Can we revert to the old war system?

Slycutter

The current war system is obvious it works for no one, its preputal war even if a clan does not want to be in a war.  The whole kill 5 people to start the war is so easily exploited (NCSoft don't say it isn't because everyone knows it is) that hurts just your honest customers.

Big clans break up into micro 14 person clans to avoid war so they can continue to level and make other people go red on them.

So old system was very simple and straight forward; lets go back to it.  For newer people this how it work:

Clan A declares war on Clan B.

Clan A is now in war status but all pvp rules still apply.  If Clan B doesn't  accept war Clan A cannot pk them or pvp them without them flagging.  However if Clan A dies its only 1/4 XP loss but if Clan B dies its full XP loss.

Clan B accepts war now it becomes two way pvp rules apply to flagging but no PK rules for members of war clan.  Both clans go to 1/4 death. 

One clan surrenders, they surrender the 10k clan rep to clan they agreed to war BUT cannot be rewarred by that clan for 21 days.

Its a war system that made sense and was something to gain from actually winning the war but also gave the losing clan time to recover from the war since they had a 21 day blackout period from being rewarred to regain footing and lost Clan Rep.

What is the reason we can't go back to a system that made sense and worked?

• Like 2

I love how this post address an issue and provided a solution that could be easily managed by NCSoft staff and no one event comments on it.

All you people like to complain but do not offer realistic solutions.  Here I presented a problem most people agree is a problem with a way to fix the problem that our local team can easily do to fit the play style of this region.  Only one person comments.

SMH

Your obviously not a clan leader or trying to level a clan lol  Please don't comment on thing you do not know.

10,000 CRP is not easy to get takes 2 people full Dailies for the week to get that.   Also you got 30,000 CRP needed a week just to keep your clan skills going.

So need 6 more people just to get 30k week there.  If you want to increase your clan skills you need a lot of CRP you do not want to go negative if you can help.

So please educate yourself a little.

17 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

Your obviously not a clan leader or trying to level a clan lol  Please don't comment on thing you do not know.

10,000 CRP is not easy to get takes 2 people full Dailies for the week to get that.   Also you got 30,000 CRP needed a week just to keep your clan skills going.

So need 6 more people just to get 30k week there.  If you want to increase your clan skills you need a lot of CRP you do not want to go negative if you can help.

So please educate yourself a little.

dude it so happen that i am a clan leader and basically upped my clan to lvl 11 myself :)

clan skills last 15 days*

and clan leaders can reset clan quests any time so crp for skills is not really a problem once you reach lvl 11. just invited other players to clan and slowly clan is reaching lvl12

i have few players on my clan and i have no problem closing wars and losing 10k crp. do u think big clans will have this problem?

8 hours ago, Slycutter said:

There some secret because I never been able to reset weekly quests.  If I could I would burning up the clan rep.  I hit max usually first day of the week maybe sometimes 2 days if im not active.   So what are you talking about?

only clan leaders can enter dimensional server any time so they can reset clan quests when they  want.

On 11/27/2020 at 5:07 PM, Slycutter said:

The current war system is obvious it works for no one, its preputal war even if a clan does not want to be in a war.  The whole kill 5 people to start the war is so easily exploited (NCSoft don't say it isn't because everyone knows it is) that hurts just your honest customers.

Big clans break up into micro 14 person clans to avoid war so they can continue to level and make other people go red on them.

So old system was very simple and straight forward; lets go back to it.  For newer people this how it work:

Clan A declares war on Clan B.

Clan A is now in war status but all pvp rules still apply.  If Clan B doesn't  accept war Clan A cannot pk them or pvp them without them flagging.  However if Clan A dies its only 1/4 XP loss but if Clan B dies its full XP loss.

Clan B accepts war now it becomes two way pvp rules apply to flagging but no PK rules for members of war clan.  Both clans go to 1/4 death. 

One clan surrenders, they surrender the 10k clan rep to clan they agreed to war BUT cannot be rewarred by that clan for 21 days.

Its a war system that made sense and was something to gain from actually winning the war but also gave the losing clan time to recover from the war since they had a 21 day blackout period from being rewarred to regain footing and lost Clan Rep.

What is the reason we can't go back to a system that made sense and worked?

Here is most important question - why need war?

In l2 can't exist wars - absoliutely:

1.  No reason fight for what.

2. lvl  and items.  Everyone from top 50 can kill all other from 1 shot with 3-5 mil dmg. Its fun?

