What to farm? No way to build up...

So, as a player that dont usually take part in the L2Store events, and since i am a "free" player, what is left to farm nowadays?

Seriously now, when there was the Rift and the Factions there was a way to gain some adenas, even though i had to raise 18 toons to support one. But now, since everything are on the L2Store to buy with real money, what a player like me should to farm? 

I dont see a way for keep on playing without spending real money. 

Thnx in advance! 

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2021 at 1:24 PM, Degus said:

there are more ways in this update to farm then most in the past, I expect it to be nerfed, you don't tell us your toon so can't really help more.  

Yeah soz about that, main healer dual feoh, and for supporting healer to lvl up, wynn with dual wind rider. 

On 2/10/2021 at 9:03 AM, mixa said:

There are other ways, if you can afford to gear up a single toon to mediocre level and be able to invest ingame time.

Also PLAY a DD, like Archer, Spoiler or Evis.

Why spoiler? I have a toon but it doeant seem to handle in exalted items in phantasmal ridge for example... 

17 hours ago, PrincessLayla said:

Yeah soz about that, main healer dual feoh, and for supporting healer to lvl up, wynn with dual wind rider. 

Why spoiler? I have a toon but it doeant seem to handle in exalted items in phantasmal ridge for example... 

It's the strongest PVE dagger....

there are more ways in this update to farm then most in the past, I expect it to be nerfed, you don't tell us your toon so can't really help more.  

4 hours ago, Degus said:

due to lag, daggers are so slow to level totally not worth playing.   make a de archer to level the healer, or better yet, start a cp, hardest class to find is healer, no way you should be leveling it alone. 

Hahah yeee but yet u still didnt tell me what or how to farm... 😁 Seriously, im desperate... 

On 2/8/2021 at 11:02 PM, Brawd said:

Do field of crisis every day, many f2p ppl farming there, if you are lucky u can get 1b+ daily (forgotten spellbooks, accessory augment stone, artifact crystal).

Well, i did field of crisis today, with 14 toons. I have to say that i only picked up soul stones and spirit ores 😕

On 2/10/2021 at 9:03 AM, mixa said:

There are other ways, if you can afford to gear up a single toon to mediocre level and be able to invest ingame time.

Also PLAY a DD, like Archer, Spoiler or Evis.

Could u tell me what other ways are there for farming for guys like me? 

Thnx for ur time... 

I'd really appreciate it if u could some of the ways... 

Thanx for the help! 

Hey mates,

I used to be somewhat of a hardcore L2 player in the past up until the point I quit in 2012.
Though the game does feel overwhelming with the vast array of items/upgrades being locked behind a paywall and/or an insurmountable amount of Adena, it does a feel a lot easier than it used to be.

I started playing again a month+ ago, sadly right after the XP event. I am now 107+ on 2 chars and 106 on iss.
Still relatively basic gear exalted tier 2, some cheap agathion +4/+5,  Enhanced Shadow stormer on the dreadnought, ring of creation and almost all the Special skills that require runes. 
I started almost from zero and I did not get a prestige sub until free VP week was over. I backtracked a lot, researched for many days while trying to get my bearings with the game. I started with different toons reached 103 and then I rerolled and if I knew all the things I know now from day one I am sure I would have reached even higher.

My setup is mainly the reason I can do almost every instanced zone with my 3 toon group. I went for Dreadnought + Feoh StormScreamer + Dominator/Hierophant. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am at a point where I make around 600-1bil a day. 
Main source of income is Beleth's where I make between 15-25kk per hour depending on spot and Player activity. I try to stay there when I am at work or busy with other tasks at home
Then when I am free to actually play the game xd, I "solo" Storm/PI/Crisis. From sttorm I make around 150kk in 1 hour (Still 107 so I get a pretty high dmg penatly). On PI/Crisis it's purely RNG and it could range from 100kk to ++++.

At 107 with my gear range I can only do Kartia 110 which is still pretty decent since it can provide me with the consumables to make PI/Storm worthwhile.

Lastly I do IT whenever there is a group since I still cant carry myself in that zone :) 

Indoubitably I still have a lot to learn/relearn about the game but all the core mechanics seem very straightforward and as with most statbased games, it is easily manipulated.

I know I wont reach the TOPDOGS but I am still having fun and since I was always a competent player in every game I 've ever played I know I will find ways to manipulate the mechanics.

TLDR;

Game is not that hard as it may seem at first glance, try to make a better setup.

Cheers

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Traingirl said:

Im  actually happy to read someone with some positive reaction... although.. you are atm at the spot where its manageable, just using some exalted and basic gear.

The calculation you show doesnt say the adena spent for hunting either.. like Soul/Spiritshots and/or dye powders.. these actually subtract the earnings you do daily.

Now.. how do you think you would do with the earnings you make daily to upgrade gear needed at lvl109-111?

If you actually check update notes.. increase in mobs resistance + damage dealt to you.. or do you plan to still hunt at beleth at these lvls (109-111)?

It has been stated that the free exalted gear + sps/ss given are awesome.. but since they removed ALL other ways to actually gear yourself up (xtra adena drop -xp mob spots.. and reward giving quests... worthwhile craft mats) you will be stuck using NCShop eventually.

