. L1 + Antharas earring Blessed edition, Artifact book L1 with clean artifacts, PVE attack/PVE deffence belt from Oly, +5 P.def/M.def charm and upgrade your circlet (or buy later +5).

But 1st of all is your 101 aura.

All these things will give you great survival and damage boost for main and dual. Heavy set ain't so good on archers.

Edited by LordDragnil
Minor improvements
  • Thanks 1

Since you solo hunting alot with your tank.. i advice you get lv2 artifact set.. lvl1 only give you def. Bloody set +8 r99 is good enough until 110. Krishna Ench Cutter +6 or higher, for the xtra p.def and attribute, Belt you get any that give you both atk and def. Abundance lvl1 is sufficient until 110 aswell. These are just budget suggestions you will be needing to upgrade later on, but made it myself good enough on my tank with this.

• Thanks 1

Hey, thanks for the suggestions :) you guys are awesome :)

6 hours ago, LordDragnil said:

7 sings talisman, Abundance talisman L4 or Abu. L1 + Antharas earring Blessed edition, Artifact book L1 with clean artifacts, PVE attack/PVE deffence belt from Oly, +5 P.def/M.def charm and upgrade your circlet (or buy later +5).

But 1st of all is your 101 aura.

All these things will give you great survival and damage boost for main and dual. Heavy set ain't so good on archers.

LordDragnil - i have the 101 Aura, thinking of enchanting it to lvl 10 p/m def. 7signs is a bit pricey for it's benefits isn't it? Abu lvl 1 is about 10bil, but i think it might be worth it :). what circlet should i look into? have noble grace +1, but i'm guessing i should get +5 radiant without second thought right? i'm not concentrated in the dual class right now, my main priority is the tank :) but i'm thinking of getting a +6 light set for the archer in the future, or just convert the exalted set to light, once i get r99 :)

6 hours ago, NejJim said:

Since you solo hunting alot with your tank.. i advice you get lv2 artifact set.. lvl1 only give you def. Bloody set +8 r99 is good enough until 110. Krishna Ench Cutter +6 or higher, for the xtra p.def and attribute, Belt you get any that give you both atk and def. Abundance lvl1 is sufficient until 110 aswell. These are just budget suggestions you will be needing to upgrade later on, but made it myself good enough on my tank with this.

NejJim - lvl 2artifact book with clean artifacts is in my to do list definitelly. i concentrated on getting the +10 version of the R99set soley because of the bonuses of +9 and +10, but i guess there are other items that can improve my survivability for cheaper than the price difference of the +8 and the +10 version, correct me if i'm wrong here :) about the sword, isn't krishna only for lvl 110? or did you mean bloody amaranthe cutter?

Both of you suggested the belt. i have no knowledge in those :/ any advice, which would give biggest bang for my buck? 

oh, and about artifacts, should i just get the lvl 2 artifact book and trade artifact crystals for artifacts? or is there a cheaper/better/more efficient way to do so? :)

Thanks again for the suggestions,happy hunting :)

As a solo tank, you'll have to borrow some from Tyr setup, because you'll need to deal more damage than normal. After you get higher level, or wealthier, you can then change to true Sigel setup. Don't worry about losing value. Tyr items generally carry a higher price tag than Sig items, so in the end you'll get a return on your investment. Just to start...

1. Enhanced Shadow Cutter. It gives you everything you get with Enchanted Exalted Cutter, but you get 450 attribute damage. 

2. +8 R99 Bloody Heavy or Light set. If you go light, you can always tweak your skill tree to get more p.def, if you need it.

3. Cloak -- Best way to improve damage and survivability. Elmore works fine, if you can't find a Ferios.

4. Radiant Circlet -- Prices have dropped for these, so should be easy to get.

5. La Vie en Rose jewels (normal, not Greater, unless you can afford them) all level 4 and at least a 5 stone brooch.

6. Talismans - Longing is nice, but Insanity is better. Talisman of Protection can be bought at NPC and enchanted up to +4 at least for more p.def. Guard Agathion Charms are also a fairly cheap way to go to get more p.def. If you wear Heavy armor, you need Masia. If you wear Light armor you need Paulina. Someone mention 7 Signs. It's ok, but for 11-12b, it's way overpriced for benefit. There are other ways to get the same results spending less.

7. Bracelets and Agathion - If you're lucky enough to find one of the old Taurus agathion bracelets on sale from someone, buy it. Otherwise,  go with the new seed bracelets. Stage 2 - Stage 3 is all you need. Then you can equip multiple Agathions that boost p.def, p.atk, crit damage, etc., as you see fit. The Exalted bracelet works fine in the short term.

8. Artifacts, artifacts, artifacts.

9. Enchant skills and learn Forgotten Skills.

10. If you haven't already done so, make a Dual Class and learn skills at least up to 105.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bulvius said:

Both of you suggested the belt. i have no knowledge in those :/ any advice, which would give biggest bang for my buck? 

If you are buying Rare Accessory Boss jewels every month, you don't need a belt. You already get a Rulers Authority belt with the 30 day boss jewels. That's one of the best belts in game...but it's not permanent.

If you're looking for a permanent belt, start with PVE belt that they mentioned. That gives you +6% extra damage and can be had for cheap price. But it doesn't reduce damage, or give attribute defense, which tanks want, so the next step up is either one of the Clan Belts or the Monkey Belt. Stage 1 Clan Belt is not as good as a Monkey Belt. You get more damage with both and damage absorption and/or attribute defense. Stage 2 has more damage/reduction/attribute defense. Rulers you know about already. Above Rulers is the enhanced version that gives you 10% damage and more protections. It's expensive, as you can imagine.

Edited by Mystikal