Greedy Boxes and Needed Changes to Field MOB Behaviour

ArsPoetica

Run anywhere on the map and all you see now are player characters sitting around hunting grounds doing nothing but waiting on spawn of Greedy boxes. If Akamanah or Zariche were doing their jobs, these people would all be easy prey. But no, demon sword wielders have better things to do than actually kill players. Sad state of game. And even then, when the demon swords are gone, people would just sit and wait again.

So I propose the following changes:

1. All mobs any place where Greed chests spawn be made aggro with a very wide aggro range.

2. More dynamic respawn of mobs. They shouldn't just stay in one place, but move all around the hunting ground as if they are patrolling it.

3. All locations where Greed chests spawn should be Danger Zones with adverse environmental effects and debuffs to characters. The longer you stay, the more severe the debuff. Start with Critical Slow, Critical HP Drain/Critical Poison, which also attracts nearby mobs to that player and triggers them to attack. But after an hour,  increase debuffs to something really severe like a 20 minute paralysis that also sends them back to town automatically. If the mobs don't kill these 24/7 campers, the land will.

4.  Random spawn of a new aggro "sub-boss" mob designed to kill idle players. These mobs cannot be debuffed, have 500 speed, can para, root, pull and immobilize anyone, and if a player attacks it, the player will automatically be teleported to a starter hunting area like Ruins of Agony near Gludio.  The number and type of new mob that spawn at once varies.

That's alot of work for a simple fix.

1. Make every single mob circle in a specific zone able to spawn a greedy chest

2. Make the chest a rare spawn chance based on "Killing" mobs, unique to a player's own killing instead of set spawn times

3. Make the chest drop/spawn affected by prestige

Or just give us a la vie event where we get lvl 3/4/5's from chests like core for a normal price and the chest problem will sort of fix itself.

Anything with a timed spawn will be farmed. If this was truly random, it would be much harder for people to farm like they do at the moment.

3 hours ago, Mystikal said:

Don't feel bad, I haven't seen a greedy chest, either. Anyone who has killed multiples of the chests is cheating. 😀  😀 

I'm not suggesting everyone who has gotten multiple chests is cheating. I have no way to prove that nor do I really care. 

The current system is dumb. That's what I care about. 

On 12/11/2020 at 1:15 PM, iHyperlite said:

The problem is people sitting tons of toons to sniff the chest packet, insta porting to kill it within seconds of spawning.

A timed spawn allows this to happen. 

The long random window and random location spawn does help though. If I'm able to find and kill them..... why others wouldn't be able to?

4 hours ago, mixa said:

The long random window and random location spawn does help though. If I'm able to find and kill them..... why others wouldn't be able to?

I agree to an extent. People can right now, give it 2 weeks and the network of packet sniffing won't allow that, especially on high lvl areas that aren't packed like FoM, wastelands, dv. 

The lower lvl boxes won't be as easy because those zones are typically filled. 

As a side note, not every circle in a zone can spawn a box. This is just like the old elite mob that existed in "some" circles before the update. It's the same 8-10 spots in each zone that can spawn a chest. Hence, this will be locked down in a few weeks. And no, unless you're stacked, I don't believe you will get another chest after that, or anyone else. 

Go see raiders for an example. Toi elite mob was that way. Every times raid is that way. 

On 12/13/2020 at 4:25 PM, iHyperlite said:

I agree to an extent. People can right now, give it 2 weeks and the network of packet sniffing won't allow that, especially on high lvl areas that aren't packed like FoM, wastelands, dv. 

The lower lvl boxes won't be as easy because those zones are typically filled. 

As a side note, not every circle in a zone can spawn a box. This is just like the old elite mob that existed in "some" circles before the update. It's the same 8-10 spots in each zone that can spawn a chest. Hence, this will be locked down in a few weeks. And no, unless you're stacked, I don't believe you will get another chest after that, or anyone else. 

Go see raiders for an example. Toi elite mob was that way. Every times raid is that way. 

Still getting stuff from the lv120 boxes, got Diamond 5, 2x Emerald 5, 2x Red Cat 5, Perl 5, 2x Obsidian 5 and some others that were actually crap, like angel jewery boxes and fallen angel ring box.Also from the lv110 box yesterday got Radiant wizard circlet.

15 hours ago, mixa said:

Still getting stuff from the lv120 boxes, got Diamond 5, 2x Emerald 5, 2x Red Cat 5, Perl 5, 2x Obsidian 5 and some others that were actually crap, like angel jewery boxes and fallen angel ring box.Also from the lv110 box yesterday got Radiant wizard circlet.

I don't believe much without screens, but gz