Wild Horizons Content Update Discussion (Live)

Juji

12 minutes ago, Feryl said:

So, do you think a toon with a barrier with 95% damage reduction and celestial, AoE debuff with low reuse, AoE Damage Skills which doesnt be affected by terrain and two jumps (with stun and damage), should be able to land 100% critical skills?

I think ppl always take top yuls vs average mages to make his comparison. Same gear Feoh > Yul... maybe in End Game Yul > Feoh but that story just can tell ya a small group of players from each servers.

You forgot aoe crowd control too

• Haha 1

Collection was not made for us neither was the mob damage increase.  Korea has to start to learn to regionalize their updates since we do not get all the same events, drop rates, etc Korea does.  We had the worst xp tables for years nevermind that issues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

Collection was not made for us neither was the mob damage increase.  Korea has to start to learn to regionalize their updates since we do not get all the same events, drop rates, etc Korea does.  We had the worst xp tables for years nevermind that issues.

A couple of questions in case you know:

What was the purpose of collection even for Korea?

Why do we get the worst all the time in comparison to every other L2? e.g. xp tables. Dollar trap for L2 store?

How come almost all Japanese L2 players have dragon weapons? I have been following several of them and besides those they have +15 Armor set, ++++ god jewels, 2-3 +15 cloaks. How are all those possible?

4 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Korea has stated they want all regions similar.  The only problem is all other regions dont milk their customer's with insane prices.  Korea, Core, Japan - they all give out items way more often then here.  Japan is the only regions similar to us in that they have cloaks and god jewels.  but everyone there has top items because they have korea's cost model, not ncwest's cost model.  Japan looks like a illegal server it glows so much.

I think this item register book is the beginning tip of the iceberg on how our cost model is going to change to allow more oe'd gear easier.

But, it is ncsoft, and this version of Lineage 2 is a joke compared to all other regions when it comes to what your money gets you.

edit: to put kore/japan events into perspective.  A chest simialr to our current event chest gives stacks of gold/black tickets as a low end reward.  People in korea make +40/50/60 weps bc they literally have 1000s of gold tickets available to use for cheap.

i think our version will slowly become that.  shiny weps sell and attract new customers, and theres a major gear seperation from f2p and p2w players.  making armor/weps more easy to enchant will do alot to aid in how these 2 player types compete.

This update just turned Dragon Shirt, Kaliel Bracelet, Artifact Book, and a few other items that were strictly p2w only into no longer p2w items (all upgrades are drops from mobs).

People are completely passing up on how major that change is from a cost model standpoint for ncwest and what it may mean for our future game experience.

• Like 1

I hope so the fact they had to give us that Herb in august and release ketra/varka and so many xp events and we still haven't caught up in the gear race.  They should of doing those low end reward changes for last 3 - 4 months at min.  Hey those items are nice but what do i do with untradeable emperors pots on an Iss he has 500 now lol  This should signify if they do not pivot quickly there might be a big crash.

14 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

I think this item register book is the beginning tip of the iceberg on how our cost model is going to change to allow more oe'd gear easier.

For the collection system to be useful to us, oe gear must become a piece of cake cost wise and success rate wise. This needs drastic changes.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:53 PM, Juji said:

The monster difficulty in the hunting zones was already reported for re-evaluation.

Hello Juji, will you add this item to the checklist?
because the mobs are doing very powerful damage.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/20754-known-issues-wild-horizons-232021-live/ 

• Like 1

This is complicated, recently after years of cultivation, I finally got a bloody armor, and with that I was super happy to be able to stay in the right areas, but with this update, it made me sad, I think about stopping playing, years of effort for the  trash.  As if those hours of pure grind had been in vain, I sincerely hope that you will listen to your community, be it you, or the Korean developers.

• Like 2

@Juji is there any ways we can exchange our angel accessories into a box so we can eventually collect the 100 boxes to upgrade the angel accessories? After exchanging for soooo many on this event (of cause didn't managed to get a +10 Fallen Angel Ring Box after so many tries), my character can't carry 100+angel accessories and blessed angel accessories.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MartikaCS said:

Also, with the update, my summoner can no longer hunt in normal solo zones for my level and WITH gear and enhancement items.  The mobs are too difficult.  

ie., Forrest of Mirrors is 109-110 solo hunting zone...... At 111, with greater jewels and limited weapon, my summoner can't hunt there solo now.

On 2/2/2021 at 4:28 PM, Juji said:

Good morning, I will express my opinion on the current update.

Overall, I liked the fact that nc gave some visual upgrades to the gameplay, I think the game for having an old and outdated engine lacks some very crucial elements for the gameplay.

Do right:
Currently the game's auto hunt system has a gigantic delay in the use of one skill for another, according to the ticket I asked the nc about macros inside the game with mouse or keyboards, they reported that it is forbidden to use any of the two, so, please, to the GM's, open youtube or live and see the strong server players using it, they use it to chat and even put their hands up while their chares are a skill machine gun. I don't know how the laws work in Korea or in the USA. But if a Brazilian company stipulates a rule or law and sees others circumvent it and does nothing, it closes its doors if it is denounced due to lawsuits.

It is not difficult:
The hunting zones are not difficult, they are average for a 16-year-old server, the problem is that you put a lot of attack speed on the monsters and put many together, you didn’t give a moral to the players you are "free" "giving a quest to get defensive equipment or whatever, you just put it there and pronot ... Of course there will be crying and do you know what will happen if you nerf it now? Who is strong will become stronger and who is weak will remain weak :)
And unfortunately something that made me very sad, I'm almost reaching 110, I have a r99 bloody gun and the rest is full exated, that's what I managed to buy, but after I reach level 110, I can't do anything, the areas they are ridiculously strong from that level, both defense and damage, that is, if I have a weapon for a magician that gives 5x the base power of an exalted person suffers like this, imagine a person who is full exalted.
You can't make players spend, you should make their lives easier, that's why players keep switching servers, going to Europe because there is better administration in these aspects, you spend money, yes, but you get relevant, decent stuff, and always have an event for player free and always have useful things for free players.

I think this update was neither positive nor negative, it was 50% to 50% it could have been much better, we waited 8 months and unfortunately, what came was not at all favored for us, what came was new items for enchant new items and have more money for the company.
But it is amazing how they prefer to have 20 thousand players in the world instead of 500 thousand. it's a very insane account.

This is my opinion

• Thanks 1

In Isle of Prayer, 111-112 solo hunting ground, I now can't hunt there as a 111 summoner.  When my summons are killed, the beast shots also turn off and must be "re-applied".  The auto function of the skill "servitor balance life" doesn't engage in certain hunting areas (to include Karina).  I am seriously disappointed.  

• Thanks 1