Archer nerf Feedback

Daik0n

47 minutes ago, LordDragnil said:

Man, what are you talking about? Party exp or solo? What the heck use Barrage in solo farm?

I reference a proper 7 man. What aren't u following?

In ketra/varka/swamp/toi/sea a 7 man group utilizing an othell will get more xp/hour if the othell just utilizes crit wound and proper stabs. 

I've tested this myself as a stacked dagger in stacked groups.

When you add in the fact/mechanic that barrage of nails will get your afk group flagged even with target to monster on, it's basically a useless skill in pve.

Archers should have had half kill/lethal removed from their skills. Instead of this nerf, they should have capped skill crit rate at 50% and been done with it. Yul needed a nerf, it was broken. But it's ncsoft, and we got this poorly implemented half nerf that doest properly address the problem.

• Like 1

Archer is the most POWER class in most of the CHRONICLE.

Isn't any different after GOD OF DESTRUCTION, even till now.

Dun think anyone can debate on that.

A slight nerf on archer is nothing. They are still the most power class now. Really.

• Like 1

Archers were always over powered.  No way an arrow one shots a player in heavy armor; with a shield too?!?. Tyr boost made sense, a giant sword or spear should definitely one shot someone in light armor or robes. Magic should be as strong as archers, or daggers but more of a  dot damage. The game doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LordDragnil said:

Kill that class then. Let nobody plays as archer. There are many games around. cya at the event time

I don't think they're trying to kill the class, just bring it into balance. But they have to be careful not to start a domino effect. If they nerf too much, then another class like Feohs will then dominate and the Flavor of the Month carousel will start up again. Everyone who plays an archer will just wait until Red Libra or next year's anniversary and Stone of Destiny to change to Feoh. Or whatever class happens to be the "OMG-leet" class. It will be like going back to the early Chronicles all over again.  

Personally, I'd love it if they made Sigels much more dominant than they are. Give them raid boss level p.def, resistances and HP. Make Heavy armor mean something. They should be able to laugh off arrows and nukes; a 1M crit damage to others should tickle a tank. Do that using only self-buffs, skill enchants and passives. No need to spend bazillions like archers do for equipment. But that's only a dream.

It's very cute all that  guys...

Always compare the class, the races, the damages, it's necessary to test by yourself ,you have to be rigor, but it's dauting , boring, but some like it, :/¬¬and reproduce a large number of times the same actions to verify for to the closest of the truth, and not really to consider the tests of the other players.

You also always want to compare damages, wallets, servers, and regions, and  probably different rates, different markets, different items, different policies ... we don't have the same things, it's the same game and at the same time not the same game, so not really comparable. The good wallets dominate, and not the charity and satisfy all, which makes it a game but very serious.

The eternal questions of which is better between p.skill critical dmg or p.skill critical rate, dex or strong for yull and dagger, evis strong-char or strong-luck ... An eternal restart on these topics, but some don't  understand , that here a lot of things turn around probabilities and that some of the rates that are actually shown to us are averages(around),and others are fixed, this nerf of AOE skill of yull is not as bad you think, you can use others skills :D 

The objective is not to stagnate, or to stay frozen, because we must evolve. All the characters are good with the top stuff, ppl like lllllll (aka barcode) exeq7er (aka soft skin) fistingtime (aka death point), and the other top players don't really feel this nerf, 1 hit, the same punishment. To reduce the inequalities of the dominant clans, it would take a lot of strong clans.

L2 gives way to mystery, suspense, discovery, the unknown, the permanent blur on the character status board, on certain objects, certain skills, their impacts and their rates, the random chest. L2 knowingly imposes these mysteries, the suspense, the unknown, and made way for a personal and collective discovery, it makes you think,arouses the  curiosity, like a film and it's successful, but here it's a luxury game, unfortunately for the average and poor ppl.

Thanks !

Edited by Chanix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 4:01 AM, AnotherMentee said:

And PLEASE, dont tell me you;re adding % on top of %.. thats not how it works. lol

That is exactly how it works. For 96 DEX Yul have a base values of say 0.246 (for most skills) and 0.123 (for the two nerfed skills).

Let's say the modifiers are 10% in the passives, 10% from the AP tree, lv8 Hunter SA on the bow (13%), POM (25%), +7 crit chance artifact (7%), +9 cancer charm (9%).

