Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Hime

3 minutes ago, Whatif said:

what money ? :D  when those jewels will hit market from all top players and they will compete with prices the teh price for them will drop idk up to 2 bil per piece.  Well thats a good part since new players will be able to gear up a bit and pve more efficient. I'm pretty sure soon money will be not where Jewels are bruh. )) 

And what here good? Server must to have income $ . If server start scam top gamers - they stop buy.  But server must to have income - so l2store items increase price. 

Why people pay for Ferary 200.000$? Becose after 10y Ferary also will have 200.000$ price. Why people not pay for Ford 200.000$ - becose Ford low qualyti USA car - and after 7y this Ford will be sold for metal price... Simple.

6 minutes ago, Whatif said:

L2 always devalued items within time. This practice is not new and everyone who pay 10k they know that they buy power for 2 ~ years not more. 

Yes. But not minus 10.000$ in 2y.  Minus 10-20% in year its ok. But not minus 500%.

People pay - if have trust - that tomorow not lost 500%. It this situation.. NCSoft West lost last trust from people.

49 minutes ago, Whatif said:

what money ? :D  when those jewels will hit market from all top players and they will compete with prices the teh price for them will drop idk up to 2 bil per piece.  Well thats a good part since new players will be able to gear up a bit and pve more efficient. I'm pretty sure soon money will be not where Jewels are bruh. )) 

If you are asking what money and referencing 2b off of a 150+b item, then I don't think you will understand. Rmt happens, nothing anyone does stops that.

Also, I agree prices will drop. I never said they wouldn't. They will. But that doesn't change the fact of how this mechanic will become auto farmed by 1-2 people. 

1 minute ago, iHyperlite said:

If you are asking what money and referencing 2b off of a 150+b item, then I don't think you will understand. Rmt happens, nothing anyone does stops that.

Also, I agree prices will drop. I never said they wouldn't. They will. But that doesn't change the fact of how this mechanic will become auto farmed by 1-2 people. 

what 150bil ?? look market ruby 5 at this very moment goes for 30 bil  and this is after 1 day price drop ok ? get real ) its going so much down , sit tight and relax with your 150b  item. Yes there will be 150b  Items but thats not jewels anymore.

15 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

About autofarm , there are cameras with radar standing already covering areas,  however players who play live always can move those cameras out of area with tanks )) so they lose coverage.

24 minutes ago, Whatif said:

About autofarm , there are cameras with radar standing already covering areas,  however players who play live always can move those cameras out of area with tanks )) so they lose coverage.

Im sorry to say, you don't know how proper farmers work. 

We can agree to disagree. I'm not unhappy about the la vies having their market destroyed. I'm annoyed by the system that will be another blood weapon, another gainak, another auto farmed thing. That, I am against.

I like this entire chest idea, but the masses won't profit from this in the way of items. The gap on la vies will lower.

If this turns out to be a truly 100% random spawn on an entire xp zone, not just the same 8-10 circles that have a chance for it to spawn, then I will change what I said. But I don't think that's how this system works. 

21 hours ago, OmenOfSteel_Naia said:

Those Treasure Chests are a great addition to the game!

Soon Lv5 or Lv6 Jewels will be affordable by (almost) every player and that will lower the gear gab at least a little bit and it will also boost PVE farming.
Hell I can imagine it will even motivate players to come back and play on official servers.

I remember a few years ago there was an official survey about what is most important for players, and if I remember correctly on top of the list was "items keeping their value".
However, these new chests should really please a big majority of your players. Exception will be top players who already had 6x Lv6 Jewels and even more ppl that just recently spent on the last Brooch Jewel Event a few weeks ago, for those it is a slap right in the face they must feel scammed/cheated and I feel sorry for them.

One last thing:
In the less populated regions on NAIA (Dragon Valley, Fafurion, Wasteland etc.) there are lots of boxes of well "players" standing all over the map. On Discord @Juji said you're gonna monitor 3rd party programs used in order to get ahead on finding chests. Go for it Juji !

Again, big thanks, great change!

This could be a really good change on the server if 2 things happen. But i bet not even one will happen...

At first we need PERMA BAN  and i will repeat to make it clear PERMA BAN on cheaters that auto teleport to the spot  with 3rd party software. If @Juji said that he will monitor this (wich i bet he wont) this could improve the gap between players on the server.

