Wild Horizons Content Update Discussion (Classic)

Juji

Nice QoL updates, but theres no real content here besides some new items and adjustments that mostly concern 0.1% of the player base (Baium Ring Lv5 etc). We need more PvE activities with player interaction and PvP.

I cant understand what's the point of all these overpowered items, people that will get them can already 1-shot mobs in LoA and ToI and if PvP happens its a Russian roulette of crit proc. We are at a point that people can farm in LoA without shots. We desperately need new content.

Again, you fail to "FIX" any real issues with the game.

Before i go on the negative side, 

Pros-

1.  the removal of the +10 jewel to make +4 boss jewels is a good addition.  Plus the 100mil cost "NO FAIL COMBINE" to make it a lvl 4.

2. the PK system changes are a "step" in the right direction but you gave everyone a pass who have 600-700pks and basically cyber bullied their respective enemies for the past year.

3.  The ability to share within the account A-grade Imprint equipment, Activation Armor (Imprint), Talisman of Fate, Dragon’s Belt, Gems, Talisman (of Speed, Aden, Eva), Talisman of Baium (Imprint), and Heroic Circlet------- from that list only baium imprint, talismans (speed/aden/eva), gems, Heroic Circlets- talisman of fates are tradeable

4.  the addition of new armor from the crafting system- too early to tell, don't understand it to well yet.

5. Arrows weight reduced to 1? why not just make them Zero.  Why penalize a class that unfortunately isn't played much due to the Over poweredness of the Summoner/nuker classes

6.  Addition of Core/Zaken doll- 

Cons-  

1.  You have not fixed the debuff system   a.  Can't see debuffs on raid bosses/mobs/players.  Have not adjusted debuffs by allowing us to lvl them past lvl 74 etc to land on HIGH lvl mobs (i.e. TOI mobs, Raid bosses)

2.  Adena/Exp rates need to be adjusted.  When you do exp/adena events no one complains- then you remove it and we are back to nickel and dimes, slow exp.  TOI floors 5+ difficulty of mobs and experiance gained from hunting them are not worth the time.-  Also debuffs hardly land on these- goes pack to point #1

3.  No content update-  Epics still drop loot at same rate, but now you have made lvl 5 jewels require a lvl 1 jewel and its a FREAKIN 3% to 4% chance respectively.

a.   Epic Elementals don't drop Chapter  4 buff books or for example more of certain items lvl 2 armor stones, etc... limited rewards

b.   Frintessa Epic (instance) Have never seen it drop a jewel.  Should add Chapter 4 buff book to it.  ADD Chapter 4 codex and 1-2 codex to it as well.  Fix jewel drop rate chance.

C. Antharas still unkillable even with the powerful lvl 90s on the server.

4. Instance Zones need more daily instance - Add Butler as a daily instance-  Add more rewards to Baium/Antharas/Zaken instance,  Clan Arena once a week, make it  2 or more times a week.

5 PK system not sure how that will stop people from abusing the pk system .. to early to tell-  Should have penalized them by negative attributes and power... 50% after 4 pks (or equivalent karma), 75% after 10pks (or equivalent karma)  lets see how it goes.

@Juji thanks for a new update, but we also need the directors vision of where you are taking this game.  The fan base can tell you have very limited to no input on this game.  We came to play classic but instead  we have a hybrid and a p2w system.  The ingame content does not provide enough activities for active players.  The server populations have died off due to broken game mechanics, lack of true customer service support to protect the player base from online bullying/harrassment, or pking to protect their adena farms/adena making instance (Butler Key aka Tomb of the Ancient Pirate).  Your prices for Chance to succeed is disgraceful and comes down to just pure gambling.  I urge you to fix the game mechanics (debuffs), raid bosses drop rate/loot tables.... make the risk/vs reward worth while for a raid force....its just sad doing frintessa Raid getting 4 items, and only one of them people even care about...  I've yet to see Antharas killed.  Fix the rates... drop rates, adena rates, Combination rates so that people can enjoy your p2w events, honestly remove the chance from it, people like to get what they PAY for, not a chance.  All of this has been discussed before.  And we are still talking about it.

HammerForge

• Like 2

The following items can now be shared dimensionally between characters:

• A-grade Imprint equipment, Activation Armor (Imprint), Talisman of Fate, Dragon’s Belt, Gems, Talisman (of Speed, Aden, Eva), Talisman of Baium (Imprint), and Heroic Circlet

Will this also work for Valakas necklace?

• Like 1

There is a section with info about changes to the "PVP/PK penalty rules":

PVP/PK penalty rules have been reorganized and changed so that there is an item penalty when a character dies from another player's attack.

