Last dying breath! Merge!

Sixtus

What is sad is they have seen the numbers dwindling.  They had a passionate installed base that gave them the feedback to make it better.  The user base has told them what the problems are, but they don't listen.  The answers to have a thriving game are in front of them, but they won't listen.  It is completely bizarre.  What is even sadder is that the developers and Product Managers that aren't listening will likely be riffed out of a job because this goes away.  By not listening, letting the servers die, they are working themselves out of a job, and it still doesn't matter to them.

Knowing that the game is dying because they don't listen to the player base.  How do they then expect the player base to spend more money? 

As a business man it boggles the mind.

• Haha 1

it's all about the bottom line, it is unfortunate that juji is taking all the hit being the front facing of NCWest. The executives are driving the game direction and decision based on revenue and cost which what they call operating margin. This game and most p2w mmorpg are a blob dataset of consumer spending behavior and nothing else, and that's what they make decisions based on, it get more intense with financials if the company is publicly traded (like NCSoft). I'm sure their SET (senior executive team) knows exactly what they are doing after 16 years of data harvesting from their multiple AA, AAA titles. Hopefully the Unexpected sales spike due to covid will allow more resource for L2 development, but I think it's a bit too little too late.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:37 PM, ChickenRise said:

it's all about the bottom line, it is unfortunate that juji is taking all the hit being the front facing of NCWest. The executives are driving the game direction and decision based on revenue and cost which what they call operating margin. This game and most p2w mmorpg are a blob dataset of consumer spending behavior and nothing else, and that's what they make decisions based on, it get more intense with financials if the company is publicly traded (like NCSoft). I'm sure their SET (senior executive team) knows exactly what they are doing after 16 years of data harvesting from their multiple AA, AAA titles. Hopefully the Unexpected sales spike due to covid will allow more resource for L2 development, but I think it's a bit too little too late.

It's unfortunate juji's taking all the hit? the man legit put himself on live stream ranting about how there's only going to be only cosmetic and no PTW items will be added to store lmfao. He deserves all the flack he's getting because he hasn't done a damn thing since. 

• Thanks 1

the problem is not the developers, the problem that the server dies is due to abusive players towards lower level players. where a new player has no simple chance to go. or I get Beppler wrong with level 90 pj killing low pj for example in cruma.