Second thing is that for the most players on the server this chests are totally impossible to kill alone. So we need to reduce the p.def and hp of the chest or, at least remove the healing of the chest.

Another thing that could work is that to kill the chest u need a full pt on the spot (NOT IN TOWNS) or the hp wont move at all. This beeing said 7 people hiting the chest box all at the same time in the same pt.

I don`t think normal players (without cheats ) can kill any chest unless they spawn where they hunt . If you go any place u wont see any alts of people in big clans running around, they just afk in a random spot and wait to scan the chest,while normal players ( a few ) just run around and hopes they are lucky enough to get one

15 hours ago, Cata said:

I don`t think normal players (without cheats ) can kill any chest unless they spawn where they hunt . If you go any place u wont see any alts of people in big clans running around, they just afk in a random spot and wait to scan the chest,while normal players ( a few ) just run around and hopes they are lucky enough to get one

I don't know about Chronos, but in Naia it is possible to kill chests although you kinda need to have a bit of luck with you.

Since the bot network of toons isn't enough to complete check all areas where it can drop there is a window for you to kill one. But you do have to spend hours looking for the boxes. Unfortunately that window is getting shorter by the day as they start to tweak there scripts and strategy's accordingly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spoooky22 said:

Well on Naia I've been having a bit of fun running around and killing these "bot network toons" and so far found the "owners" of 3 locations. Only one bothered to come out and save his 😋.

Killing them doesn't make much difference for them. There purpose is to check if the chest appears and that can be made even if you dead.

1 hour ago, BurnCycle said:

Killing them doesn't make much difference for them. There purpose is to check if the chest appears and that can be made even if you dead.

Except that we now have auto-disconnect when lying dead for an hour, if that is working properly, then the owner needs to resurrect them or lose coverage when they dc. If they don't dc due to programs, that should be something NC could detect and trace... even block(I have no illusion that any real punishment will happen)

• Like 1

Just now, SammlerMull said:

Except that we now have auto-disconnect when lying dead for an hour, if that is working properly, then the owner needs to resurrect them or lose coverage when they dc. If they don't dc due to programs, that should be something NC could detect and trace... even block(I have no illusion that any real punishment will happen)

If they are using, that's not a problem ;)

On 12/7/2020 at 12:38 AM, Spoooky22 said:

Well a certain hero came swooping out to save his toons personally so I suppose he's earning his loot  🙂

No doubt those are "top players" toons who cheat with radar  daily basis. That is main reason they are top. Because advantage of cheats. Dark side always easy path...  unfortunately. 

• Like 1

In Naia, 99% of the chests are farmed by 3 persons that have "so much luck" to arrive before the chest spawn, pk everyone and wait for the chest to spawn, same by waiting in the middle of nowhere in big zones like Dragin Valley or Wasteland and then chest appear just on them, nice uh?

There are some BIG players that are well known to use such programs and they can put their char in the middle of a big zone and see every grid of the zone, but noone will ban them, what if a big hero get ban for this? Impossible.

Is more probable they delete the chest to give those scammers more help than they ban a big user that is cheating

• Like 2

I think Ncsoft does not care about programms cause they even remove REPORT button from actions. 
Not if it would excists they would look at for it but its hironicly removed.
Like sais to all of us "WE dont care " thats my opinion. And now with those greedy boxes, its really greedy ...rich and strong ppl will become stronger...
My question is IF those boxes spawning in same location or differend? Also somewhere i read about a penalty when u kill a box , that works properly ?

1 hour ago, Lego said:

Fix the ranking on server, it's all broken

at 1st i thought it was because of people not logging in.

however, on naia, there is a lvl 114 who is ranked higher than a lvl 115. not sure wtf is going on there. 1 guy jumped +12 spots, everyone else is -4 or -4 spots since login.  Looking at top 50 only here.

18 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

at 1st i thought it was because of people not logging in.

however, on naia, there is a lvl 114 who is ranked higher than a lvl 115. not sure wtf is going on there. 1 guy jumped +12 spots, everyone else is -4 or -4 spots since login.  Looking at top 50 only here.

It's not just 1. There are several people out of place in the rank. 114s in between 115s, 113 higher than 114, 112 higher than 113..

• Hime unpinned this topic