Do we have any info what exactly "PVP/PK penalty rules" are?

PK penalty rules is pretty straightforward and have always been about penalties to characters with karma and apply only to them, right? So what are "PVP penalty rules"? A character is considered to participate in PVP when he is flagged (purple name), so do "PVP penalty rules" only apply to flagged characters?

As an unflagged (white name) character is not considered to be participating in PVP, do these rules affect them at all, meaning can you now "drop"(but not really drop)  an item as a white character?

The wording is vague/ambiguous.

Hello,
from Event Power of Love Event, the Potion of Love disables all skills that require a Rapier on Kamaels. My char is Level 86 and VIP10 and I cant farm anymore, because skills disable all my skills. Please fix. You made my char now totally useless.
Plase update, it is really important for my class...

@Juji

54 minutes ago, LastSoul said:

Hello,
from Event Power of Love Event, the Potion of Love disables all skills that require a Rapier on Kamaels. My char is Level 86 and VIP10 and I cant farm anymore, because skills disable all my skills. Please fix. You made my char now totally useless.

@Juji

Why useless? You can still open Loot Boxes right? Stay in Giran and gamble 😛

• L2 Team
5 hours ago, LastSoul said:

Hello,

@Juji

This is a visual issue with your skills becoming "grayed out" on the hotbar after obtaining a Love Potion, but they can still be used for hunting.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:48 AM, Hammerforge said:

Again, you fail to "FIX" any real issues with the game.

Before i go on the negative side, 

Pros-

1.  the removal of the +10 jewel to make +4 boss jewels is a good addition.  Plus the 100mil cost "NO FAIL COMBINE" to make it a lvl 4.

2. the PK system changes are a "step" in the right direction but you gave everyone a pass who have 600-700pks and basically cyber bullied their respective enemies for the past year.

3.  The ability to share within the account A-grade Imprint equipment, Activation Armor (Imprint), Talisman of Fate, Dragon’s Belt, Gems, Talisman (of Speed, Aden, Eva), Talisman of Baium (Imprint), and Heroic Circlet------- from that list only baium imprint, talismans (speed/aden/eva), gems, Heroic Circlets- talisman of fates are tradeable

4.  the addition of new armor from the crafting system- too early to tell, don't understand it to well yet.

5. Arrows weight reduced to 1? why not just make them Zero.  Why penalize a class that unfortunately isn't played much due to the Over poweredness of the Summoner/nuker classes

6.  Addition of Core/Zaken doll- 

Cons-  

1.  You have not fixed the debuff system   a.  Can't see debuffs on raid bosses/mobs/players.  Have not adjusted debuffs by allowing us to lvl them past lvl 74 etc to land on HIGH lvl mobs (i.e. TOI mobs, Raid bosses)

2.  Adena/Exp rates need to be adjusted.  When you do exp/adena events no one complains- then you remove it and we are back to nickel and dimes, slow exp.  TOI floors 5+ difficulty of mobs and experiance gained from hunting them are not worth the time.-  Also debuffs hardly land on these- goes pack to point #1

3.  No content update-  Epics still drop loot at same rate, but now you have made lvl 5 jewels require a lvl 1 jewel and its a FREAKIN 3% to 4% chance respectively.

a.   Epic Elementals don't drop Chapter  4 buff books or for example more of certain items lvl 2 armor stones, etc... limited rewards

b.   Frintessa Epic (instance) Have never seen it drop a jewel.  Should add Chapter 4 buff book to it.  ADD Chapter 4 codex and 1-2 codex to it as well.  Fix jewel drop rate chance.

C. Antharas still unkillable even with the powerful lvl 90s on the server.

4. Instance Zones need more daily instance - Add Butler as a daily instance-  Add more rewards to Baium/Antharas/Zaken instance,  Clan Arena once a week, make it  2 or more times a week.

5 PK system not sure how that will stop people from abusing the pk system .. to early to tell-  Should have penalized them by negative attributes and power... 50% after 4 pks (or equivalent karma), 75% after 10pks (or equivalent karma)  lets see how it goes.

@Juji thanks for a new update, but we also need the directors vision of where you are taking this game.  The fan base can tell you have very limited to no input on this game.  We came to play classic but instead  we have a hybrid and a p2w system.  The ingame content does not provide enough activities for active players.  The server populations have died off due to broken game mechanics, lack of true customer service support to protect the player base from online bullying/harrassment, or pking to protect their adena farms/adena making instance (Butler Key aka Tomb of the Ancient Pirate).  Your prices for Chance to succeed is disgraceful and comes down to just pure gambling.  I urge you to fix the game mechanics (debuffs), raid bosses drop rate/loot tables.... make the risk/vs reward worth while for a raid force....its just sad doing frintessa Raid getting 4 items, and only one of them people even care about...  I've yet to see Antharas killed.  Fix the rates... drop rates, adena rates, Combination rates so that people can enjoy your p2w events, honestly remove the chance from it, people like to get what they PAY for, not a chance.  All of this has been discussed before.  And we are still talking about it.

