Question about tyrr dreadnought focus attack skill

peroukas

Hello everyone! I recently started playing tyrr dreadnought class and by reading the description of skill "focus attack" I understand that when it is up you hit mobs one by one. Am I right? What happens if I try to aoe mobs with auto attack when focus attack is on? I see in other dreadnoughts fraps that it doesn't affect aoe skills. Is that true? 

1 hour ago, peroukas said:

Hello everyone! I recently started playing tyrr dreadnought class and by reading the description of skill "focus attack" I understand that when it is up you hit mobs one by one. Am I right? What happens if I try to aoe mobs with auto attack when focus attack is on? I see in other dreadnoughts fraps that it doesn't affect aoe skills. Is that true? 

Autoatack hit only 1 mob, skills are not affected...honestly its not a very useful skill to take, when i was played dread i never use it :)

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, peroukas said:

You are right, when the skill is up it will hit only 1 target. Its is not completely useless skill. If you follow a skill focused build it is a great dmg boost, also u can hit harder when killing boss' like kastilla raids. Nonetheless if u go pvp, auto attacks are useless, so skills are the only way to do something.

But if u are starting right now, i do recommend you to follow auto attack build until u have enough gear/adena to swap to a skill build.

Edited by KingNothing
  • Thanks 1

Focus Attack is an amazing skills if you'r setup make you use you'r skills to kill mobs or pvp,  if you are focused on autohits and pole mobs then you will use sharpen edge of storm,   Focus attack was designed to boost Skill dmg mostly  and Add more patk ,  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOBh_QCTygg&t=1s

With this "Skills" setup build  Focus attack is doing an amazing job.   if i was only focusing on autohits then i won't be able to use it bcz i'll only hit 1 mob. 

• 2 months later...