I do hope you keep that fire of positive thinking alive.. server in great need of that.. but you will suffer the hard speed bumps soon enough :(

14 hours ago, Traingirl said:

Main source of income is Beleth's where I make between 15-25kk per hour depending on spot and Player activity. I try to stay there when I am at work or busy with other tasks at home
Then when I am free to actually play the game xd, I "solo" Storm/PI/Crisis. From sttorm I make around 150kk in 1 hour (Still 107 so I get a pretty high dmg penatly). On PI/Crisis it's purely RNG and it could range from 100kk to ++++.

At 107 with my gear range I can only do Kartia 110 which is still pretty decent since it can provide me with the consumables to make PI/Storm worthwhile.

Lastly I do IT whenever there is a group since I still cant carry myself in that zone :) 

Indoubitably I still have a lot to learn/relearn about the game but all the core mechanics seem very straightforward and as with most statbased games, it is easily manipulated.

I know I wont reach the TOPDOGS but I am still having fun and since I was always a competent player in every game I 've ever played I know I will find ways to manipulate the mechanics.

TLDR;

Game is not that hard as it may seem at first glance, try to make a better setup.

Cheers

Which one do you solo with? The Dreadnought or the StormScreamer?

3 hours ago, hi5 said:

Which one do you solo with? The Dreadnought or the StormScreamer?

Sorry, I guess I did not clarify it.
I put !SOLO! inside quotation marks "SOLO".

I meant as a 3 man party. I reckon it would be impossible to actually AoE solo that zone at lvl 107 even with far better gear.

Basically I use:

ISS hierophant 106 as a buffer/healer with a decent macro.
Mage stays on auto during all the process. With a good combo macro I think mage is the strongest AoE class if you have basic gear.
Dreadnought I mostly play live to pull 4-5 groups while alt-tabing a lot between ISS-Dread to stay alive.  With a good macro to keep stun/knockdown on mobs as much as I can (Berserker's/Magician's binding gives u another extra 10% dmg ) also helps with surviving.
Tyrr dread are amazing to pull many groups really fast. 
In addition, I swap between stances (bear cry - ogre cry - rabbit cry) all the time.

Mage macro :  https://gyazo.com/6a21ee9a66d56e333b169bb22d8f5396
Tyrr macro : https://gyazo.com/7fc22e5cb23698bb973abd986daf7149
Iss macro https://gyazo.com/b1995dd7fa5402d1bdf7c859710f3ab2

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NejJim said:

The calculation you show doesnt say the adena spent for hunting either.. like Soul/Spiritshots and/or dye powders.. these actually subtract the earnings you do daily.

Now.. how do you think you would do with the earnings you make daily to upgrade gear needed at lvl109-111?

I hear you, I understand that NCwest want players to put their hand deep into their pockets and don't get me wrong, there are days where I am itching hard to "OPEN Credit Card" 🤪

As for my expenses, I do not use Dye powder 24/7, I think it is not worth it. I still need to test if it is worth using one on each dps for the instanced zones rotation.
For SS/BSS/Spirit ores I do not use more than 50kk/day probably more around 40kk/day.

PS: When I reach 108 I will have to find out myself how to deal with balancing gold making/gridning.
I have to admit Beleth is amazing and everywhere else I tried to afk exp is half as good as that zone.
I think 108-109 will be less profitable but 109+ I feel Tanor exp/gold will be on par with beleth since I'll be killing Tanor mobs a lot faster than I do now. Right now I still die sometimes when I afk on Tanor and neither exp/gold is anywhere near to what beleth gives me. Around 1,2trill exp per hour and 13-14kk per hour as a 3man group. 

Other option would be to focus on better exp from instanced zones as I get stronger and still afk xp in beleth with abysmal exp but even better gold making than now. Correct me if I am wrong but gold drop does not degrade when killing light blue mobs.
Also, I reckon at lvl 109 I would actually be able to make Isle of souls worth my time. 

By 110 I think I will have enough to boost my single target dmg on Tyrr to carry me through IoS with PoM on my back or even get a cp which is the ultimate goal in this game.

I hope I can keep a positive mindset like you said :)

• Like 1

wanna know the best f2p farm?! OLLY
make 100 toons lvl 100, fight 25x each at olly and get 1k codex in the end of the month and sell them.
and be hurry, redlibra with main change is comming up.... the price will rise af 

i did that when i started..... its  booooooring, but a real good 100% f2p farm.
meanwhile xp your main, and a few months later ull improve others farms (sh1, storm, crisis, primavel)

u can play nice with that.... i mean, u wont make to aden castle, but u can make a decent pve toon..... over time. 
Then join/make a cp and hf..... 

P.S manny ppl quit because of that, but u dont need go to aden castle to have fun in this game. 

9 hours ago, meatbun said:

Thanks for the encouraging information Traingirl. Would you mind sharing the ability tree you're using for your Dreadnought? Thanks in advance

No problem man. I am sure there are more things that can be done to make pve , adena making faster always are we just need to find em. 

The dreadnought abilities : https://gyazo.com/be919aa3ad05bee0bad7e061c794ed50

• Like 1

I think you were too hasty or in disbelief that you posted something before thinking it through.

If you want a rough estimate just divide by 3 or multiply by 3 whichever way you wanna calculate it and your calculations will apply to reality :)

By your calculations I would be making 75kk/h lmao