So the modifier is 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.13 * 1.25 * 1.07 * 1.09 = 1.993

0.246 * 1.993 * 100 = 49.0278% crit rate for most skills

0.123 * 1.993 * 100 = 24.5139% crit rate for multiple arrow and heavy arrow rain.

This is without Abundance and using a normal bow with hunter SA. Be aware that the new accessory augmentation stones for the angel/dragon accessories can help you achieve even more skill critical chance.

30 minutes ago, Gem said:

That is exactly how it works. For 96 DEX Yul have a base values of say 0.246 (for most skills) and 0.123 (for the two nerfed skills).

Let's say the modifiers are 10% in the passives, 10% from the AP tree, lv8 Hunter SA on the bow (13%), POM (25%), +7 crit chance artifact (7%), +9 cancer charm (9%).

So the modifier is 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.13 * 1.25 * 1.07 * 1.09 = 1.993

0.246 * 1.993 * 100 = 49.0278% crit rate for most skills

0.123 * 1.993 * 100 = 24.5139% crit rate for multiple arrow and heavy arrow rain.

This is without Abundance and using a normal bow with hunter SA. Be aware that the new accessory augmentation stones for the angel/dragon accessories can help you achieve even more skill critical chance.

Nice one - but i thing that they dont change it to half but change it to 0,05 so 0,05*1,993 and thats 0,09965 thats i think its correct result approx 10% instead of that 24,5%

And main reason why high tier archers say nothing is that they dont need skill crit dmg to kill mobs because power is enough to kill. 

And i dont know that angel, dragon, god  have skill crit chance bonus  only skill crit dmg thats diff than this.

2 hours ago, Tuky said:

And main reason why high tier archers say nothing is that they dont need skill crit dmg to kill mobs because power is enough to kill. 

High tier archers have at least 30% p.skill crit rate/ p. skill crit damage from DW not counting any Dragon augment, plus they change their +20 AOE enchant skill path from Break or Power to Focus, which gives them 20% more crit rate on those nerfed skills. They probably also have high enchanted artifacts, agathions, jewels, +20 cloaks, and on and on that make a nerf like this barely noticeable. 

1 hour ago, Mystikal said:

High tier archers have at least 30% p.skill crit rate/ p. skill crit damage from DW not counting any Dragon augment, plus they change their +20 AOE enchant skill path from Break or Power to Focus, which gives them 20% more crit rate on those nerfed skills. They probably also have high enchanted artifacts, agathions, jewels, +20 cloaks, and on and on that make a nerf like this barely noticeable. 

Okay - show me low or mid tier archer with DW weapon lvl 1/2/3 with (lets say some joke - with kidney and house) - focus in skill is must atm - before you can switch it. +20 cloaks cant give you some crit rate (sure you can get augment +7,5% skill crit rate but thats same for feohs) - and i think that artifacts was count in that count. so ok if you want to add skill crit rate from skill than lets switch it from 10% to 11,5% instead of as you say feohs 33% which is also joke but probably now usable more than aoe skills from yull. And if you want to see problem of that agro skill that you really dont like - take that comet that feohs have (she also have problem with terrain)

And that cloak you say have also skill crit dmg - so its irelevant to skill crit rate and i think this topic is about problem with p skill crit rate and not about bigger dmg. (that you can change in same way as yull can with every class)

+% skill power make +% of standard dmg, sure there is diff in matk that is count matk +4% --> +2% dmg, so dmg can be solved different way

and if you say you have stack on mcrit dmg 33% - that i cant say i know only that agation charm have some +xx (fix bonus) not % and you know that you dont need more to make it better so dont need invest in crazy stuff like probability of attack and use hard dmg.

Yulls are also glass cannons but Feohs atm have some advance in that. 

So lets take discussion back to p skill crit chance and hope/wait for some info from GMs - sounds like fairytail - but we can only hope that they write down something from their mind and if there wasnt some misinterpretation from their side - because 50% and to 5% shall be diff if its from 25% to 5% or as they write 10% to 5%

Edited by Tuky
augment in cloak

Holy bleep you guys are

1. Clueless about this game

2. Clueless about archers

Also Daikon always sucked as a yul.

This nerf is a fail because;

In PVE, the chance for a critical hit is almost 100% even with this nerf on AOE skills.

Same in PVP with people in "decent gear"

It only protects the very top of the server, people running top gear with REDUCED chance of p. skill crit hits, i.e +7 shirt, heaven etc etc.