HammerForge

no debuff on raidboss show is intended

Problems with L2 Coin:

They don't drop in Elemental zones, ne of the bigges level zones are just nerved again?

They don't drop on Party  memeber, if they dont hit... So basically any Supporter can't get L2 Coins...

@Juji...

Adena Problems:

Is it me, or they nerved Adena drop rate again?

@Juji @Hime was supposed the daily mission of 500 mobs in Imperial Tomb be deleted or was a mistake? how to get entrances for 4s again? the drop rate from the fat mobs down there is 1 /day almost. bring back the daily mission please. 
also we should get sayha potions every time we refresh the list of the random craft, it's only giving the 1st time you resfresh it after adding 99 points.

5 hours ago, PartyArty said:

Adena Problems:

Is it me, or they nerved Adena drop rate again?

every big update / patch they introduce, that fixed 20% rate they increased on december 2018 is disabled, so they need to manually do it again, but they are sooooooooooo fast doing these fixes.. wait like 3 months to get fixed

Enough with the nonsense. You broke the last good option in purchasing spirt ore at a decent price. Your “Consumables Bunde“ (Bunde) is not a typo that’s how it is written in the L2 Coin Shop. Makes players waste more money than needed. I do not use shots on my supports but now you are forcing me to do so. You do not open new areas to farm adena for players, yet you keep making players spend adena on items they do not need. Why?  Quit it already. Kill it and add an option to buy adena from the NC Store and stop with the nonsense. You cannot do any of the higher-level hunting zone without shots or spirt ore so just let the players decide. Save players the time and money it takes running different groups just support their mains. I for one do not believe in filling the pockets of botters or RMTers. You keep making adena sinks but players cannot effectively generate enough adena. Make this an option!

• Like 1

25% decrease adena rate is very bad to everyone!!! what are the DEV's thiking??? A main char that farms in LOA by himself or in party with the normal adena rate couldnt pay for his Shots and SO, speciality if its a mage, with this 25% reduction, even worse. I am sure no player wants this...NC, you are making the game even harder.

This server opened in 2018 - only big spenders are >lvl 90 and thats so few players.

Most of the players are lvl 85 and none of them are free to play so...everyone pays you every month. And you make the game even more dificcult?

You want the classic servers to be korean like but their server opnened 3 years EARLIER in 2015!!! 

I just hope theres someone from NC that really reads the forums and can pass the info around. GM's, make a char 3rd class with good gear and go play a couple of hours farming XP or adena (cause thats the choice we have) and do the math. L2 is all about math. Check the XP and adena that you make per hour of gameplay and check how many months/years you would need to lvl up or get adena to pay for your own gear. DO another test: check what you would get on average from NC store by paying you, NC soft, 100 dollars a month - 8k nc coins (we all agree thats allready a generous pay roll for the "normal" players) and with those tests...check what you as a player could get in 6 months - if you do those tests you would be amazed how dissapointing the results would be

We all love lineage 2 thats why we are here but making things worse..is not good for us players. Listen to the players

As I have said so many times, they are turning Lineage 2 into an ugly copy of Fortnite.
Dear GMs, Devs, do you want to understand that the game will inevitably die like this? You're squeezing the players like lemons.
Making the game difficult can be acceptable, and maybe it could make it more beautiful.
But making the game "impossible" for 99% of players means condemning lineage 2 to death.

I think that every player should have the same chances as the others.
It is not acceptable that only those who can afford to spend mind-boggling amounts can achieve some results.
While most gamers have to deal with the frustrating reality of an impossible gameplay.
There are not enough play areas on the map.
Other game areas on the map are useless.
Fundamental items can only be purchased (at best) or are only obtained if you are very very lucky with a raffle.
And oviously only "RICH" players can afford it.
And in all this where did the pleasure of the game and the skill of the single player go?

You have definitely killed classes that were very useful in the philosophy of the game.
Now there are only wizards or archers.
All other classes are predominantly boxes.
Farming and crafting were the foundations of this game.
You are going in the opposite direction to what everyone is asking for.
I don't think this situation will last long.
Get an account, and try to play 5 hours a day for 6 months.
And then have the courage to admit we told you so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1