Ertheia characters are having Out-of-Body experiences...

Teribeth

NQJAZiG.jpeg

possible explanation from Patch notes:

Changed the visual appearance of cloaks on Ertheia.

It has been changed so that when one’s mouse is over, or targets a target, the targets outline will be displayed.

Another possibility, not from Patch notes... this is when the C-grade Appearance mask is active(in crowded areas)

11 hours ago, Teribeth said:

NQJAZiG.jpeg

possible explanation from Patch notes:

Changed the visual appearance of cloaks on Ertheia.

It has been changed so that when one’s mouse is over, or targets a target, the targets outline will be displayed.

Another possibility, not from Patch notes... this is when the C-grade Appearance mask is active(in crowded areas)

Whatever has caused this may also be related to Ertheia Sayune problems... it seems to happen even when the C-grade mask has worn off(just not every Ertheia, so it may affect some other Appearances/Armor textures.)

• 3 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 11:06 AM, Juji said:

We will have a fix this week  for some of the mesh/graphical issues with the Ertheia.

I never noticed much improvement(maybe a little better chance to use Sayune jump without glitch)... however, it's getting worse the last couple of weeks, I can't use Sayune anymore(get stuck every time and restart puts me back on ground by the Sayune)

• L2 Team
Just now, SAXnVl0LlNS said:

I never noticed much improvement(maybe a little better chance to use Sayune jump without glitch)... however, it's getting worse the last couple of weeks, I can't use Sayune anymore(get stuck every time and restart puts me back on ground by the Sayune)

We deployed a fix last week to resolve some issues with the Sayune Jump. Can you try again? Let us know what area and what happens to your character? 

I have found a work around... the Issue I was having is the Camera seems to have a z-axis limit, if you jump straight up to selector(Giran/Dion) the camera stays at ground level(I just jump up, delay, land/jump again) If I turn the Camera straight up I can see the selector  and when I am close I can click and continue. Sayunes that bounce to higher and higher platforms(Enchanted Valley/Aden) Your character disappears under the selector, it seems like 1st person view until you look up... you can click the selector.

6 hours ago, Juji said:

We deployed a fix last week to resolve some issues with the Sayune Jump. Can you try again? Let us know what area and what happens to your character? 

any EV one i use i get caught up on top of the hill and have to restart to get back down

3 hours ago, derpman said:

any EV one i use i get caught up on top of the hill and have to restart to get back down

If you change camera to look straight up, you will see yourself above(jumping/"landing") and when you are close to the selector arrows you can click them to continue.  The Camera gets left behind when you make the last jump UP to the selector.

On 5/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, Juji said:

well the out of body effect was still happening, until 5/12 maintenance... I was trying to make video of that just now and it seems to be fixed(the Sayune vid I made earlier today)

On 11/5/2021 at 19:45, SAXnVl0LlNS said:

Encontré una solución ... el problema que estaba teniendo es que la cámara parece tener un límite en el eje z, si saltas directamente al selector (Giran / Dion), la cámara permanece a nivel del suelo (simplemente salto hacia arriba, retrasar, aterrizar / saltar de nuevo) Si giro la cámara hacia arriba puedo ver el selector y cuando estoy cerca puedo hacer clic y continuar. Sayunes que rebotan a plataformas cada vez más altas (Enchanted Valley / Aden) Tu personaje desaparece debajo del selector, parece una vista en primera persona hasta que miras hacia arriba ... puedes hacer clic en el selector.

This is not a solution, it is just a hot water rag, this jump should work equally for all characters

8 hours ago, laheleacion said:

This is not a solution, it is just a hot water rag, this jump should work equally for all characters

I agree, if every character got stuck... it would have been fixed before anyone figured out it was just the camera was stuck. At least now it is just inconvenient, instead of impossible and game breaking.

https://streamable.com/qpewt7

• 1 month later...

These issues seem to be mostly fixed now, only while the C-grade mask is in effect the hover-outline just shows Character's Head and Weapon(Fists or Retributer) when the C-grade mask is removed, then the full character is outlined. I haven't seen the outline trying to break free for a few weeks now. The Sayune jumps have all been working for me since June 16 update.