Archer nerf Feedback

Daik0n

6 minutes ago, TheWarLord said:

YOU DESERVE THAT NERF  DAIK0N ..... FOR ALL PK's YOU HAD TAKE ALL THAT TIME FOR THE SPOTS .....   GOOD JOB NCSOFT FOR NERF THIS TRUSH  DAIK0N

Oh im gonna login every night now to PK the hell out of you again. Thx for reminding me ^^

• Haha 1

I think most misunderstand.  how many players got leveled by yul?  this nerf hurts entire playerbase that plays in party like in ketra/varka.  its the game retarding the progress and thus hoping for more money.  like always...but most players like parties in this game...it is what this game should be about...so as a game producer, lets nerf the aoe toons.  spend more money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slycutter said:

I honestly dont think I was ever pked by Daik0n even when nova was trying to Gludio for us with their alt clan for 8 months many many moons ago lol

I only pk the sieges pets that tag for siege day and detag for the next two weeks thinking nothing will happen to them OR anyone who PK me in first place.

Anyway, if @Juji is thinking on keeping this nerf is OKAY.

In the same way he think they can double the time I qnd 98% of the archers need to kill mobs I can simply pull the money out and stop spend it on other, way more worth games.

1 minute ago, voo said:

I think most misunderstand.  how many players got leveled by yul?  this nerf hurts entire playerbase that plays in party like in ketra/varka.  its the game retarding the progress and thus hoping for more money.  like always...but most players like parties in this game...it is what this game should be about...so as a game producer, lets nerf the aoe toons.  spend more money.

Yes. Haters think they can come here to ask for more nerf but when they'll get in a party to REALLY lvl up they will feel the it. Haha

1 hour ago, voo said:

Not me.. I'm sure a good majority of non-archer/non-nuker DDs do not get invited to stacked archer varka/ketra parties. If I were a yul, I wouldn't want a constant single target DD who contributes very little to the group. I'm pretty sure the nerf was about balance, bringing archers closer to other classes. Even if I were invited to parties like this then I'm still glad for this patch. It brought me closer to being effective in a party because my damage did not compare to an equivalently geared archer. (I am an othell with only single target damage. My AOEs are worthless.)

I had no clue that there are so many envious and clueless people on servers when it comes to archer class and so many people with poor knowledge of game in general.

It's funny to read all the comments of people who probably never played archer. 

• Like 1

I'll bet the majority of these archers complaining still make 350kk+/hour in stronghold on 1 spot. The 2-3 spot runs may be harder, but hey, welcome to the L2 the rest of us are playing.

Yul has been broken for a while. I don't agree this is exactly the way to fix the issue with yuls, but the outrage is just laughable.

34 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

I'll bet the majority of these archers complaining still make 350kk+/hour in stronghold on 1 spot. The 2-3 spot runs may be harder, but hey, welcome to the L2 the rest of us are playing.

Yul has been broken for a while. I don't agree this is exactly the way to fix the issue with yuls, but the outrage is just laughable.

just look at number of bows +15or higher in auction house and look at number of xp parties....nerf all you want...just a money making and slow xp down tactic.  also its a clan killer imo...  but juji knows best.

15 minutes ago, voo said:

just look at number of bows +15or higher in auction house and look at number of xp parties....nerf all you want...just a money making and slow xp down tactic.  also its a clan killer imo...  but juji knows best.

I'm on naia. We don't have a market. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Joebob said:

Not me.. I'm sure a good majority of non-archer/non-nuker DDs do not get invited to stacked archer varka/ketra parties. If I were a yul, I wouldn't want a constant single target DD who contributes very little to the group. I'm pretty sure the nerf was about balance, bringing archers closer to other classes. Even if I were invited to parties like this then I'm still glad for this patch. It brought me closer to being effective in a party because my damage did not compare to an equivalently geared archer. (I am an othell with only single target damage. My AOEs are worthless.)