So if the nerf was to balance the game, it failed badly and is now just another thing that will protect the top of the server.

1 hour ago, Mystikal said:

Im far from top tier (maybe even high) and this is not noticeable at ALL.

Focus enchant, skill crit rate on weapon, and +7 agathion topped with pom/victories/bison and you'll be critting 90% of the time.

Edited by Dagger

Dont know if you are yull or lvl of your yull - but when you try skills in location with your lvl or +2 your crit will go to hell - and your info about 90% skill crit rate is fairy tale (not current situation) Am Yul with R110 bow with sure focus in weapon, focus in skills, focus in artifact, focus in agation, POM and some other garbage and i can say that if i use aoe on 10 mobs 3 time - i can find crit maybe 3 times in list as Daikon said and i want to see if you want to compare - feoh with items in mcrit chance to use his aoe in swarm of mobs and how many crit he made.

Because if we said feohs gives mcrit once a blue moon i dont know how many blue moons need to be for current once a x blue moons

• Like 2

back 3 weeks after and good to see everyone still very unhappy with this except, ofc, the 1% and the usual "YoU cAn cR1t 90% oF tHe TiMe" challenged.

to the ones saying all we need is +20 the skills for Focus, please, send us the chapter 1 mastery books or STFU :)

Not really sure what's the big hoohah about Archer been nerf.

Every class have been nerf to hell, except archer.

I've been in this game since BETA. Archer have been the BEST class basically in all CHRONICLE.

With this small nerf, its still nothing at all, as gd as no nerf. Archer is still the most powerful class in this game.

Based on me having a level 110 Archer, 110 Feoh and 110 Evi.

Personally, if archer can 1 to 2 shot a tank, it's hell on a nonsense.

That's goes to show how un-even is the difference in class. The game mechanism and setup failed.

Don't need +20 Focus, even +12 works fine.
Already posted my lower budget archer setup on another post here.

Seems to work fine, granted i do mix it with a ISS for level 5 buffs, level 2 harmony and POM but that makes sense to me really since you will want the most out of it.
This is not a 100's of billions invest, most gear made when prices are low for specific items mixed with a little bit of luck to not fail too often.

As a level 107 Ghost Sentinel keeps level 107 mob group cleared, granted it may fall behind occasionally if they spawn at bad spots opposite of where the aoe's are going but overall the char performs pretty good.

Also you shouldn't need handouts of masteries, they are really easy to farm but ill let you do some research yourself as i am not going to chew everything for you.

5 hours ago, DorfL2 said:

Not really sure what's the big hoohah about Archer been nerf.

Every class have been nerf to hell, except archer.

I've been in this game since BETA. Archer have been the BEST class basically in all CHRONICLE.

With this small nerf, its still nothing at all, as gd as no nerf. Archer is still the most powerful class in this game.

Based on me having a level 110 Archer, 110 Feoh and 110 Evi.

Personally, if archer can 1 to 2 shot a tank, it's hell on a nonsense.

That's goes to show how un-even is the difference in class. The game mechanism and setup failed.

You obviously missed quite a few years where the archers were nerfed into the dirt and Mages were on top.  When they added directional nerfs and distance nerfs to archers that stupid and hurt especially in PvP and nevermind pve without a tank you had to actually had to kite you must had no clue how annoying that is when you have to do it repetitive.  Or lets go back to day before infinite quivers and mysterious shots when we either needed a mule dwarf to hold items for us or got to town every few hours to reup on supplies since we had to carry arrows to even attack mobs (only class in the game that needed something besides a weapon to attack mobs)

I am not saying things haven't gotten easier but archer was one more annoying and more difficult classes to play for a long time and mages were on top for a long long time especially when they added magic crits.

The best solution was to test before and after the reduction to better evaluate, the ifluence of the dex on the critical rates rest the unknown (x).
I withdraw 5% of your salary of 10,000 euros, so 500 euros less, and I withdraw 5% of your salary of 1,700 euros, so 85 euros less,it's not the same thing, 5% seem like little , but enough to be felt.

When playing above your level, on several shots you can evaluate  your crits, the high gears in pvp  feel these reductions .

@Tuky I think it's not a fairy tale to reach  80% or 90% critical rates, some are very close and some are 100%. Really...😲🤑

Thanks !

• Like 1