If You Only Had 50 Billion Adena Budgeted, Which Class Would You Play?

Get2ThePoint

Let's pretend you're new to the game, starting a character from scratch, but you lucked out and found a really good clan. The Clan Leader gives you 50 billion adena and tells you to go level up, playing any class that you want.  You're pretty flexible and willing to play any class, but you want to get the biggest bang for your budget. Given that, which class would you choose to play? And what equipment would you buy?

PS: Under no circumstances can you spend more than 50B. Not even if an orc punches you, knocking out all of your teeth,  and the Tooth Fairy stops by that evening and gives you 50 more billion under your pillow.

well basically all Tyr classes are decent farm now, even a meastro will do fine and those dont need crazy gear

ofc if u go pskill damage set up then things are more costly so it does pay off to observe the market / AH what gear is affordable and go with best class tied to that gear

7 hours ago, Draecke said:

well basically all Tyr classes are decent farm now, even a meastro will do fine and those dont need crazy gear

ofc if u go pskill damage set up then things are more costly so it does pay off to observe the market / AH what gear is affordable and go with best class tied to that gear

Anything based on p atk crit dmg will be cheaper because of the rings required to do dmg. 

52 minutes ago, Degus said:

you are all recommending a DD, 50b on a dd isn't gonna go far if you wanna do more then alligator island for the next 2 years

Nobody parties support outside a cp and dailies. All xp zones are solo zones and a 50b support won't go far in a cp.

If this wasn't true, you wouldn't see a shortage of tanks, iss and healers for pug groups. 

Edit: I don't think a 50b support would get past alligator island either without ncoin or something else. It has 0 solo ability which is what you need for 18-20 hours a day. 

58 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

Nobody parties support outside a cp and dailies. All xp zones are solo zones and a 50b support won't go far in a cp.

If this wasn't true, you wouldn't see a shortage of tanks, iss and healers for pug groups. 

Edit: I don't think a 50b support would get past alligator island either without ncoin or something else. It has 0 solo ability which is what you need for 18-20 hours a day. 

sorry you feel that way,   so you're telling him a cp is a bad idea?  people play for different reasong but think most people join an mmo to party, not solo 24/7

he asked for a useful class, i wouldn't party any of the above classes and good luck at siege.  50b on support is amazing gear compared to dd, hell, they don't even need R110 weapon!

4 minutes ago, Degus said:

sorry you feel that way,   so you're telling him a cp is a bad idea?  people play for different reasong but think most people join an mmo to party, not solo 24/7

he asked for a useful class, i wouldn't party any of the above classes and good luck at siege.  50b on support is amazing gear compared to dd, hell, they don't even need R110 weapon!

I did not say a cp was a bad idea. I said 50b on a support class won't go far. You talk siege, no one is sieging on 50b.

I don't disagree with you that support is needed. But the question was 50b, best bang for the buck. Sadly, a support class in the current state of the game won't go far. 

But maybe we play different types of siege. A low lvl 50b support toon isn't making a difference in the pvp's I encounter on sieges. It will literally die non stop. 

38 minutes ago, Degus said:

song of archer alone beats a 50b dd, so no

what is a 50b dd gonna accomplish?  will probably never hit 107 and never start farming more adena.  yes, support requires help to level but its out there. 

A 50b evisc can afk farm somewhere. A 50b support will still be standing in town for 16-18 hours a day asking for a party.

We clearly interpreted the OP's question differently. 

• Like 1

a 110 iss can go to toi w/ me in exhaulted gear, not any of those dd you mention, cool, set your toon afk and check it next year.  I reread it, he said play.   a healer in exhaulted can do dailies w/ me, not an evis in crap gear, healer/iss/tank all welcome in varka, not the dd's mentioned

10 hours ago, Degus said:

a 110 iss can go to toi w/ me in exhaulted gear, not any of those dd you mention, cool, set your toon afk and check it next year.  I reread it, he said play.   a healer in exhaulted can do dailies w/ me, not an evis in crap gear, healer/iss/tank all welcome in varka, not the dd's mentioned

and 50b will get an iss to 110 in how many months?  and in what way will it xp?

It always sounds good on the forums to say "Play a support and you'll always get a party."  In game it simply doesn't work that way.  This is especially true if you have a 50b budget.  How are you gonna get to 110?  How are you gonna make ANY adena?  How are you gonna XP for the 95% of the time you CAN'T find a party?  If you come back to game with a set group of friends who is starting a CP then sure, go support.  Or, if you can join a highly active PvE clan which will even take a 105 support toon you "might" be able to level somewhat effectively.  If you find yourself in either of these two scenarios and you want to play a support toon then great!  I'm glad for you.  

Beyond that.... as others have suggested, go Evis (or Maestro).  With 50b you can gear out enough to solo effectively.  You'll be able to solo Storm, Crisis, and eventually PI/IoS (if you cant kill extremely fast, PI isn't worth it).  During drop events and double adena events you'll actually be able to make $$.  In all honestly, you will eventually hit a wall but, you can get to 110 on an Evis in mostly exalted gear (I've done it). 

I could get a cp support 110 and they'd still have their 50b when done, they'd be needed every day and never have to solo.     They would do dailies, siege, throne, and xp with a little pvp mixed in.    So, looking back, best bang for the buck again I pick tank.   Healer might even be cheaper, never played 1.    To me that sounds better then a useless 110 eveis that all ya do is fill it's ss once a day and check xp bar, that's not playing.