I don't think that you're good as Othel, if you said that.. Your class aoe skill has fast cooldwn/cast, make it +11 and keep the mobs under permanent Hex (-5% P. Def).  The skill has a good critical. IDK, how other knives, but spoiler has also mass spoil (as fast as previous skill) and buff for group. And don't forget cast poison cloud. Adequate archers with equal to your gear never ask you to leave.

Edited by LordDragnil
Minor improvements

57 minutes ago, LordDragnil said:

I don't think that you're good as Othel, if you said that.. Your class aoe skill has fast cooldwn/cast, make it +11 and keep the mobs under permanent Hex (-5% P. Def).  The skill has a good critical. IDK, how other knives, but spoiler has also mass spoil (as fast as previous skill) and buff for group. And don't forget cast poison cloud. Adequate archers with equal to your gear never ask you to leave.

I just tested Barrage of Nails on a mobs in FOM. It did 25,000 critical damage per mob, much much less without critical damage. Then I tested blood stab right after on the same mob and did 350,000 damage which always crits. Barrage of Nails is not a good AOE skill. Our other AOE skill does about the same damage. Regarding enchanting Barrage of Nails for Hex, max pdef/mdef reduction is 50% which should already be done by the Iss in the group rendering the 5% hex effectively worthless. Spoilers are a different story from the other dagger classes.

I am an adventurer so I have Istina Acid Swarm which I thought was cool too but again, pdef/mdef reduction is already capped at 50% rendering the damage increase benefit from it worthless assuming you have an Iss that attacks. The -50% attack speed is cool. However, I am 111 and it did not proc a single time any mobs when I tried it a few times at ketra/varka. I don't know if it lands more at a higher level but it is not enchantable. It's worthless anywhere else because it is a ground targeted skill and has a small ground range. Poison Swarm might be better for varka/ketra since it has patk reduction but it has to land to matter. 

Typically in groups I try to put crit wound on multiple targets so that other party member's damage is increased. I don't know if it works for skills though since the description just says patk crit damage and patk crit rate, not skill. If anyone knows, let me know!

Edited by Joebob
Revised blood stab damage. I think critical strike was up or something when I did 950,000 damage.
  • Thanks 1

I just wanted to say one last thing, if you feel yulls are so neferted and unplayable how about Eviscerators? They got a major nerf few moths ago and in January will receive another heavy nerf....the point is corean devs adjust classes and farmzones like on their own servers...and we are not there in terms of players equipment nor in lvl.

Regarding the gratitude we should show for yulls coz they lvl other classes...that is pure BS. Just because one class has been devs favorite for years and others are left behind(see doombringers and wynns for example) doesnt make you entitle to ask that, ppl want to lvl on their own strenth not leeching some yull party.

So hilarious, first small nerf in years for yulls and they emoquit....really guys?

Edited by TheThrax
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 6:57 AM, voo said:

well...you want to know why half the server just stopped playing????  its cause archer nerf...we will get over it.  serverlight right now looooool.  and I have 8 toons logged in....do the math of how many actually playing for the whopping 2500 toons logged in....

you ok? and how many people stop play because cannot make 30% archers dmg - arter 5-10y spending money? Before talking - you must to know other classes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, voo said:

180b a month....maybe should nerf IOS????

yes. 180b = 500e. Its 2 month salary in Ukraine, Moldova or Russia (and many other coutrys). If question 'need to nerf?" - yes need nerf, and will be this nerfed. People must go in job - not live from game (afk mode).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LordDragnil said:

You clearly have never played othell or used barrage of nails.

The xp/hour is less in a proper 7 man when the othell uses barrage of nails instead of just straight single targeting with normal dmg.

A proper othell will 1-4 shot ketra/swamp/varka/etc if geared correctly. Problem is that's a lot of money... 

Barrage of nails is absolute trash. It also flags you in afk xp. Can't half kill, slow reuse compared to other dps skills, and basically worthless aside from pvp and preventing a char from hiding.

