Server dying?

RHakan

Today I come to express my discontent and I believe that many players on the server, I believe that most players who play CLASSIC know and seek the difficulty that a Classic server offers, for this reason I believe that many still continue to play, for the love of the game, however there is no denying that the server is in decline, I feel that the server has become unfair to players who really want to play the game, I would like to mention some points of discontent:

First point: why does the server no longer have a box limit?
Today we are faced with a problem that prevents the gameplay of many, unfortunately the number of free boxes means that some people simply have 30 accounts logged in adena farming, a profit that easily reaches 3kkk month, equipping the char main to defend the 30 boxes, it is possible some player who plays fairly, who can farm 5kk in autohunting confront this player in a fight for spot? this has generated a monopoly in the farm areas, and the other players are unable to play, I understand perfectly that the fight for spots is part of the game, but we expect a fair fight.

Second point: Why does the server accept the blatant use of Bots, and does not ban users?
It doesn't take much effort to identify the players that use Adrenaline on the server, and this free use of Bots has made a significant number of players every day abandon the server, Adrenaline is a villain who likes to play the game, and added to the free quantity of Box, NCSoft loses much more than players, affecting the financial performance of the company, we all understand that the game has costs to stay on air, and need payment for the company to stay, but today, it is more cheap to buy adena with real money (which is prohibited by the rules of the game), than to buy NCoins, why should I invest in NCoin knowing that I will always lose the fight against a player who uses "N" box with Adrenaline?

Third point: why did they kill the Dwarves?
when we do a brief reading on the L2 website we imagine the l2 that we always like, with Dwarves making items and SS´s, with Siegs, with farm areas, with Olympics and quests, What is the point of a lvl 1 player and a lvl 90 player paying the same amount per SS? where are the famr areas? (all occupied today by players' boxes that make the game a monthly income), what is the sense of the measure that we evolved in the game being more penalized? the higher the level, the more adena it takes to keep the char farming (remembering that an agony mob drops 1k of  adena and a mob in LOA 5k) being that the mob is at least a thousand times stronger? this lack of proportion, added to the unregulated use of Cheats and unlimited number of boxes, makes high level players need 15 horsemen farming adena to maintain 1 day of farm, occupying farm areas of other 15 real players, who want a fair game.

one thing is clear, players use bots (it's up to NCSoft to change this), when this happens, other players can't play, they don't automatically invest in their chars, which in turn causes the company to lose money. now it remains to know in a transparent way, is the game for many small payers or for a few large payers?

Thanks for listening.

• Like 2

Yes, the server is dying and they know this from the logins and money spent on games.  This community has been so passionate in expressing their feelings of how to make things better, but the game product managers just don't listen, or they do listen, but the developers then don't listen to them.

1.  PK system is broken, many have talked about it for a long time, however it doesn't get addressed.  I think the last server war was the final straw and pushed a lot of people out of the game.  How can you play to enjoy the game, when players non-stop grief.  We don't make enough adena and coins to buy unlimited feathers or BREZ scrolls, so the game is no longer fun.  I mean we had L90 toons coming to our low 8- parties telling us they won't allow us to level here.  The L90 would PK us, we would setup and 5 minutes later they were back to PK us.  They wouldn't let us EXP in peace, so war was started.  Now most casual players are gone, no more fun in the game with no punishment PK and extortion.  NCsoft says they don't allow extortion, but they don't do anything about it.  The PK people no longer talk about it, they just kill repeatedly and won't allow you to Exp.  Call it what you want.

2. Yes Adena is out of line.  Always has been and always will be until the server takes its final breath.  Farmers setup with VM's and get around the 10 client limit.  Pretty easy to do, only the casual players get squeezed out.

3. Casual players don't spend that much, so they have a  smaller voice. 

4. Dwarves.  The largest spend on the server is for SS and BSPS.  NCSoft has to pay the bills.  So they took that adena maker away from the players and made themselves the sole creator of SS and BSPS.  Kind of like Venezuela does with successful businesses.  Without the SS and BSPS, they just were not making enough money to keep the lights on.  

5.  Gambling events.  Ughhh.  As I have stated before, make the events P2W, no problem.  But let us buy what we want.  As an experiment, I think they should do the next event as a pay for item event.  No gambling.  Hell that should make it easier on the developers anyway.  For example:

Cloak L1 - $20 = 1,600 NCoin

Cloak L5 - $50 = 4,000 NCoin

Cloak L10 - $150 = 12.000 NCoin

Cloak L15 - $250 - = 20,000 NCoin

Cloak L20 - $500 = 40,000 NCoin

See how much money something like that brings in vs. a gambling event.  

However all of this may be too late.  A lot of people have left the servers.  I don't know how NCSoft can get them back.  The ideas provided don't appear to be listened to, and enjoyment leaves the game.  Many other games out there to choose from that provide easier enjoyment.  

I will probably be losing my VIP 10 status on my accounts.  It just isn't worth it to play a game that doesn't listen to installed base on how to improve. NOt as fun always dodging L90 toons that kill anything they want.  If NCSoft has some decisions to make, why not ask the installed base?  I work for  a SW company, we setup customer peer groups to ask them what is working, what isn't, what can we do better, etc.  It is how we improve our position in the marketplace and remain a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant.  If NCsoft setup a similar panel with Whales, Farmers and Casual players, they would get feedback on how to balance and make the game more enjoyable.  Then they would just have to act upon it.  Or they could continue down the path of Venezuela and silence the people while they dictate control over everything and blame everyone and everything else for their problems.

• Like 3