Returning Player - quick questions.

Shinra

Straight to the point i guess...

I used toplayer way back when C4 through to around the Gracia period.

and i thought hey i'll give L2 a try again seen as i know there is a classic mode avaliable now.

So few questions. when i log in all my characters on are the Live servers ( i assume thats where everything got moved to when all the servers got merged)

So can i transfer my characters to classic? and i guess should i?

Giran is the closest to my time zone what is that server like? well populated? Also what update is it running on? 

I used to play Planeswalker/wind rider and had subclassed to Sword Singer & Silver Ranger (think i had a thing for elf clases :/ and also as a side note on the live server i cant switch subclasses has the sub class system changed?) my main class is 79 and my subs where in their 60's i believe.

Anyways I was thinking of playing a SwS on the classic server seen as im starting from scratch so are their buffs still relavant is the class still good support buffer for partys?

what is the grind like on classic server how much as it been streamlined? do i still need to do class change quest at 20 and then the correct 3 quests at 40? What are the server rates (exp/sp/drops) like now compared to what it was back in c4/c5 etc?

any major changes and updates i should be aware of?

thanks for any help :)

"Classic", especially now, with auto-hunting, is not the real classic L2, but a different game with slightly different skillsets but a hugely different gameplay. You cannot transfer your characters there, and you shouldn't expect joining random parties there, especially on an SwS.

Honestly, if I were you, I wouldn't bother joining. You won't like the game.

okay so what's the general party structure now?

people don't need sws and bd for parties now?

What are the go to support classes now? 
Are healers still good support class for castle siege pvp etc?  I used to like playing a bishop with my warlord buddies are AoE trains still a thing?

also what did you know what update the classic server is on? is it like C4/C5? or is it just a simple version of live?

any information would be great as i can't seem to find straight answers...

Thanks

Let me put it this way: the game is a redesign of the "original" L2 by someone who has never played support in the original L2.

The general party structure is like this: you box all the classes you need for your party, write and fine-tune ingame macros for them, turn on auto-hunting (or equivalent macro) on your main assist char and go sleep. And it's the 100% legit way.

No class is useful in PvP unless you are willing to pay thousands of dollars for p2w items. PvP is rare anyway. Bishop is useful in PvP if neither the Bishop nor the DD is 1-shot by the enemy.

AoE hunting, while it's currently the best exp in the game in the top location with the top gear, is otherwise just a waste of time.

Thank you i guess for your help... :/

Just wanted to say i'm enjoying the game experience so far. I'm now level 33 so it's going pretty fast i feel compared to how it used to be :)

Auto hunt is pretty good as well lets me keep going while i pop to kitchen to make a cup of tea which is great :D haha

11 hours ago, Shinra said:

Thank you i guess for your help... :/

Just wanted to say i'm enjoying the game experience so far. I'm now level 33 so it's going pretty fast i feel compared to how it used to be :)

Auto hunt is pretty good as well lets me keep going while i pop to kitchen to make a cup of tea which is great :D haha

If you like the auto-hunt feature then you will most likely have a good time. This is the primary reason i decided to play again after 10 years due to lack of time. Just play for the chills and dont overdo it, the game can be fun if you dont take it too seriously.

12 hours ago, Shinra said:

The grind actually starts at level 80, but going 79 -> 80 already requires more XP than going 1 -> 79.

don't worry krissa, i know all about the grind, like i said i played back in c4/c5 >.< 

leveling now seems so much easier.

yeah DukeGr gets it. relax, kill some mobs, learn some cool skills play with friends. take it easy game is good :)