Edited by iHyperlite

5 hours ago, voo said:

and my friends all 1 k a month spenders

Typical arrogant comment from a representative of the most arrogant class on the servers... Most of you rerolled to an archer just to be OP.. Many of you behaved like you own the whole map.. We know you know.. Now you claim you weren't OP.. What's wrong with you guys?

I didn't want to take part in these threads but i cannot tolerate arrogance... Where were you when all the rest of the classes were nerfed?? Where were you when mages were nerfed, when the wynns got nerfed, when sayhas and so many other classes got nerfed?? You were just laughing i guess..

And btw if you really spent 1k per month, where is your problem? You can reach top critical rate in a month again... Oh don't tell me... You are doing it for the community??.... laugh...

Bottomline is that we are all "dancing" on the company's rhythm, but 1k per month obviously helped them to follow that path..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, m0da said:

I didn't want to take part in these threads

Indeed, I have to admit for the past week I've been looking forward to reading every new post on this topic and resisting the urge to say something snappy. I mean you just know Yul be entertained on any thread when you start to see Mixarisms. So instead I'd just like to remind the topic creator he forgot to bring up the "Crystal of Dawn update" on the weekly maintenance thread but I guess there are other more pressing problems ^_^.

Edited by Healingbewbs
Removed QQ : P
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iHyperlite said:

You clearly have never played othell or used barrage of nails.

The xp/hour is less in a proper 7 man when the othell uses barrage of nails instead of just straight single targeting with normal dmg.

A proper othell will 1-4 shot ketra/swamp/varka/etc if geared correctly. Problem is that's a lot of money... 

Barrage of nails is absolute trash. It also flags you in afk xp. Can't half kill, slow reuse compared to other dps skills, and basically worthless aside from pvp and preventing a char from hiding.

Man, what are you talking about? Party exp or solo? What the heck use Barrage in solo farm?

16 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Its a stupid that doesn't balance anything only really hurts the mid  to above average archers.   The exalted or low end archers won't see a difference and top end archers probably will but have the adena and gear to adjust.  Majority of the mid to above average archers kind built their gear up to be able to farm like this now, well its just another reason not to play.

I mean no quests, pvps are one shots, you got people who become heroes who do not even wear gear in the Olympiad half the time.  Cannot do raids, there are no factions or anything fun to level up or achieve.... so just mindless grind to get to?  Most of the epic bosses and lore of the game are gone so I am really not sure why the added nerf was needed?

Like I said, I don't think this is the last nerf. I think there are more to come. And balancing is needed. Even a relative noob who steps into COC and gets sprayed and killed 1 second into it by archers like me already boosted through the ceiling with tons of amps that favor archers knows this.

As for your last paragraph, those were all reasons enough to quit the game with or without the nerf. Again, I've been saying that, too.

This place has turned into a Visa/Amex wasteland where the only reason to be here is to test your swipe skills, nothing more. I stopped massively investing in this game a year ago, although I still do the occasional event. $20 and no more. That's all they're getting from me every blue moon until they (bleep)ing bring back good quests and a solid way to earn adena and items in-game that don't involve sales events.

Edited by Mystikal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, m0da said:

Typical arrogant comment from a representative of the most arrogant class on the servers... Most of you rerolled to an archer just to be OP.. Many of you behaved like you own the whole map.. We know you know.. Now you claim you weren't OP.. What's wrong with you guys?

I didn't want to take part in these threads but i cannot tolerate arrogance... Where were you when all the rest of the classes were nerfed?? Where were you when mages were nerfed, when the wynns got nerfed, when sayhas and so many other classes got nerfed?? You were just laughing i guess..

And btw if you really spent 1k per month, where is your problem? You can reach top critical rate in a month again... Oh don't tell me... You are doing it for the community??.... laugh...

Bottomline is that we are all "dancing" on the company's rhythm, but 1k per month obviously helped them to follow that path..

Well said. 

• Thanks 1