Long time ago  when was not so big diference between midle and top - war sistem was ok. Bot now... Waste of time, stupidnes.

1 hour ago, Slycutter said:

WTH are you talking about?  Your not making no sense what so ever.

But its like this - clan leaders can go in dimension server when want. And its mine reason - why 2 years clans game are stoped. Everyone makingin self clans - and selfing :)  Its one of bigest Ncsoft mistake.

10 hours ago, Slycutter said:

1.  Your English is not very good

not sure about this one

10 hours ago, Slycutter said:

2. If your talking about exploiting a game mechanic your right I don't do those kind of things.

it's designed so clan leaders can sign up on dimensional sieges. is that an exploit to you already? 

I think what they are saying is how does dimensional sieges have anything to do with weekly clan quests?

You obviously do not know SlyCutter, I believe he the oldest active clan leader on these servers and has been in many wars so not really the guy to pick a fight with.

• Like 1

i guess the 'oldest active' clan leader who is conscious about crp should know this.

u just need to enter the damn dimensional server. it doesnt have to be during a dimensional siege

it will reset the clan quest just as it resets if you  watch or join an olympiad match. or maybe you didnt know that either?

I think I see the problem you guys are not talking about the same thing.

Weekly clan quests have nothing to do with dimensional sieges you do realize that?  If you go to clan quest tab of your clan you see the quest he is talking about under general.

Quests your talking about are special dimensional only quests nothing to do with weekly clan quests.  So your mixing apples and oranges together.  That is under the intensive for PvE clans it is only 1 quest under that raids.  250 CRP (2,500 personal rep) per raid and they have to reset it after each raid not exactly 10,000 CRP they would have to kill 40 raid bosses to = 10,000 CRP or have 40 people kill 1 raid boss.

Also there is a difference between personal rep and clan rep you do realize this also?  I personally have about 500,000 Rep points (which are almost completely useless) but that is probably only 50k CRP ive given to my clan.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, iAndouille said:

How hard is it for ppl to understand, the guy said 100 time to enter the Dim Server it will Reset ur Weekly quest, i didn’t know that but now i know it as a clan leader ill do it also, its Simple and basic to Understand, he didnt talk annother language 

I tried it and it didn't work....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2020 at 4:11 PM, bentorero said:

dude it so happen that i am a clan leader and basically upped my clan to lvl 11 myself :)

clan skills last 15 days*

and clan leaders can reset clan quests any time so crp for skills is not really a problem once you reach lvl 11. just invited other players to clan and slowly clan is reaching lvl12

i have few players on my clan and i have no problem closing wars and losing 10k crp. do u think big clans will have this problem?

On 11/30/2020 at 11:48 PM, Slycutter said:

Well

1.  Your English is not very good

2. If your talking about exploiting a game BUG your right I don't do those kind of things.

21 hours ago, bentorero said:

not sure about this one

it's designed so clan leaders can sign up on dimensional sieges. is that an exploit to you already? 

Resetting Clan quests is a bug, a side-effect of visiting the dimensional server(not an intended benefit for players)... purposely exploiting this bug may allow fast leveling of your clan, but if NC wakes up and punishes exploiters... there wouldn't be enough eligible clans left to siege  every Castle.

https://l2wiki.com/Dimensional_Sieges#Characters_features_after_teleportation

I don't see "After teleportation Clan Leaders can reset Clan quests" or any beneficial status really(maybe the bug is related to one of these restricted statuses)

Characters features after teleportation

• After teleportation the server _ID (like, Limaro_54) is added to your character name to avoid issues with the same nicknames.
  • After teleportation all characters get Noblesse skills.
  • After teleportation the Hero status is removed, the Hero equipment goes back to the inventory, and the aura is not displayed. The status is returned after teleportation back to home server.
  • After teleportation the status of winners of the Ceremony of Chaos is removed and the aura is not displayed. The status is returned after teleportation back to home server.
  • Any item exchange with other players is impossible.
  • Skills cannot be upgraded.
  • Items cannot be augmented.
  • Items cannot be crystallized.
  • Items cannot be dropped.
  • Clan management is not available.
  • Mail system is not available.
  • Party search is not available.
  • Mentoring system is not available.
  • It's impossible to create or save macros.
  • Sayune is not available.